Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vitali v MCcline off!!!

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article13433.html

VITALI KLITSCHKO-JAMEEL MCCLINE OFF
    By Scott Shaffer

Mike Borao, the attorney for heavyweight contender Jameel McCline, confirmed to Boxingtalk that Vitali Klitschko, citing a back injury, has called off his comeback bout. Klitschko, a former WBC titlist, was slated to face McCline on September 22, 2007 in Munich, Germany but Klitschko's promoter, K2, informed Borao that the fight is now off. Borao had no further comment on the matter. The second half of 2007 was supposed to be a run of great of fights for boxing fans but Klitschko-McCline is the third major fight that has been scratched off the boxing schedule this month, following in the wake of Fernando Vargas-Ricardo Mayorga and Juan Manuel Marquez-Rocky Juarez.

Could this be the end again for Vitali?

ICB Guest

Default Re: Vitali v MCcline off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article13433.html

VITALI KLITSCHKO-JAMEEL MCCLINE OFF
    By Scott Shaffer

Mike Borao, the attorney for heavyweight contender Jameel McCline, confirmed to Boxingtalk that Vitali Klitschko, citing a back injury, has called off his comeback bout. Klitschko, a former WBC titlist, was slated to face McCline on September 22, 2007 in Munich, Germany but Klitschko's promoter, K2, informed Borao that the fight is now off. Borao had no further comment on the matter. The second half of 2007 was supposed to be a run of great of fights for boxing fans but Klitschko-McCline is the third major fight that has been scratched off the boxing schedule this month, following in the wake of Fernando Vargas-Ricardo Mayorga and Juan Manuel Marquez-Rocky Juarez.

Could this be the end again for Vitali?
    Vitali pulled out again ?? disappointing thats 2 fights he has pulled out of now he should just retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In some ways, this might be a blessing in disguise, because I was worried about Vitali getting in the way of Wlad's attempt to unify.

However, I was still looking forward to watching this fight, and it sucks to have to wait all the way until the 29th for Taylor-Pavlik.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ooh what a suprise. Vitali has an injury, not like him to pull out of a fight so it must be serious

This guy makes Audley Harrison look lion hearted

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright! Thats it! Vitali needs to take his tall lanky ass either back here to L.A. or back to the Ukraine.
    I think this is the appropiate time to post this picture.

Let's make fun of the Klitschko Bros.

*For the record Wlads hair was photoshopped to make him look like Eddie Munster.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Alright! Thats it! Vitali needs to take his tall lanky a** either back here to L.A. or back to the Ukraine.

It is very disappointing like when he quit against Byrd when he was a mile ahead on the scorecards and now pulling out of 2 fights makes me question his heart but when the Klit fans read this they will tear into me and you im sure

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Alright! Thats it! Vitali needs to take his tall lanky a** either back here to L.A. or back to the Ukraine.

It is very disappointing like when he quit against Byrd when he was a mile ahead on the scorecards and now pulling out of 2 fights makes me question his heart but when the Klit fans read this that will tear into me and you im sure
    I am a Klitschkos Fan, I followed/follow both Klitschkos I think Wlads the best Heavy. since Lewis.
    I don't think anyone can beat Wlad right now and the only one fighter who I think would push him close to the edge is Evander.
    I was just telling it like it is with Vitali, plus I had that picture of them and I wanted to post it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't be so hard on Vitali, it's commonplace in all sports for injury to be the cause of retirement or inability to play. Boxing is no different and considering the physicality and the degree to which the fighters train, it's a miracle we don't get more injuries or postponements. Ok, thats 3 cards for 3 weekends that have been wiped out in a row but I can't remember a hat trick like that in my years of boxing.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    I wouldn't be so hard on Vitali, it's commonplace in all sports for injury to be the cause of retirement or inability to play. Boxing is no different and considering the physicality and the degree to which the fighters train, it's a miracle we don't get more injuries or postponements. Ok, thats 3 cards for 3 weekends that have been wiped out in a row but I can't remember a hat trick like that in my years of boxing.
    Well there is room for criticism Dan alot of people will be questioning his heart and im one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally dont feel bad for Vitali at all. I feel bad for his opponents who train their @sses off to fight. Hes obviously injury proned and thats why he retired. He should have stayed retired for that reason cause he knew damn well that he gets hurt easily.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry to see that Vitali is out again. I'm a huge Klitschko fan but maybe it is time for him to retire.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are surprised by this then you were probably surprised by Tyson's arrest in Arizona too. This is 5 in a row now. Imagine if he had got the fight with Maskaev instead of Peter, what a mess that would be.

It just makes me even madder about the situation that people actually wanted this guy to step in in front of Peter. What a complete joke, I can't believe the audacity of him and his camp to have thought they have the right to waltz back in whenever they wanted. Bullshit.

I'm sorry but I have absolutely zero interest in Vitali Klitschko. Give up on the guy, his biggest win was a loss to Lennox Lewis.

I'm fine with Wlad, he's a fine fighter who has earned his top spot and he DEFINITELY doesn't pull this stuff. I'm sorry but 5 missed fight dates in a row and it's well past just a run of bad luck. There is something else.

If he decides that he wants to come back and maybe even show up at the weigh in, then his next fight needs to be against Rob Calloway, because we can't have someone actually important to the division being tempered with by Vitali's silliness again as has been the case with Peter.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not a huge surprise so Im not gonna get mad over this. I find it hard to imagine Vitali making a play at the top now.

Too old and injury prone.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by slk123
    I'm sorry to see that Vitali is out again. I'm a huge Klitschko fan but maybe it is time for him to retire.
    He's already retired.To be classed as a comeback I think you need to have at least one actual fight.

Maybe he can try again in 2008 and fight on a card with Naseem Hamed as the chief support. They could hold it in Never Never Land and Elvis can sing the American anthem for Mcline.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A fair few fights getting cancelled but at least the Superfights are all still going ahead. Fingers crossed.

I bet Sam Peter must be annoyed after all Vitali did to stop Sam fighting Maskaev and Klitschko is not fit anyway.

Thread Information