Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or was Bisping Given a gift last night?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is it me or was Bisping Given a gift last night?

I don't know maybe I am not scoring MMA bouts right....I give points for control and agression.....IMO Hamill beat Bispimg in the stand up and owned him on the ground yet get the decision WTF am I wrong here or am I really scoring these fights wrong?
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it me or was Bisping Given a gift last night?

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I don't know maybe I am not scoring MMA bouts right....I give points for control and agression.....IMO Hamill beat Bispimg in the stand up and owned him on the ground yet get the decision WTF am I wrong here or am I really scoring these fights wrong?
    Well personally i had Hammil winning 2-1 but i dont think it was the worst decision ever, i gave Hammil the first and Bisping the third the second was close but overall imo Hammil did enough, im sure they will be a rematch but fir me Bisping is not a 205 lb fighter he was connecting with big shots on Hammils chin and having no effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also you have to take into account how big and popular Bisping is in England and how much revenue the Ufc are bringing in from the U.K off his back, that might also have something to do with the decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a classic hometown decision. Hamil won the first 2 rounds. Bisping was impressive in the 3rd but definitely didn't win either of the first 2.

Was a pretty good fight though.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Well personally i had Hammil winning 2-1 but i dont think it was the worst decision ever, i gave Hammil the first and Bisping the third the second was close but overall imo Hammil did enough, im sure they will be a rematch but fir me Bisping is not a 205 lb fighter he was connecting with big shots on Hammils chin and having no effect.

That is basically how I scord it...So at least I know I scord it correctly...CC's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the only one, man. I thought bisping got beat around like a ragdoll last night. Honestly, I was shocked at how one sided that fight was. I thought Bisping was going to win the stand up war hands down. I had no doubt in my mind that Hamill was going to take the decision. It was saddening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Entragian
    You're not the only one, man. I thought bisping got beat around like a ragdoll last night. Honestly, I was shocked at how one sided that fight was. I thought Bisping was going to win the stand up war hands down. I had no doubt in my mind that Hamill was going to take the decision. It was saddening.
    Truth is I figured Bisping was going to walk through him....I was really suprised at Hamill's improved stand up and then the ground and pound

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it was a robbery

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell yes he was given a gift decision. Hammill clearly won the fight, possibly losin the last round, but not on my scorecard, like that one judge, I had it 3-0 for Hammill. Bisping ran like a bitch, and really doesn't even know how to run properly, or box. He's an ass for acting the way he did after the fight too, he knows he lost.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know funk all about MMA but didn't think it was an out-and-out sick robbery. Hamill tired to the point of hardly doing anything. I had money on Bisping but thought he lost. Result.

As for him running, Hamill looked much bigger than him. Constantly moving seemed a sensible ploy to me.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was horrible.

There was no way bisping won that fight. I felt like turning the channel when it was announced, But hats off to hamil for taking it like a champ and giving the credit that wasnt really deserved.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its just up to the second round.

Hamill easily won the first obviously.

Bisping pretty clearly won the third although not as dominant as Hamill was in the first. Still I'm not sure how Hamill could have gotten the third round.

I thought Hamill won the second although I guess you could make a case that Bisping won it. So I thought Hamill won but its just down to the second round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hamill definately should have won. I could even see him winning every round, tough the last round was close. At worst Hamill should have won 2 rounds to 1.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is what i wrote on another thread

The Hamill Bisping fight was close. I think everyone agrees hamill won the first round and that is beyond dispute. he landed some shots in the first and did the damage to Bisping in the first. In the second yes Hamill was the one coming forward but he landed nothing. Just coming forward is not enough, you have to do something and Hamill landed nothing. bisping threw more punches and landed more than Hamill. Yes Matt got a takedown, but he did nothing with it!!! When on the ground bipsing was busier from the bottom looking for a sub that Hamill was on top just laying on top of Mike. Mike won the 2nd round.

The 3rd. Again Hamill landed nothing whereas Mike landed shots, moved better and threw more. All hamill did was come forward and miss. He got a couple of takedowns that Mike did well to stand up from but again he did NOTHING whilst on the gound. Mike was looking for an arm, trying to work the rubber guard etc.

It was a close fight and i know i am in the minority but watch the fight again and see how much Matt misses in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He had nothing to offer. If the fight would have gone another two round Mike would have been a clear winner.

As i said it was a close fight but i think Bisping edged it. Everyone is just swayed by the fact Matt was the one coming forward the whole time, totally ignoring the fact he landed nothing whilst coming forward.

Ho hum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munky
    Here is what i wrote on another thread

The Hamill Bisping fight was close. I think everyone agrees hamill won the first round and that is beyond dispute. he landed some shots in the first and did the damage to Bisping in the first. In the second yes Hamill was the one coming forward but he landed nothing. Just coming forward is not enough, you have to do something and Hamill landed nothing. bisping threw more punches and landed more than Hamill. Yes Matt got a takedown, but he did nothing with it!!! When on the ground bipsing was busier from the bottom looking for a sub that Hamill was on top just laying on top of Mike. Mike won the 2nd round.

The 3rd. Again Hamill landed nothing whereas Mike landed shots, moved better and threw more. All hamill did was come forward and miss. He got a couple of takedowns that Mike did well to stand up from but again he did NOTHING whilst on the gound. Mike was looking for an arm, trying to work the rubber guard etc.

It was a close fight and i know i am in the minority but watch the fight again and see how much Matt misses in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He had nothing to offer. If the fight would have gone another two round Mike would have been a clear winner.

As i said it was a close fight but i think Bisping edged it. Everyone is just swayed by the fact Matt was the one coming forward the whole time, totally ignoring the fact he landed nothing whilst coming forward.

Ho hum
    You say he landed nothing? But look at both guys faces after the fight? Bisping looked like he had just been jumped by 15 hoodies down a back alley, while Hammil looked like hed just done a light weights session down the gym.

Thread Information