Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will This cause hatton problems?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Will This cause hatton problems?

Ricky Hatton fans must apply for tickets for the Floyd Mayweather fight via a postal ballot.

Punch Promotions have confirmed that only 3,900 tickets for the MGM Grand showdown in December have been made available for sale in the United Kingdom.

Hatton's father and manager Ray is still trying to secure more from Golden Boy Promotions, but the huge demand, plus disappointing allocation, mean British fight fans must enter the ballot.

Richard Schaefer, chief executive of Golden Boy, confirmed that there have been in excess of 40,000 applications for a venue that only holds 16,000.

Hatton's solicitor, Gareth Williams, informed the promoters that Punch Promotions would purchase all of them, expecting something in the region of 10,000 to be put up for sale over here.

But Golden Boy have now confirmed that less than 4,000 will be made available for the biggest fight of Hatton's life - half the estimated number that made the trip to see his last Las Vegas victory over Jose Luis Castillo.

"This is a real shame for the fans that have supported me, not just for my last three fights in America, but indeed all of my previous fights," said Hatton.

"It means the world to me and is a great inspiration for me when I walk into the ring to see so many Brits singing and chanting my name.

"It will make me even more determined to beat Mayweather and it has shown to me having spoken to my Dad, we must fight again in England to repay all my loyal fans."

Golden Boy have said that the fight will be shown on close-circuit television at a Las Vegas venue (to be confirmed), but fans wanting to apply for tickets must write too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will This cause hatton problems?

I'm wondering whether or not this will affect Hatton...I realise he is a professional athlete and he should be able to overcome, but he has become so accustomed to the unique atmosphere created dually by the British fans and his own performances.

Should numbers of British fans be down, making the venue neutral or god-forbid, pro-Mayweather will Ricky be affected?
    In addition will this news make Hatton's focus slip before the fight?

This article came from Sky Sports.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton will not loose focus he will be more determined to show em !!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope so mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shouldn't affect him. Anyway, Doubt it'll be pro Mayweather even if the other 12 thousand seats are filled by his own family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp
    Shouldn't affect him. Anyway, Doubt it'll be pro Mayweather even if the other 12 thousand seats are filled by his own family.
    lol true even mayweather SNR moaned that De La hoya won there fight.....talk about disfunctional family's
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think by and large, nearly everyone is shoutin for ricky.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"It will make me even more determined to beat Mayweather and it has shown to me having spoken to my Dad, we must fight again in England to repay all my loyal fans."

I think this shows his determination to come back to the MEN for his home comming as the new WBC Welterweight Champion
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it should...We love Ricky over here as well and believe it or not get a kick out of the Brits and their way of support ( the singing ect) makes the even a bit more fun....Though I do still think it causes an advantage for a guy if he is fighting at home and gets that type support on top of it...throws off the opponent mentally.....

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I don't think it should...We love Ricky over here as well and believe it or not get a kick out of the Brits and their way of support ( the singing ect) makes the even a bit more fun....Though I do still think it causes an advantage for a guy if he is fighting at home and gets that type support on top of it...throws off the opponent mentally.....

Mate if i get a ticket i sure hope them annoying guys playing the Brass Band leave that shit at home, for me that was really annoying, i love the big loud atmosphere but thats just runins it imo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at ricky's fights in England the brass band enhanced the whole expieience...
    Never in my life will i forget the atmosphere at the Maussa fight:
    A beautiful orgy of celebration, Raw sound cascading from the upper tiers and a visceral under current as we all waited with bated breath for maussa to get knocked the fuck out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will be rooting for Ricky. Hope he knocks out Mayweather in the 10th round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats actually my prdiction 2 Bruce a KO about the tenth. I can see it being a TKO rather than a straight Ko tho, Floyd does have a superb chin.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's more of his shoulder defense. Mayweather will be running again just like his fight with DLH.

whew, am very very excited already.

Honestly, I don't consider Mayweather as a great boxer. I just feel (and maybe wanted) him going down this time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i certainly want a Hatton win, but strategy will be needed. Its my belief that the reason Hatton succeded so well against Tszyu was because of the surprise element, Kostya never thought he'd come across someone who would stay right beside him for as long as it took. (On the flipside Collazo had figured him out and knew exactly wht to expect and how to neutralise it.)
    So i think that Rick's team need to come up with a little somethin new, somethin fresh thatl act like a secret weapon, like the right uppercut against Urango.

Thread Information