Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Judah at 140... How would he do now?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Judah at 140... How would he do now?

http://www.boxrec.com/ratings.php?se...20Welterweight

Above is the who's who list at 140.

Now im not exactly an expert on Judah but something tells me that 147 was never quite right for him. He only went up cause Tzsyu was still at 140 and still perceived at dangerous.

My questions are could Zab still make 140 and if so, do you think he'd have the ability to reign with any kind of dominance.

I ask this cause at 147 Juda is pretty much regarded as 'the guy you beat to know your can compete'. Everyone just seems too big or too good for Juda these days. He may be wise to admit defeat and drop down a division.

Waddya guys think?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Judah at 140... How would he do now?

Well judah looked very lean at welter so i think he may have more difficulty making weight than he would have competing at 140.
    Regardless of his repuatation, public persona and attitude generally, he is an extremely gifted fighter and offensively better than anyone at 140 (bar the Hitman.)
    I believe that a drop to 140 would not only be extremely beneficial in terms of title shots due to the lack of depth in what was once the pacific ocean of boxing but it would also be extremely financially profitable, with marketable fighters such as Demetrius hopkins, paulie malinaggi, junior witter, n'dou and maybe even castillo looking for a big name to catapult them into the upper echelons of the boxing world.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Judah will always be competitive at 140.

Some good matches for him would be
    Malignaggi,
    Witter,
    Hatton,
    Harris,
    Holt,
    Ngoudjo

Um is there anyone else worth mentioning at 140? I don't think so............
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie

Now im not exactly an expert on Judah but something tells me that 147 was never quite right for him. He only went up cause Tzsyu was still at 140 and still perceived at dangerous.

My questions are could Zab still make 140 and if so, do you think he'd have the ability to reign with any kind of dominance.

I ask this cause at 147 Juda is pretty much regarded as 'the guy you beat to know your can compete'. Everyone just seems too big or too good for Juda these days. He may be wise to admit defeat and drop down a division.

Waddya guys think?

Judah tried to get a rematch with Kosta Tszyu, but Kosta didn't want it. Judah then went up to 147 and shortly thereafter, he unified the welterweight division and was linear welterweight champion.

As far as 140.................

Judah would absolutely dominate that division, but the problem with that is that there isn't that many big name opponents at 140 outside of Hatton (Hatton would only fight in England at the time and Judah wasn't going there) so there isn't too much money to be made (that's why Judah moved up in the 1st place)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As hatton goes up to fight mayweather, a good strategy would be for zab to drop steal the division with two-three of the bigger names then get hatton to come back down n challenge him as such.

For the record id actually favour zab to beat if not ko all the names i listed. But i do feel Ricky would make even quicker work of zab rthan cotto.
    Zab is a great boxer but he's just not a warrior. Hatton is a warrior for the ages.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

judah came in on fight night at 145 to the cotto fight, so making 140 would be piss for him... no probelm at all..

i said before judah should be gunning for witter, i know i should say the winner of witter v harris but harris is going to be found out once and for all come that night and will vanish...

witter will want to avange his only loss, to fight a guy many deam to be on the slide and turning into a bit of a gate keeper to get ot he big stage....

Witter could drop down to his best weight, beat the wbc champ and one of the ebst ranked super lightweights in the world, it would open up for matches with malinagi and whomever else at that weight... i got no doubt if judah drops down to super lightweight again he can unify it or most if it in a matter of no time...

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

Waddya guys think?

Judah tried to get a rematch with Kosta Tszyu, but Kosta didn't want it. Judah then went up to 147 and shortly thereafter, he unified the welterweight division and was linear welterweight champion.

Judah would absolutely dominate that division, but the problem with that is that there isn't that many big name opponents at 140 outside of Hatton (Hatton would only fight in England at the time and Judah wasn't going there) so there isn't too much money to be made (that's why Judah moved up in the 1st place)
    Firstly because there was no need for a rematch secondly i remember Judah saying if he won there wouldn't be a rematch ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Waddya guys think?

Firstly because there was no need for a rematch secondly i remember Judah saying if he won there wouldn't be a rematch ??
    no need for one? whatever judah got caught, this is boxing people get caught shit happens, rematch proves that it wasnt a fluke hit, that and the fact that stoppage was bullshit and premature, another jay nady moment in boxing.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

Waddya guys think?

no need for one? whatever judah got caught, this is boxing people get caught S*** happens, rematch proves that it wasnt a fluke hit, that and the fact that stoppage was bullshit and premature, another jay nady moment in boxing.
    What ?? Tszyu was on his way to winning 2nd round he hit Judah once with a right hand then hit him again its not a fluke hit and it wasn't premature stoppage either i remember Judah opening his big mouth saying if he won there wouldn't be a rematch but because Tszyu won he wanted one sounds like a hypocrite to me i can't believe you think its a fluke hit Tszyu timed him end of that wasn't a fluke hit he hit him twice Judah won one round and was on his way to losing 2nd round and thats a fluke hit because Judah had one good round ?? people crack me up sometimes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Waddya guys think?

no need for one? whatever judah got caught, this is boxing people get caught S*** happens, rematch proves that it wasnt a fluke hit, that and the fact that stoppage was bullshit and premature, another jay nady moment in boxing.
    What ?? Tszyu was on his way to winning 2nd round he hit Judah once with a right hand then hit him again its not a fluke punch and it wasn't premature stoppage either i remember Judah opening his big mouth saying if he won there wouldn't be a rematch but because Tszyu won he wanted one sounds like a hypocrite to me i can't believe you think its a fluke hit Tszyu timed him end of that wasn't a fluke hit he hit him twice Judah won one round and was on his way to losing 2nd round and thats a fluke hit because Judah had one good round ?? people crack me up sometime.
    I love the way people listen to boxers when it stuis them to hold somethign against the... it wasn't a fluke the punch landed it was a good punch, but this is boxing a sport where evrythign can change with one panuch, but more often than not that match changing punch doesn't land... we have seen good fighters get stopped early, and shockinly before and come back and won rematches or gone on to do great things...

And that stoppage was as premature as they come

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Putting aside all the what if....when it comes to making weight.....

I will say this about Zab....Same thing I always say.....

If he can hold it together mentaly he has the ability to beat anyone.....140 might be a good spot for him assuming he can make weight...It might be a mental boost!!!!.....He may feel stronger and that is a big help....Mind is as important as the body
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

ICB Guest

Waddya guys think?

What ?? Tszyu was on his way to winning 2nd round he hit Judah once with a right hand then hit him again its not a fluke punch and it wasn't premature stoppage either i remember Judah opening his big mouth saying if he won there wouldn't be a rematch but because Tszyu won he wanted one sounds like a hypocrite to me i can't believe you think its a fluke hit Tszyu timed him end of that wasn't a fluke hit he hit him twice Judah won one round and was on his way to losing 2nd round and thats a fluke hit because Judah had one good round ?? people crack me up sometime.
    I love the way people listen to boxers when it stuis them to hold somethign against the... it wasn't a fluke the punch landed it was a good punch, but this is boxing a sport where evrythign can change with one panuch, but more often than not that match changing punch doesn't land... we have seen good fighters get stopped early, and shockinly before and come back and won rematches or gone on to do great things...

And that stoppage was as premature as they come
    I love the way people listen to boxers when it stuis them to hold somethign against

No im not doing that at all but he come out with that and he seemed pretty sure of himself he shouldn't of opened his big mouth then nor should he have done stupid taunting and he might of done a little better and ref had no choice Judah was stumbling and Judah done silly dance without hindsight if you see a guy that couldn't stand up and done a stupid dance im pretty sure you would stop it aswell.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah is one hell of a fighter, fast, good power, all that. UNLESS, and its a big 'unless' you hit him back and make him fight. I don't think he has the heart to be a fighter. He can beat up overmatched guys all day, but he hasn't got it in him to fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Grey, spot on analysis there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold
    Judah is one hell of a fighter, fast, good power, all that. UNLESS, and its a big 'unless' you hit him back and make him fight. I don't think he has the heart to be a fighter. He can beat up overmatched guys all day, but he hasn't got it in him to fight.
    I thought he showed real fighting spirit against Cotto
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information