Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IS WITTER READY TO TAKE ON AMERICA?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IS WITTER READY TO TAKE ON AMERICA?

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Witter take on America?

He tried that fight...& got his ass handed to him by Judah...but Judah was in his prime back then.

Witter should do some work in his home spot...he could do some good in Hatton's place.

I like Witter's chances...I'd actually like to see him in with Hatton.
    But you got remember Witter took the Judah fight with only a weeks notice. Judah took it with ah....damn he only had a weeks notice to. So much for that excuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Witter take on America?

He tried that fight...& got his a** handed to him by Judah...but Judah was in his prime back then.

Witter should do some work in his home spot...he could do some good in Hatton's place.

But you got remember Witter took the Judah fight with only a weeks notice. Judah took it with ah....damn he only had a weeks notice to. So much for that excuse.
    Believe you me...I would have loved to have seen Witter beat Judah. I was honestly pulling for Witter & would love some redemption...but...unfortunately...he did not win thin & I honeslty don't think that a Witter Judah rematch would be a waste of Witter's time.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter would give any of the big names problems and beat most of them

too much attantion is paid to his judah fight.... i'm not 100% sure but if i remember right Zab was the next big thing at the time and was coming over here to fight someone else and that fell through so witter stepped in to save the show at short notice... brave step from a 15 fight novice but one that has prob cost him a fortune in hinsight

i like Witter V underated fighter just wish he'd keep his mouth shut sometimes

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    Witter would give any of the big names problems and beat most of them

too much attantion is paid to his judah fight.... i'm not 100% sure but if i remember right Zab was the next big thing at the time and was coming over here to fight someone else and that fell through so witter stepped in to save the show at short notice... brave step from a 15 fight novice but one that has prob cost him a fortune in hinsight

i like Witter V underated fighter just wish he'd keep his mouth shut sometimes
    The Judah fight was Witter's 18th pro fight. Judah had 22 fights coming in. Big difference.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Judah fight was Witter's 18th pro fight. Judah had 22 fights coming in. Big difference.
    i stand corrected but the difference is not too much mate as there alittle protected over this side of the pond so stepping in with someone of Zab's skills when your used to fighting guys with more losses than wins was a massive step up and was still a big gamble that they lost

still rate Witter mate he just froze that night and put on a snooze fest... time will tell

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i stand corrected but the difference is not too much mate as there alittle protected over this side of the pond so stepping in with someone of Zab's skills when your used to fighting guys with more losses than wins was a massive step up and was still a big gamble that they lost

still rate Witter mate he just froze that night and put on a snooze fest... time will tell

Good enough for me. I picked Harris to beat Witter. But to truth be told I was not disappointed to see Harris get his overrated knocked out. His excuses afterwards were just pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah...four bouts between them aint a good stretch...but the protected issue does ring true bwoss.

Honestly...Witter could have beaten Judah had he applied himself...or maybe just put up a better fight.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah...four bouts between them aint a good stretch...but the protected issue does ring true bwoss.

Honestly...Witter could have beaten Judah had he applied himself...or maybe just put up a better fight.
    Let's not get carried away now. Judah and Witter are both pretty much the same type of fighter. Judah just hits harder and is clearly faster. I can't see Witter beating Judah now or than

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

funny i still rate Zab highly... he just keeps getting beat

still rate his skills and think his showing against Mayweather was better than most expected... apart from me i expected him to win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

funny i still rate Zab highly... he just keeps getting beat

still rate his skills and think his showing against Mayweather was better than most expected... apart from me i expected him to win
    So do I, and so does Ring Magazine (#5 last time I checked)

He looked as good as anybody ever has against Mayweather, and he was whipping on Cotto until all of the illegal punches.

Zabs still a top fighter in the best division in boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All hate & loathing aside, I just can't believe that people rate him, especially due to the fact that he buckles like a belt when pushed.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All hate & loathing aside, I just can't believe that people rate him, especially due to the fact that he buckles like a belt when pushed.
    Zab Is so up & down it's hard to keep up.He does look frail and there to get got by any of the current top ten welts.Early on ,I did not care for him at all as well.Then slowly I came around to a different way of thinking.
    After the tszyu fight,I Laughed.Great victory In 2nd Spinks fight (get that man some tissues),Baldomir Just Ambushed Him & sent him spinning back down the hill.His first 4 rnds vs. pretty boy gave hope and then reality and superior skills took over.In his Most Brutal Fight,Vs.Cotto,I Gained emence Respect for him.Right Now,I do not See Him Beating any top Ten (o.urkal?? only seen him once)He'll Get a Big Payday On Name & Game and Go Down As An also ran who could never sustain against the best.
    Maybe witter can Through Alot of Money at Him For A American Return And Get another Crack At Redemption.Zab Is Not What He Was,Witter Is Improved And The Harris Victory Was Impressive,I Think He Can Do some Things Vs. Zab Given Proper Prep Time.If Witter Does Come Over and Goes Top Ten,It Might as well Be Lazcano 1st.

ICB Guest

Witter take on America?

He tried that fight...& got his a** handed to him by Judah...but Judah was in his prime back then.

To be fair though Wacko Witter was very green only having 17 pro fights i know Judah didn't have that many fights either but Witter has improved quite a bit since that fight i would give Witter very good chance vs Judah right now infact Witter should fight Judah right now and revenge his only loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter take on America?

He tried that fight...& got his ass handed to him by Judah...but Judah was in his prime back then.

Not that I'm a huge Witter fan but. I heard around here that he(Witter) was a last minute replacement in that fight.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter take on America?

Zab was scheduled to fight Jason Rowland on the card.

As you said - Witter had a weeks notice.. plus had never fought past 8 rds, had a stunning 4 KO's to his name and hadn't even fought for the British title.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information