CC BamBamDaddio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe P4P list

Cheers hitmandonny, good to know others can be sensible re this issue' Thanx bud.
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    If Calzaghe was born in America he would be currently in Rings top 3 p4p . No doubt about it

You mean like Manny Pacquio #2 and Juan Manuel Marquez #3??

Another well thought post by Julius Rain

Those two fighters arent british so I dont get your point . Why esle isnt Calazghe rated then ? It cant be on ring achievements cuz he is the longests reigning champion in the sport . Beaten everyone they put infront of him , undefeated too. Pac and Marquez lost recently but they are 2 and 3 ? Its BS ! But then again its just an opinion
    I'm with frozen on this one. it doesn't matter if your undefeated or not and has been holding a abc title for years. its more than just that, jmm and pac they have fought all over the world they paid their dues, they don't just fight in their backyard hell they hardly ever do. They fight in the biggest stages possible. Joe just fights inside his little town, look how many guys he could be fighting but hasn't.he just now realize he needs to get out of whales to show if he really is great. But wait where is he fighting kessler at nevermind I guess he feels they have to come to him, good for kessler for wanting this fight. i really think kessler is going to win.

If joe was an american he prolly would be top 3 p4p right now because he wouldn't have been inside small whales, he would be in the best fights and biggest stages of the world. That is if he still has his title and undefeated record. I highly doubt he could make it to 30 fights and be undefeated if he was in america someone would of whoop him good a long time ago
    Whales are animals fool.

Anyhow, I disagree with you in your comparisons with JMM and Pac, quite simply because they are from countries where they can't make as much money as they can in America. If you think they both fight in the states because they want the recognition and kudos you're seriously deluded, they're there for the money, period.

The difference with Calzaghe is he can get a bigger audience here than by going to the USA to fight, and get more fans through the turnstiles. And once again you raise the issue of his opposition, but ultimately he's beaten the best in the SMW division, and is fighting the best it has to offer next time out.
    Very good point superheavyrhun CC . They all go to America cuz thats where they make money but Joe can pull in a crowd of 35k by fighting a bum in his own Country . People dont realise this so they disregard his achievemnst cuz he hasnt gne to America ?! He beats every Yank put infornt of him .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JC has beaten every fighter at SMW now for 10 years, its hard to knock him, i would say he has got four fights left so it is now time to go to america and find the big boys
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

couldn't agree more but wouldv'e love Calzaghe-Ottke

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    couldn't agree more but wouldv'e love Calzaghe-Ottke
    I know, that fight would have comparisons with the fight we have coming up in November. At the time, Ottke was the established champion and Calzaghe was the young upstart having recently grabbed a world title. Today Calzaghe is the old man of the division, and Kessler is the young upstart, but at least this one got made.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    If Calzaghe was born in America he would be currently in Rings top 3 p4p . No doubt about it

You mean like Manny Pacquio #2 and Juan Manuel Marquez #3??

Another well thought post by Julius Rain

Those two fighters arent british so I dont get your point . Why esle isnt Calazghe rated then ? It cant be on ring achievements cuz he is the longests reigning champion in the sport . Beaten everyone they put infront of him , undefeated too. Pac and Marquez lost recently but they are 2 and 3 ? Its BS ! But then again its just an opinion
    I'm with frozen on this one. it doesn't matter if your undefeated or not and has been holding a abc title for years. its more than just that, jmm and pac they have fought all over the world they paid their dues, they don't just fight in their backyard hell they hardly ever do. They fight in the biggest stages possible. Joe just fights inside his little town, look how many guys he could be fighting but hasn't.he just now realize he needs to get out of whales to show if he really is great. But wait where is he fighting kessler at nevermind I guess he feels they have to come to him, good for kessler for wanting this fight. i really think kessler is going to win.

If joe was an american he prolly would be top 3 p4p right now because he wouldn't have been inside small whales, he would be in the best fights and biggest stages of the world. That is if he still has his title and undefeated record. I highly doubt he could make it to 30 fights and be undefeated if he was in america someone would of whoop him good a long time ago

Roy Jones never left USA - does that mean he's not Great?
    Joe has fought many times outside of his own country Wales. He's even fought in Denmark and Germany.

Nigel Benn fought in the USA a few times and also Italy- the only US champ that would fight him in the UK was Gerald McClellan and he got destroyed. That's why Roy Jones would never fight Benn.
    He hasn't done it many times once was a rematch with Veit after he destroyed him in 1 round oh yea thats a real threat

And the other one against Will McIntyre two bums basically well i will be fair to Veit and call him goodish but his chin was made of glass.

Jones didn't have to go to other countrys USA gets the biggest viewing plus all big fights were in USA at that time not the other countrys unless you count that other fighter he could of fought Dariusz Michalczewski and get robbed in Germany

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Joe has fought many times outside of his own country Wales. He's even fought in Denmark and Germany.

Nigel Benn fought in the USA a few times and also Italy- the only US champ that would fight him in the UK was Gerald McClellan and he got destroyed. That's why Roy Jones would never fight Benn.
    He hasn't done it many times once was a rematch with Veit after he destroyed him in 1 round oh yea thats a real threat

And the other one against Will McIntyre two bums basically well i will be fair to Veit and call him goodish but his chin was made of glass.

Jones didn't have to go to other countrys USA gets the biggest viewing plus all big fights were in USA at that time not the other countrys unless you count that other fighter he could of fought Dariusz Michalczewski and get robbed in Germany
    And the award for not reading the post he replied to goes to....

ICB!!!!

As WelshdevilRob was saying, he has fought a number of times outside of his own country, Wales. He's maybe only fought 18-20 times in Wales, and has been the away fighter a number of times in England.

ICB Guest

ICB!!!!

As WelshdevilRob was saying, he has fought a number of times outside of his own country, Wales. He's maybe only fought 18-20 times in Wales, and has been the away fighter a number of times in England.
    I read his post Super all of it i always do you should know better

I hardly call going to London or 100 miles away from Wales going away from home

I consider Wales and Scotland and England as one i don't really call it going away from home from Super.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ICB!!!!

I read his post Super all of it i always do you should know better

I hardly call going to London or 100 miles away from Wales going away from home

I consider Wales and Scotland and England as one i don't really call it going away from home from Super.
    Well, I think that people in Wales, Scotland, and to some extent England might disagree with you on that one. Once again, as I've done repeated times before, I'd say that Calzaghe's fighting against Robin Reid in Newcastle or Richie Woodhall in Sheffield is more like being the away fighter, than fighting in a neutral American venue like Vegas, where the polarisation of the fans to one side or the other is not as great as in those fights in Britain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Superheavy is taking this one easily, you're just in a fight with people that don't know to stay down on the mat.

When there has been much discussion on the aspect of the business side of boxing I think Joe put it best when he said (paraphrased) "Why go to the USA and fight in an average sized venue when I can fill a football stadium here."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He does make a point there we dont know how it is in england unless your form there and las Vegas is neutral

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slk123
    Looks like Superheavy is taking this one easily, you're just in a fight with people that don't know to stay down on the mat.

When there has been much discussion on the aspect of the business side of boxing I think Joe put it best when he said (paraphrased) "Why go to the USA and fight in an average sized venue when I can fill a football stadium here."
    I don't understand your first comment at all to be honest all i was saying is that going couple of hundred miles down the road on the same island is hardly going away from home as for Calzaghe fighting here ?? i have had no real complaints with that because there haven't been any good USA fighter's in Calzaghe's weight class in Calzaghe's reign his era has been weak its not his fault but i wish he would of moved up to Lightheavyweight when Jones was still king he always said that he was tight at the weight but he never did move up oh well atleast he is fighting the right opponent now and we can finally clear up who really is the best in SuperMiddleweight divison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your only the hometown favorite if you fight in your home town. Going 25 miles away in the US can be the difference in having the crowd start booing you. I don't live in the UK but from what I gather, they are much more polarized and fighting 100 miles away could get you killed if you won ( soccer hooligans).

Bhop spent most of his career at mw and not many people have posted a problem with him being on the p4p list, why then is Calzaghe catching such flak?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by slk123
    Your only the hometown favorite if you fight in your home town. Going 25 miles away in the US can be the difference in having the crowd start booing you. I don't live in the UK but from what I gather, they are much more polarized and fighting 100 miles away could get you killed if you won ( soccer hooligans).

Bhop spent most of his career at mw and not many people have posted a problem with him being on the p4p list, why then is Calzaghe catching such flak?
    Well, I suppose one of the best examples of this is when Joe went to fightMark Delaney for the British title (way back when). Joe says: "'Jump Around' was the song I had them play for my ring walk and I danced to it as people all around me screamed, 'You're going to get knocked out, you Welsh bastard', and other charming phrases to do with nationality. They were seething, you could see the hate on their faces. I just laughed and the atmosphere worked for me."

Thread Information