Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know it's early, but let's get the excuses out of the way ahead of time.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I know it's early, but let's get the excuses out of the way ahead of time.

The reason Floyd Mayweather Jr. made Ricky Hatton look so bad is because..............

Ricky is a natural 140 pounder, if the fight would have been at 140 instead of 147 Hatton would have knocked him out in less than 9 rounds.

During the Castillo fight, Hatton suffered (insert fake injury here) If Hatton had another couple months to recover he would knock Mayweather out in less than 9 rounds.

The dramatic weight change that Hatton experiences between fights has finally caught up to him. If the same Ricky that beat Tszyu would have fought Mayweather, he'd have knocked him out in less than 9 rounds.

That's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to add your own so we can get this squared away ahead of time.

I would also like a mod to sticky this for the next couple months, so it saves me (and other interested parties) the trouble of having to look it up in December.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I know it's early, but let's get the excuses out of the way ahead of time.

Surely what you mean is:

The reason Floyd Mayweather failed to beat Ricky Hatton is.....

His retirement had weakened his body and he couldn't hang with the body shots.

Floyd struggle to keep his ego in check had severely impacted his ability to take orders from a coach or trainer.

He had gastroenteritis in the weeks leading up to the fight.....

Feel free to add your own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I know it's early, but let's get the excuses out of the way ahead of time.

Hatton was jet lagged from the long flight over the Atlantic.

Hatton would have continued, the ref had no right to stop the fight even though he lost 13 pints of blood from the cuts on his face.

Hatton was not down for 10 seconds, I rewatched the tape 5 times and it was only 9 seconds.

So what if Mayweather landed 84% of his shots and Hatton only 14%, Hatton caught him with a good body shot in round 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler
    Hatton was jet lagged from the long flight over the Atlantic.

Hatton would have continued, the ref had no stop to fight it even though he lost 13 pints of blood from the cuts on his face.

Hatton was not down for 10 seconds, I rewatched the tape 5 times and it was only 9 seconds.

So what if Mayweather landed 84% of his shots and Hatton only 14%, Hatton caught him with a good body shot in round 2.

Good ones!

cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Surely what you mean is:

The reason Floyd Mayweather failed to beat Ricky Hatton is.....

His retirement had weakened his body and he couldn't hang with the body shots.

Floyd struggle to keep his ego in check had severely impacted his ability to take orders from a coach or trainer.

He had gastroenteritis in the weeks leading up to the fight.....

Feel free to add your own
    floyd was too busy making shitty music videos rather than training properly for the hatton fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton didn't fully train because he didn't want his father to take all the credit for his win (Roy)

Hatton had a guy massage his legs the night before and the loss of lactic acid caused him to get knocked out (Hearns)

Hatton's sister went to jail the night before the fight and he was distracted (Trinidad)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I hate to do this cause' I want Ricky to win, but I'm a realist so here goes.

"Floyd beat me brakes off mate 'cause I couldn't concentrate due to the fact I kept thinking Roger was going to jump in the ring"

"I couldn't win the fight only because I couldn't see Floyd due to the fact my eyes were closed"

"I know I could have won if I hadn't had to lose 71 pounds in 4 weeks"

"I really had a chance to win but my British fans were so loud I couldn't hear Floyd's punches hitting me, so I couldn't get my defense up"

To all the Hatton fans I'm sorry, it was just too funny not to join in. Can't wait to do this same type thread for Zab Judah before Margarito beats him silly.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sex before a fight is always a cardinal sin, and Ricky Hatton dumping loads of semen down Danny_G's throat cost him the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler
    Sex before a fight is always a cardinal sin, and Ricky Hatton dumping loads of semen down Danny_G's throat cost him the win.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not fair Floyd kept hitting and holding and the ref let him
    Floyd promise that he would stand and trade :Liar:

The ref shouldnt have stop the fight my eye was only just bigger than
    Vargas's

Floyd didn't hit me that hard Honest, the cut wasn't even that you could only see a bit of bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc's all around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK OK I have to admit everyone was funny on their responses.....

To be fair I am going to include excuses for both guys.....

Hatton----

I kept laughing everytime they sang Hatton Wonderland because I imagined them singing Fatton Wonderland

Floyd Threatened to make a hip hop version of Blue Moon.....

After the second round I realized I was hugging a man named Pretty Boy and it threw off my gameplan....

He wore my sombrero to the ring...So I found it hard to adjust....

Floyd---

I was overly excited about philthy Rich releasing Blue Moon

Uncle Roger's parole officer kept interrupting training camp...I wasn't prepared....

I realized during the ring entrance I might end up looking like my father...

He is in his prime......

I don't know I suck at these things......SC away

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"No fair! Mayweather was only 30 and in his prime. If he was 35 and past his prime it would of been a different story"

"The fight took place in December. Hatton was distracted about what to get Calzaghe for Christmas. If the fight would of took place any other month Hatton would of knocked him out."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Hatton----

I kept laughing everytime they sang Hatton Wonderland because I imagined them singing Fatton Wonderland

After the second round I realized I was hugging a man named Pretty Boy and it threw off my gameplan....

Floyd---

Uncle Roger's parole officer kept interrupting training camp...I wasn't prepared....

He is in his prime......

Had a good laugh, you started with such confidence and ended with "I suck at these things....." No need for SC I'll CC instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by slk123
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Hatton----

Floyd---

He is in his prime......

Had a good laugh, you started with such confidence and ended with "I suck at these things....." No need for SC I'll CC instead.
    LOL I figured I would say it before someone else did.....CC back at ya..
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information