Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Did Anyone Else Have Hopkins Winning The 2nd Taylor vs Hopkins Fight ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Did Anyone Else Have Hopkins Winning The 2nd Taylor vs Hopkins Fight ??

Funny enough people see the first fight more controversial than 2nd but i had Taylor winning first fight because i thought he pretty much controlled first 8 rounds and i had him winning 7 rounds to 5 but in rematch i had Hopkins winning by a point Hopkins won 12th round and i felt he come on strong after 7th round and won near enough most of the rounds after that i thought Hopkins was little bit more aggressive because he landed more punches in first 8 rounds than he did in first fight and made the rounds alot close did anyone else see it this way aswell ??

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Anyone Else Have Hopkins Winning The 2nd Taylor vs Hopkins Fight ??

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Funny enough people see the first fight more controversial than 2nd but i had Taylor winning first fight because i thought he pretty much controlled first 8 rounds and i had him winning 7 rounds to 5 but in rematch i had Hopkins winning by a point Hopkins won 12th round and i felt he come on strong after 7th round and won near enough most of the rounds after that i thought Hopkins was little bit more aggressive because he landed more punches in first 8 rounds than he did in first fight and made the rounds alot close did anyone else see it this way aswell ??
    Yeah I saw it your way Ice. I felt people were being a little bit rose-tinted after the first fight because they couldn't believe Hopkins lost. 2nd fight though, I felt Hopkins actually won it by a couple of rounds. They were close fights though, but we're learning that Taylor gets a few gifts off the judges from time to time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Anyone Else Have Hopkins Winning The 2nd Taylor vs Hopkins Fight ??

it's been a long time since i seen them, so i can't remeber the cores i had but IMO hopkins won them both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh hopkins without a doubt won one butt cc for saying taylor gets the decision all the time as he does. Wright and Spinks both made Taylor look like a girl an ye he got a win and a draw WTF...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    yeh hopkins without a doubt won one butt cc for saying taylor gets the decision all the time as he does. Wright and Spinks both made Taylor look like a girl an ye he got a win and a draw WTF...
    Well I felt Winky let Taylor boss him towards the end of that fight as Winky seemed to fade. Close one but at the time I had Taylor win that. I had Spinks over Taylor though, couldn't believe the decision when I heard it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ye bzkfm if wright would have won the last round then he would have had it easily however i still had him one point up and as for the spinks fight taylor did'nt show up how did a judge see it 117-111 Taylor that is a JOKE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

About damn time some people that agree with, B-hop won the second fight. The first one he lost. I don't understand why the first fight was so controversial, Taylor didn't do much the first 8 rounds but he still won them. Hopkins gave him a nice whoopin in the last 4 but he didn't knock him out or down so he didn't win the fight. I had him clearly winning the second one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to me hopkins won the first and lost the second

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins defo lost the first IMO, he lost at least 7 of the first 8 rounds, not badly but he still lost them. There were more debateable rounds in the first half of the seconf fight so I can see where Hopkins could have won, but I still scored it for Taylor, though I haven't seen it since that night.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Hopkins lost both fights.

I haven't seen them since the night they took place and would rather watch paint dry than watch them again.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Hopkins winning the first fight 7-5 and the second fight a draw so technically he still should be champion. However Hopkins has only himself to blame in both fights as he was very negative.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

ICB Guest

Yeah I saw it your way Ice. I felt people were being a little bit rose-tinted after the first fight because they couldn't believe Hopkins lost. 2nd fight though, I felt Hopkins actually won it by a couple of rounds. They were close fights though, but we're learning that Taylor gets a few gifts off the judges from time to time.
    [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by mayorook
    About damn time some people that agree with, B-hop won the second fight. The first one he lost. I don't understand why the first fight was so controversial, Taylor didn't do much the first 8 rounds but he still won them. Hopkins gave him a nice whoopin in the last 4 but he didn't knock him out or down so he didn't win the fight. I had him clearly winning the second one.
    aswell totally agree.

Thread Information