Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All the Brits will understand why this still makes the hairs on my neck stand up

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All the Brits will understand why this still makes the hairs on my neck stand up

I am not going to reply to the Herol Graham comment, but I just have. I have heard he did drop Graham during sparring but got battered by him and he never ever wanted to fight him. Also Eubanks lost the second fight to Benn.

I also read Eubanks autobiography and it is mainly waffle but one of the most interesting bits of it was at his dads funeral in Jamaica, he only found out that his dad use to beat his mother. Rather than leave it, he goes to the front and says what a terrible man his dad was for that and nearly got killed and was chased out of the country for saying that. Just showed me he is a man of conviction, even if it is wrong.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All the Brits will understand why this still makes the hairs on my neck stand up

When Eubank was asked about defending against Bomber after Malinga he said "Only in a ring 10ft by 10ft, because only then I'd be nearly guaranteed to win."

It's also interesting that after his demolition of Denys Cronin, he says "Michael Watson, (and) Nigel Benn - you are not capable of beating me. My skills are far superior to yours. Herol Graham is the only fighter in this country who can touch me. I would say that I am the only fighter in Europe who can probably beat this man (Bomber) - I know how! I have to know how.."

It's well-known in circles that Eubank was the first person to ever put Bomber down, and how you could hear a pin drop in Wincobank when everyones long-time hero/superman was down, but then he got up and stood Chris on his head apparently and everyone cheered with each tap landed, before Chris storming out in a huff!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Graham was a good chin short of being a very good long term world champion and an all time British great
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Except Benn 1 and 2nd Watson fight i never did quite get into Eubanks fights and i didn't like how many gift decisions he got aswell i just could never get into Eubank fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Graham had a decent chin, Julian Jackson could knock out heavyweights, it was his legs that gave way at the end of his career. Eubaks got my respect back after his defeats against Thompson and Galzaghe. His heart and chin were immense even if his boxing skills was good but over eggaerated and pompous.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHO REMEMBERS THIS?

[youtube=425,350]fKNIZ_ibSqI[/youtube]
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    WHO REMEMBERS THIS?

[youtube=425,350]fKNIZ_ibSqI[/youtube]
    I do

Toney owned both of them verbally and would of owned them in the ring aswell

Thread Information