Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Why do all the boxing fans hate mma so much?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why do all the boxing fans hate mma so much?

i was just at the boxing page on this site and theres all kinds of shit talk how boxing is why better then mma and how mma will never compare to boxing in a million years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do all the boxing fans hate mma so much?

im not sure why? there totally different but even boxing fans must realise mma fighters are alot more skilled than boxers. Fighting is like a tool box the more tools you have i.e Boxing, Thai etc the more skilled you will be. Boxers come to the table with there skill boxing while they may be world class at boxing most of the time there not going to beat a guy who is an average boxer but is also an average wrestler,and with average jui jitsu skills they would just get taken down. And they go on about boxing's history, yeah it does have a long history but even that had to start somewere we are witnessing MMA history all the time now, such as UFC buying Pride out in years to come that will be classed as history.

on the subject of MMA fights not being long enough i think there just right, 5 x 5 min rounds for a title fight is enough.

I would have agreed on the subject that MMA fights can be more boring than boxing matches until i witnessed Skelton Vs Sprott, least in MMA the ref pushes the action and if it goes stale on the ground etc he will bring them both back to there feet, or in organisations such as pride they get a yellow card and 10% of there pay dropped for holding etc if they did that in boxing people like skelton would end up in debt.

Do a google search for "MMA vs Boxing" you will notice all the top results will be boxing websites its almost like they feel the need to defend boxing's honour, its like the bully who has got tired and old and the new kid comes along all fresh with bigger and better skills some people will still look up to the bully as the top dog and try to defend him

All in all i see MMA as an evolution, this is a boxing message board but it has a MMA section that in itself proves how much of a force MMA has become.

when its all said and done I'm still a big boxing fan though

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This looks like a Troll job to me...look at the guys name
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats a troll

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bugger me so someone would go to the hassle of registering on here,confirming there email address then posting a topic, all to watch people they have never met argue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think you can really say An MMA figher is more skilled than a boxer just because they have more to do...i mean you could easily say that a boxer could get a punch in every time An MMA fighter got close to him ...where as its easy to say an MMA FIGHTER could just flying kick a boxer from half way across the ring......End of the day you get Good boxing matches and good MMA matches and you get shit boxing
    matches and shit MMA matches.... I cant stand MMA to be honest my personal opinion you get a good MMA match when one fighters ability is better than the others cos i hate the grappling aswell...even though its incredibly difficult...i just hate it.....MMA and boxing ...wether you like it or not ..Its an opinio and no amount of debate is going to change any Fans mind about it so keep MMA to MMA sites and keep SADDO's to boxing thnk u very much
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never really understood why people who openly dislike MMA come to this forum...Its like they need some sort of validation of their views...Go post with Lyle so yall can congratulate each other for being so superior

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a boxing fan, but not a fan of MMA.

I reckon the truth of it is that we feel a bit threatened by it - MMA has taken away some of the casual boxing fans, who have gone to MMA and that means less money in the sport.

There are loads of genuinely tough guys in MMA, but I'm not sure that they are all international calibre athletes yet (some definitely are, but the 'average' is lower than boxing - simply because MMA is newer). The day will come when a potential world champion boxer is lost to MMA and I think that is what threatens us as boxing fans. The money and recognition is still better in boxing, but again, that's because boxing is older and more established as a sporting spectacle.

We already see great athletes lost to NFL, Rugby etc, and MA is even more similar to boxing, to it follows that it is bigger potential drain.

Also, some idiots like to compare who is 'bigger', 'harder', a better puncher ...... a tougher guy, a better fighter. Inarticulate idiots do this by dissing the opposition rather than actually arguing a constructive point.

What do you think?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC X...I can appreciate that post...Even though I'm sick of the MMA vs Boxing discussion, I can't seem to get away from them...I just wouldn't go into the boxing section and make some thread like "Liddel could KO Wlad", yet MMA haters seem to frequent the forum and let us know just how much they dislike the sport....Yes MMA has taken a percentage of young viewers who might otherwise be watching boxing...But to say MMA is going to be Boxing's death blow is like record companies saying that Napster was putting them out of business. Typically the MMA haters points boil down to simple subjectivity of a sports entertainment value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though I'm sick of the MMA vs Boxing discussion
    Yeah I was hoping this thread would get ignored but oh well. Why do some boxing fans hate MMA? The same reason some MMA fans hate boxing. Personal preference, lets leave it at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cool thanks for the info dogs i really didn't know that this argument has been going on for along time.

Thread Information