Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fight Night 4 - A Fan's Dream -

CAREER MODE
    (My vision of a career mode that i believe people would actually WANT to play).

-You start off as an amateur of course... With a ranking sheet.
    (At that time you are either in a crappy appartment (Rocky 1 style) or on the streets.

-Once you become amateur champ , you can either turn pro right away or compete in the olympics and shoot for gold... Then , enter the professional ranks.

-Once pro , you build your career , form rivalries (Good ones) no more fighting a (8-3) Roy Jones jr..
    (When you have enough money , you can rent a decent place to live.)

-You have access (in your appartment) to a laptop and you can go online to check the ranks.
    (Current ranks and Pound 4 Pound list)

-When you start having mild success , you start fighting on the undercards of payperviews , and spectating boxers are scanning you from the crowd.

-Then you start getting called out by better and better boxers , people are starting to notice you.
    -The fights pay more , you can now get a decent trainer , buy a small house and build a gym in it where you will start buying your own equipment.

-When you become ppv main event material , you get interviewed by Larry Merchant at the end of your fights where , depending on what you answer , fans will label you as a good or bad guy , class/no class , he'll also ask you who you would like to fight next and so on...

- You are now the #1 contender , (If you have captured olympic gold earlier , then this comes faster)
    - You get to fight the champ... If he's not ducking you ...
    - You are part of the press conference , pictures are taken.. There is a huge hype.
    - When you beat the champ , people want your title! , you defend it well , you are popular , you buy a massive house , people cant beat you wether they like you or not , you're untouchable.

- You now have the opportunity to go up againt the pound for pound champ , you will need to gain/lose weight to meet him , the hype is bigger than ever!
    - Once you beat him , there is a huge frenzy , everyone wants to make weight and get your attention .. Of course , you pick who you wanna fight , they just can't beat you , legends come out of retirement just to fight you...

- It's time to retire , but the game is far from over , you can now form your own promotion company and compete with other promotion giants , you can also start a new career as your own son , with your "dad" as your trainer/promoter , you start off as living in his mansion and ultimately try to surpass him.

ONE LAST THING PLEASE
    please , once you complete all this , you can unlock somekind of "Mayweather" difficulty where its like 5 times harder than hard so we can actually have a challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight Night 4 - A Fan's Dream -

lol to the to Mayweather difficulty setting i hate how EA have said that the computer learns how you fight when it clearly dosnt if you just punch were they dont parry they wont hit you back...

the career sounds pretty good being p4p champ and stuff lets hope EA read what we have asked for and give us a quality game with a quality Career mode
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More fighters, gimme Mayweather, gimme Kelly Pavlik, gimme Tommy Hearns, Mike Tyson.

Insert the Ring Belt-good publicity for real title.

HBO Commentrary: would it not be the best game ever, an improved FN along with the best commentary.

More real refereeing. Wheres the ref? Better stoppages a bit of controversy please? Real Muh-Funkin trainers, sick of freddy look alike and buddy's dad gimme manny, Angie Dundee n Bill Graham.

Not just everlast, more selection grant, cleto reyes, lonsdale, they could rake in money from sponsors as well as allowing us to completely customise our fighters.

Actual Ring Entrances. I wanna hear Blue moon echoing through my house as Ricky Comes in wearing the blue jacket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to also see some intermediate titles available on the way to the world championship, kinda of like where you have to beat opponents in certain particular to get in their top 10 rankings before working your way up to fight for that particular title.. Obviously you'd get no official licensing for real ones but some made up regional titles would be good. I much preferred the freedom of FN Rd2's career mode to rd3 and that's something I hope they return to for the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wish the people that make the game are actual boxing fans too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All sounds good but has anyone even heard of any plans to make a fight night round 4? I heard ages ago that HBO had bought all the rights off EA but i dont know how true this is!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah there have been talks of fnr4 but heard nothin off hbo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon Spring '08 might be the time
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard they were developing a motion controller similar to the Wii for the next installment.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefields
    CAREER MODE
    (My vision of a career mode that i believe people would actually WANT to play).

-You start off as an amateur of course... With a ranking sheet.
    (At that time you are either in a crappy appartment (Rocky 1 style) or on the streets.

-Once you become amateur champ , you can either turn pro right away or compete in the olympics and shoot for gold... Then , enter the professional ranks.

-Once pro , you build your career , form rivalries (Good ones) no more fighting a (8-3) Roy Jones jr..
    (When you have enough money , you can rent a decent place to live.)

-You have access (in your appartment) to a laptop and you can go online to check the ranks.
    (Current ranks and Pound 4 Pound list)

-When you start having mild success , you start fighting on the undercards of payperviews , and spectating boxers are scanning you from the crowd.

-Then you start getting called out by better and better boxers , people are starting to notice you.
    -The fights pay more , you can now get a decent trainer , buy a small house and build a gym in it where you will start buying your own equipment.

-When you become ppv main event material , you get interviewed by Larry Merchant at the end of your fights where , depending on what you answer , fans will label you as a good or bad guy , class/no class , he'll also ask you who you would like to fight next and so on...

- You are now the #1 contender , (If you have captured olympic gold earlier , then this comes faster)
    - You get to fight the champ... If he's not ducking you ...
    - You are part of the press conference , pictures are taken.. There is a huge hype.
    - When you beat the champ , people want your title! , you defend it well , you are popular , you buy a massive house , people cant beat you wether they like you or not , you're untouchable.

- You now have the opportunity to go up againt the pound for pound champ , you will need to gain/lose weight to meet him , the hype is bigger than ever!
    - Once you beat him , there is a huge frenzy , everyone wants to make weight and get your attention .. Of course , you pick who you wanna fight , they just can't beat you , legends come out of retirement just to fight you...

- It's time to retire , but the game is far from over , you can now form your own promotion company and compete with other promotion giants , you can also start a new career as your own son , with your "dad" as your trainer/promoter , you start off as living in his mansion and ultimately try to surpass him.

ONE LAST THING PLEASE
    please , once you complete all this , you can unlock somekind of "Mayweather" difficulty where its like 5 times harder than hard so we can actually have a challenge.
    There are some good ideas in there, it almost sounds more like a boxing RPG rather than just a straigh up sports game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly for me FN Round 2 was the best boxing game ever...

But for FN Round 4 firstly i would like to have good control then of course more boxers at least 2 champions of today from each division...

Like Heavyweight : Wladimir IBF - Maskaev WBC

Midleweight : Abraham IBF - Sturm WBA

There should be better ring intros too like i liked the ones from Knockout Kings 2001 in PS1 when they show each boxers records and all was so realistic but in later EA boxing games they cut the intro scenes and made them more simple...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    More fighters, gimme Mayweather, gimme Kelly Pavlik, gimme Tommy Hearns, Mike Tyson.

HBO Commentrary: would it not be the best game ever, an improved FN along with the best commentary.

More real refereeing. Wheres the ref? Better stoppages a bit of controversy please? Real Muh-Funkin trainers, sick of freddy look alike and buddy's dad gimme manny, Angie Dundee n Bill Graham.

Not just everlast, more selection grant, cleto reyes, lonsdale, they could rake in money from sponsors as well as allowing us to completely customise our fighters.

Actual Ring Entrances. I wanna hear Blue moon echoing through my house as Ricky Comes in wearing the blue jacket.
    In Knockout Kings 2001 was 2 real refs... Mils Lane and Richard Steele... Of course it should be 2 in the new Fight Night real refs makes better atmosphere...

Would like to have Joe Cortez and Jay Nady...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Night
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny

In Knockout Kings 2001 was 2 real refs... Mils Lane and Richard Steele... Of course it should be 2 in the new Fight Night real refs makes better atmosphere...

Would like to have Joe Cortez and Jay Nady...
    I was actually alluding to the fact that there is no ref present in the riing at all in the fight night games....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the Reyes gloves, the announcers and the refs would be great but that is only increasing the cost of what it'll take to get this game made. You have to pay all these people for their participation. I would much rather them spend the dough on actual game development and maybe let some of that stuff fall by the wayside (although it would be nice to have). As for extras, I would like them to go out and collect as many of these fighters as possible to put in the game, skip the trainers and refs.
    Oops

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another Idea,

Fight night, should have an option to develop a fighter in your online career.
    But the areas of development should be much braoder...
    Aside from Unlocking Base Styles, Puch Styles, Signature Punches etc, they should actually be ugradable and even have the capaticty to be refined to better suit yor own unique prefferences.

At least then, every fighter would be different.

Also, they need Downlaodable content. You know, Paulie Malagnaggi's latest hair style or Loui Collazo new Tattoo
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information