Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shane Mosley vs Pernell Whitaker Prime For Prime At Lightweight Who Wins ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Shane Mosley vs Pernell Whitaker Prime For Prime At Lightweight Who Wins ??

Interesting one i haven't seen enough of Mosley sadly i really like him as a fighter but its hard to get hold of his fights but prime for prime who wins this ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane Mosley vs Pernell Whitaker Prime For Prime At Lightweight Who Wins ??

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Interesting one i haven't seen enough of Mosley sadly i really like him as a fighter but its hard to get hold of his fights but prime for prime who wins this ??
    Are you kiddin'? Pernell Whitaker would ice Shane Mosley.

Mosley got his butt whipped not once, but twice by a southpaw (Ronald "Winky" Wright).

...And Pernell Whitaker is the greatest southpaw fighter ever lived (atleast in my humble opinion).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane Mosley vs Pernell Whitaker Prime For Prime At Lightweight Who Wins ??

i have to admitt that i havn't seen as much shane as i would like to have at lightweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft

Mosley got his butt whipped not once, but twice by a southpaw (Ronald "Winky" Wright).

...And Pernell Whitaker is the greatest southpaw fighter ever lived (atleast in my humble opinion).

We're talking about lightweight and bringing up his jr. middleweight fight with Wright is completely irrelevant.

At lightweight, Mosley was unbelievable (one of the best of all time) but so was Whitaker (ditto)

Hard fight to call.

Pernell by SD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

We're talking about lightweight and bringing up his jr. middleweight fight with Wright is completely irrelevant.

At lightweight, Mosley was unbelievable (one of the best of all time) but so was Whitaker (ditto)

Hard fight to call.

Pernell by SD

Even worst. More butt whoopin' coming from Pernell @ lightweight.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley would be a handful for any LW who ever lived, and this is definatly a "pick em" type fight, but I think Pernell would outbox him and take the UD. Pernell was just a master, I firmly believe he'd find the right way to go about business against Mosley.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i honestly think at lightweight mosly wins this fight he was amazingly fast and strong for lightweight, winky was huge southpaw, mosely has trouble wit big guys

ICB Guest

Why would i be kidding ?? this is a great match up and don't bring up Forrest and Winky there not good comparsion at all Forrest is over 6 foot and Mosley was way above his natural weight vs Winky.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be a tremendous match up. Would Shane's speed and devastating power prevail or would Pernell put on a defensive clinic. Shane at lightweight was a MONSTER but Pernell was just so crafty. I am hard pressed to pick one over the other...but i would have to pick Whitaker by decision. Pernell would have to be at his absolute defensive best though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Pernell by decision.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd go for Mosley by decision in a close fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shane's strength at lightweight was unworldy and his punch output was there too...sweetpea couldn't be touched inside a phone booth....

but neither ever faced the likes of the other...hmmmm i'd go with shane's quickness and power...because he'd wear sweetpea down...shane by controversial MD
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO FWOKING IDEA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sure will tell you that the fight style wise would have ended in a very close Decision for either of the 2.

remembeer tha first fight with Shane and Oscar and the fight Oscar with Pernell
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sweetpea is just a bit to slippery , its a hard choice as i rate them both highly,
    if i had to pick a winner would be split points win for SWEETPEA.
    but Shane has a great chance
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information