Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe P4P list

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    If Calzaghe was born in America he would be currently in Rings top 3 p4p . No doubt about it

You mean like Manny Pacquio #2 and Juan Manuel Marquez #3??

Another well thought post by Julius Rain

Those two fighters arent british so I dont get your point . Why esle isnt Calazghe rated then ? It cant be on ring achievements cuz he is the longests reigning champion in the sport . Beaten everyone they put infront of him , undefeated too. Pac and Marquez lost recently but they are 2 and 3 ? Its BS ! But then again its just an opinion
    I'm with frozen on this one. it doesn't matter if your undefeated or not and has been holding a abc title for years. its more than just that, jmm and pac they have fought all over the world they paid their dues, they don't just fight in their backyard hell they hardly ever do. They fight in the biggest stages possible. Joe just fights inside his little town, look how many guys he could be fighting but hasn't.he just now realize he needs to get out of whales to show if he really is great. But wait where is he fighting kessler at nevermind I guess he feels they have to come to him, good for kessler for wanting this fight. i really think kessler is going to win.

If joe was an american he prolly would be top 3 p4p right now because he wouldn't have been inside small whales, he would be in the best fights and biggest stages of the world. That is if he still has his title and undefeated record. I highly doubt he could make it to 30 fights and be undefeated if he was in america someone would of whoop him good a long time ago

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    If Calzaghe was born in America he would be currently in Rings top 3 p4p . No doubt about it

Those two fighters arent british so I dont get your point . Why esle isnt Calazghe rated then ? It cant be on ring achievements cuz he is the longests reigning champion in the sport . Beaten everyone they put infront of him , undefeated too. Pac and Marquez lost recently but they are 2 and 3 ? Its BS ! But then again its just an opinion
    I'm with frozen on this one. it doesn't matter if your undefeated or not and has been holding a abc title for years. its more than just that, jmm and pac they have fought all over the world they paid their dues, they don't just fight in their backyard hell they hardly ever do. They fight in the biggest stages possible. Joe just fights inside his little town, look how many guys he could be fighting but hasn't.he just now realize he needs to get out of whales to show if he really is great. But wait where is he fighting kessler at nevermind I guess he feels they have to come to him, good for kessler for wanting this fight. i really think kessler is going to win.

If joe was an american he prolly would be top 3 p4p right now because he wouldn't have been inside small whales, he would be in the best fights and biggest stages of the world. That is if he still has his title and undefeated record. I highly doubt he could make it to 30 fights and be undefeated if he was in america someone would of whoop him good a long time ago
    Whales are animals fool.

Anyhow, I disagree with you in your comparisons with JMM and Pac, quite simply because they are from countries where they can't make as much money as they can in America. If you think they both fight in the states because they want the recognition and kudos you're seriously deluded, they're there for the money, period.

The difference with Calzaghe is he can get a bigger audience here than by going to the USA to fight, and get more fans through the turnstiles. And once again you raise the issue of his opposition, but ultimately he's beaten the best in the SMW division, and is fighting the best it has to offer next time out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones never left USA - does that mean he's not Great?
    Joe has fought many times outside of his own country Wales. He's even fought in Denmark and Germany.

Nigel Benn fought in the USA a few times and also Italy- the only US champ that would fight him in the UK was Gerald McClellan and he got destroyed. That's why Roy Jones would never fight Benn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im with ya WDR well put fella..
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob

Joe has fought many times outside of his own country Wales. He's even fought in Denmark and Germany.

Nigel Benn fought in the USA a few times and also Italy- the only US champ that would fight him in the UK was Gerald McClellan and he got destroyed. That's why Roy Jones would never fight Benn.

there is no way u can compare a fighter never leaving usa to a fighter in uk(as in united kingdom including wales)

usa is huge compared to us with a lot more boxers already there

and i think what ppl are talking about wen they refer to JC never leaving uk is big fights

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by katfight

there is no way u can compare a fighter never leaving usa to a fighter in uk(as in united kingdom including wales)

and i think what ppl are talking about wen they refer to JC never leaving uk is big fights

Kat your the only one with a brain that can understand and not be blinded by the manly love they have for joe.C in here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh and im from uk too !!!!!

thanx julius

it just logic really

and to anyone else i aint h8ing either its just common sense

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's good for the Goose is Good for the Gander

Marvin Hagler fought in the Uk so did Tyson.

Lloyd Honeyghan and Lennox Lewis fought in the USA.

Europe is just as big as the US. So why do US fighters not travel here while European fighters get criticsised for not fighting outside of Europe.

How many Americans go to Mexico to win titles?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But then again, Joe has been the away fighter plenty of times in the UK. With the lack of atmosphere at american boxing venues (see the impact Ricky's fans had in Vegas) I'd say that being the away fighter in Britain has a much bigger impact than being an away fighter in the USA.

And again I'll raise the issue that there have been very few decent American SMW's come through in recent years, and Jeff Lacy was a rare exception, so going to America to fight some other guy, not from America didn't make sense. You look at most SMW rankings and there's at most two or three Americans there, usually between 10 and 20.

Kat your the only one with a brain that can understand and not be blinded by the manly love they have for joe.C in here
    Really intelligent contribution. Just go sit in the corner and have another beer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very well put superheavyrhum cc for the for a good example on why joe doesn't travel much best i heard so far

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very smart post superheavyrhun cc for the best post i have seen that explains why Joe doesn't travel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well put SUPERHEAVY just seconding you, in agreement with you all the way....like Joe says tho....trouble with Britain is they would rather lament or feel sorry for the man who comes second.......

And not sing up for our winners.....and love or hate Joe...watch the Mitchell fight again.....he is every inch a winner, and I dont appologise for reminding some on this forum of that ,thanx
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so ur saying being the away fighter in britian has a bigger impact on ur career than being the away fighter in america

and i dont see how a fighter traveling from say wales to manchester/london etc .....can really be analyized next to a fighter going to america

but just to make a point i was refering too boxers in general not just JC

and also Bambam just a point ............if your british you dont have to like all british fighters and cheer each time they win you know

and if joe is making comments like that then he deserves to have h8rs

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so ur saying being the away fighter in britian has a bigger impact on ur career than being the away fighter in america

and i dont see how a fighter traveling from say wales to manchester/london etc .....can really be analyized next to a fighter going to america

but just to make a point i was refering too boxers in general not just JC

and also Bambam just a point ............if your british you dont have to like all british fighters and cheer each time they win you know

and if joe is making comments like that then he deserves to have h8rs
    As you well know, I never mentioned impact on his career, just stated that going to the North-East or South-West involves fighting in a much more hostile environment than at some casino which could be in any country in the world. When it comes to challenging atmospheres, I reckon Calzaghe going to fight Robin Reid in Newcastle, or Richie Woodhall in Sheffield is a tougher atmosphere to fight in than say Hatton fighting Castillo in Vegas with 10,000 of his own fans there.

And whilst you may be referring to fighters in general...it is in a thread entitled "Calzaghe P4P List".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was not saying a Brit has to like Every Brit fighter, far from it .. that would be bollox in any book bud....

However what I am saying is that love or hate Joe C, Brit or none Brit, he has done more than enough to warrant respect from anyone who has an idea about boxing....you don't have to like him, but the guy has done everything asked of him and beat whatever has been put in front of him...

Whatever he does he will never be given credit in certain quarters, he beats Lacy and its "well Lacy wasn't that good" if he beat Hopkins it would be "Oh yeah but Hopkins was too old or shot" the guy cant win....and is he not well mannered, is there not a lot more arrogant fighters out there....

I think so
    Hidden Content

Thread Information