0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd in any good fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    The fact that Floyd Mayweather Jr.,
    does not even have a Fight Of The year should tell you plenty dayo.
    He does not even have a fight of the week.

He is also known as Pretty Boring Floyd

Gerald McClellan, Felix Trinidad, Julian Jackson, Terry Noris and Nigel Benn don't have a fight of the year either. I guess they were pretty boring too huh F@ckin' idiot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

does not even have a Fight Of The year
    should tell you plenty dayo.

If fights of the year are only composed of guys who run, which of these 3 guys that participated in your illustrious fights of the year are better than Mayweather?

Gatti? (assuming you've been watching boxing for that long, which you probably haven't) You were probably one of the people talking about Gatti's power, heart, etc. etc, and Floyd doesn't stand a chance, but I'm sure you remember the result. After the fight you turn around and criticize him for taking the fight cause Mayweather made it look so easy. Similar to what you did when Mayweather fought Delahoya.

Augustus/Burton? Another all time great If I remember correctly, Floyd got the TKO in that one, too.

Ward? Mayweather never fought him. Floyd was probably ducking him the same way he is now ducking Margarito and Cotto, right?

Of the 3 guys I mentioned, Gatti was by far the best, and Mayweather put on an absolute clinic against him.

See Danny, in order for it to be a fight of the year, it has to be an actual fight.

So much for your theory..................

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher

Gerald McClellan, Felix Trinidad, Julian Jackson, Terry Noris and Nigel Benn don't have a fight of the year either. I guess they were pretty boring too huh F@ckin' idiot
    All fighters whom many have no interest in, YOU PHUKING BIATCH!

NEXT!

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

If fights of the year are only composed of guys who run, which of these 3 guys that participated in your illustrious fights of the year are better than Mayweather?

Gatti? (assuming you've been watching boxing for that long, which you probably haven't) You were probably one of the people talking about Gatti's power, heart, etc. etc, and Floyd doesn't stand a chance, but I'm sure you remember the result. After the fight you turn around and criticize him for taking the fight cause Mayweather made it look so easy. Similar to what you did when Mayweather fought Delahoya.

Augustus/Burton? Another all time great If I remember correctly, Floyd got the TKO in that one, too.

Ward? Mayweather never fought him. Floyd was probably ducking him the same way he is now ducking Margarito and Cotto, right?

Of the 3 guys I mentioned, Gatti was by far the best, and Mayweather put on an absolute clinic against him.

See Danny, in order for it to be a fight of the year, it has to be an actual fight.

Sit the heck down.

Floyd sucks. I rather go to church than to watch Pretty Boring Floyd run.

I am tired of hearing how great you think he is.

Please see sigi below.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NEXT!

Danny those are 5 of the most exciting fighters in the last 30 years.

And where is Cotto's FOTY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sit the heck down.

Floyd sucks. I rather go to church than to watch Pretty Boring Floyd run.

I am tired of hearing how great you think he is.

Please see sigi below.

i so bad want that sig!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NEXT!

dude, who is this retard. danielleg, you're the only guy on this board who constantly gets OWNED by every one else in every argument. Please stop embarrassing yourself moron. Oh, and by the way, enjoy this nice sad click , mongloid!!!

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skyler

NEXT!

dude, who is this retard. danielleg, you're the only guy on this board who constantly gets OWNED by every one else in every argument. Please stop embarrassing yourself moron. Oh, and by the way, enjoy this nice sad click , mongloid!!!
    Next!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clean

Actually it's a testament to his skill that he doesn't have a fight of the year, considering fight of the year means war, meaning a bout that was evenly contested, and the elite fighters achieve FIGHTER of the year, which he received from RING MAGAZINE the year of his destruction of the late Diego Corrales, r.i.p.
    CC man.. that's exactly right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant believe you would hate on Floyd for fighting smart, the guy started boxing at 130 and was in plenty of exciting fights but as he got to 147 he realised he couldnt stand and trade with the bigger men. He adapted his style so he could get the victory against the bigger men and all he gets is a load of shit from guys like Danny G. People say he ducks such and such but if that was the case then why did he give a rematch to Castillo? To call a fighter who is 38 -0 (24 ko's) a boring fighter is just plain ignorant i'd like to see you step in the ring and see if you could do any better. Any boxer can brawl but very few can box with the skill that Floyd does and beat the guy in front of him so easily 24lbs up from his natural weight.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ACEA
    I cant believe you would hate on Floyd for fighting smart, the guy started boxing at 130 and was in plenty of exciting fights but as he got to 147 he realised he couldnt stand and trade with the bigger men. He adapted his style so he could get the victory against the bigger men and all he gets is a load of S*** from guys like Danny G. People say he ducks such and such but if that was the case then why did he give a rematch to Castillo? To call a fighter who is 38 -0 (24 ko's) a boring fighter is just plain ignorant i'd like to see you step in the ring and see if you could do any better. Any boxer can brawl but very few can box with the skill that Floyd does and beat the guy in front of him so easily 24lbs up from his natural weight.
    very good posting i echo those comments 100 percent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by slk123
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by dayo
    thanks for letting me know
    Can i just tell you something the people who say Mayweather runs haven't watched that many Mayweather fights.
    I've seen almost all of them, I respect your opinion but don't share it.

So you think that Mayweather was running in those fights??

Of course he doesn't run if he feels there is no longer a threat. It's the threat factor that makes him run until the other fighter is too tired to continue the chase. Then and only then does he pour it on. pbf is a yawnfest to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aside from baldomir and dlh when has floyd "ran"?

It does seems like his body has been producing some extra estrogen lately. If it keeps up he might even be able to bear children.

But the only running he used to do was when he was running his fist into someone's head. His resume is full of exciting fights.

However, I think he's going to man up against hatton. I dont think he will fear hatton's power and I think floyd will put on a brutal, dominating performance...hopefully this will be a great fight!

But if he puts on another performance like he did against oscar then f*ck him. Finesse is fine and good, but boxing is still a CONTACT sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by dayo
    Alot of people say how boring PBF is and that his fights are rubbish. Well are there any entertaining PBF fights? if so which ones would you recommend watching?
    Mayweather vs Jesus Chavez Chavez throws 90+ punches a round Mayweather stays close to him very entertaining

Mayweather vs Diego Corrales Excellent skill from Mayweather and entertaining

Mayweather vs Emanuel Augustus Slugfest great action

Mayweather vs Jose Luis Castillo 1

Mayweather vs Arturo Gatti One sided but great power punching from Mayweather i love watching this fight

Mayweather vs Demarcus Corley Mayweather wobbled for split second entertaining fight especially round 4

Mayweather vs Ndou Good inside work by both men round 5 was one the rounds of the year

i mean no disrespect but only one of these fights happend in the WW division. most of these fights happend in the lower weight classes.. thats even before pbf was noted p4p since rjj was the king back then. so why did he abandon his once great and exciting style to the one he is now?
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd is one of the best if not best ever Super Featherweight. At that weight and lightweight I thought he was very exciting to watch. Now that he's fighting larger guys he obviously has a different style that is very effective for him but not the most appeasing to watch. I think where I have the problem is Floyd before these fights just goes on and on about how he's going to "Whop that ass" and that kind of stuff.

Thread Information