Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donaire thinks he's better than the other champs in the divison,agree??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Donaire thinks he's better than the other champs in the divison,agree??

He said the others are too slow for him and none of them want to unify. The other champions are:

Daisuke Naito

Takefumi Sakata

Omar Narvaez

I think Sakata would give him a dam tough match up,I have not seen enough of Naito or Narvaez to comment on thei chances but Sakata is one tough tough rugged customer.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire thinks he's better than the other champs in the divison,agree??

It could be true but donaire himself hasn't proven much. His win over Darchinyan could have been a lucky punch only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire thinks he's better than the other champs in the divison,agree??

Donaire has great amature backgrounds. He's doing well as a pro-boxer and I think he's faster, stronger, and smarter than those other champs.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In honesty all of the other champs are better than Darchynian IMO.

I would love to see him try to unify. I'd give him a 50/50 chance against Naito and Narvaez.

Sakata would be the favorite if they ever fought.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny in boxing how one win can take you from an decent boxer to all time great overnight before this fight when talking about the top guys in this division he name wouldn't have probably even been mentioned....
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    It's funny in boxing how one win can take you from an decent boxer to all time great overnight before this fight when talking about the top guys in this division he name wouldn't have probably even been mentioned....
    You're probably right, but that's because he was in a different division before.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

I would love to see him try to unify. I'd give him a 50/50 chance against Naito and Narvaez.

CC,good post.Totally agree. I'd take Sakata over him and I favour all those guys over Vic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nonito has a chance but I think his still improving so he should allow himself to fully improve first.

brucelee. that was no lucky punch nonito was owning vic for the whole fight,then he ended him with a great time hook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    nonito has a chance but I think his still improving so he should allow himself to fully improve first.

brucelee. that was no lucky punch nonito was owning vic for the whole fight,then he ended him with a great time hook.
    Oh yeah, Vic kept walking in into Nonito's counter left hand all night.

That was not a lucky punch that nailed Vic in 5th round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

I'm with both of you guys Sakata would be the favorite, but Naito and Narvaez are a pick 'em. With this said I would still like to thank Nonito once again for knocking Vic the f*** out!

CC,good post.Totally agree. I'd take Sakata over him and I favour all those guys over Vic.
    I know everything about nothing!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft

I was just having that thought that it could have been a lucky punch only. As to the unification by Donaire, that would be exciting. I just want him to be really prepared and not underestimate the other champs in other boxing organizations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft

I was just having that thought that it could have been a lucky punch only. As to the unification by Donaire, that would be exciting. I just want him to be really prepared and not underestimate the other champs in other boxing organizations.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He may be!
    But I would also favor Sakata to win, Narvaez as well.
    I would take Donaire over Naito though.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doniare is a top talent....The win over Vic was no fluke or one lucky shot.......he doesn't have that many bouts as the others but his talent is there...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed. Let me get serious here a bit. As many sez, style makes the fight, and Donaire showed that indeed to be the truth. Many of the highly regarded fighters today are actually nothing more than power-drunk brutes - show them some nice moves and style and their exposed for what they are. These include, of course Darchinian, Ponce de Leon (look what Penalosa did to him), and also Katsidis, to name some of the prominent ones today. Some are tempted to include Pac in this category but he has something what most other power brutes don't have: he's also got the heart, the chin and most importantly the speed - he destroys his opponents with his speed and power.

Donaire has shown utmost maturity and poise in his fight against Darch. He patiently engaged Darch in a superb counter-punching fight, baiting him to shoot and countering with a well setup hook, which stunned Darch over and over until he took the right one at the right moment, which means it wasn't a fluke but a well prepared and executed plan. Don has shown in that fight that he has the style, the power, the chin and the heart of a true great champion, although I think he's still got to be tested more for his chin and heart, but I must haste to add that he didn't show any respect for his highly regarded, nay feared, opponent in that fight.

So to me, among the new breeds of young fighters today, Don is definitely the one to watch, as he has shown to have all the traits of a good boxers, most important of which is The style... ...CC for El Gamo for the nice thread.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Thread Information