Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Clottey Collazo confirmed,winner gets shot at Cintron

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Well,although Cintron's level of opposition is not that great,guys like Mathysse,Reid,Suarez and Estrada were all decent fighters. I don't know,I just think being with Manny has given him confidence. He defintely uses more movement than before and his jab is better than it has been. These factors,combined with his power,make him dangerous imo.

And you made one of the best points,"don't think he can beat a world class fighter who can take his punch" because very very few fighters could take his punch imo. I obviously see his limitations but the thing most people use to say he is not that good is the Margarito fight but a.) few in the division are as tough as Tony and b.) it was a styles thing.

I don't see many that can stand and trade him with him and his confidence is also visibly growing.
    Few in the division are as tough as Tony, but Id say Clottey is one of them. That's partly why I think he'll beat Cintron handily. It wasn't just a style thing that caused KErmit to lose to TOny, it was like I said, that Margarito could take his punches and get inside on him consistently. If anything Margarito has a style which should favour Cintron as he can be timed on the way in... But I don't even remember Cintron landing a great deal of punches, he was pretty much ineffective when Margarito closed the distance. I think Clottey will do the same thing. As would Mosley, Cotto, or Tony in a rematch. And as far as Cintron vs Collazo, we can only speculate that Kermit will do better against a slick fighter who doesn't do much infighting, as he's never faced a guy with excellent movement, handspeed, counters, or defence in general. When he does we'll see exactly how much his jab and lateral movement have improved... I think his best chance at beating a top guy is Paul Williams, and many seem to think the same. Williams just seems to have the perfect style for Cintro to exploit. He is soo lanky, and throws so much leather he leaves big openings at times. It's the perfect example of a volume fighter vs KO puncher.. and the puncher usually has the edge. It will be a good test for Cintron no doubt, but if he can stay composed, time and sit down on big shots, he'll catch Williams and imo KO him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo by decision. Just looking at both guys styles I think Collazo has a bit of an advantage. For some of the reasons Gamo mentioned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Collazo by decision. Just looking at both guys styles I think Collazo has a bit of an advantage. For some of the reasons Gamo mentioned.
    Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Well,although Cintron's level of opposition is not that great,guys like Mathysse,Reid,Suarez and Estrada were all decent fighters. I don't know,I just think being with Manny has given him confidence. He defintely uses more movement than before and his jab is better than it has been. These factors,combined with his power,make him dangerous imo.

And you made one of the best points,"don't think he can beat a world class fighter who can take his punch" because very very few fighters could take his punch imo. I obviously see his limitations but the thing most people use to say he is not that good is the Margarito fight but a.) few in the division are as tough as Tony and b.) it was a styles thing.

I don't see many that can stand and trade him with him and his confidence is also visibly growing.
    Few in the division are as tough as Tony, but Id say Clottey is one of them. That's partly why I think he'll beat Cintron handily. It wasn't just a style thing that caused KErmit to lose to TOny, it was like I said, that Margarito could take his punches and get inside on him consistently. If anything Margarito has a style which should favour Cintron as he can be timed on the way in... But I don't even remember Cintron landing a great deal of punches, he was pretty much ineffective when Margarito closed the distance. I think Clottey will do the same thing. As would Mosley, Cotto, or Tony in a rematch. And as far as Cintron vs Collazo, we can only speculate that Kermit will do better against a slick fighter who doesn't do much infighting, as he's never faced a guy with excellent movement, handspeed, counters, or defence in general. When he does we'll see exactly how much his jab and lateral movement have improved... I think his best chance at beating a top guy is Paul Williams, and many seem to think the same. Williams just seems to have the perfect style for Cintro to exploit. He is soo lanky, and throws so much leather he leaves big openings at times. It's the perfect example of a volume fighter vs KO puncher.. and the puncher usually has the edge. It will be a good test for Cintron no doubt, but if he can stay composed, time and sit down on big shots, he'll catch Williams and imo KO him.
    I totally agree with you on the PW fight,I think that's why Kermit wants to fight him so much,he knows he stands a good chance of KTFO Paul(which I'd like to see ) I see your points on Clottey v Cintron and sure Clottey is tough but like I said,I think Kermit,with an effective gameplan beats him. I mean Clottey is pretty much open to the body,because of his high guard and if Margarito could wear him out with bodyshots,I'm pretty sure Kermit could too.

I'm not sure about Cintron v Cotto. I love Cotto but he;s been wobbled by lesser fighters, Cintron hits a dam sight harder than Corley and Zab so I think Cotto would have a tough fight although ultimately he would prevail. Imagine Cotto v Kermit,PR parade day unification match? That would be sensational!

ICB Guest

Good choice.

I totally agree with you on the PW fight,I think that's why Kermit wants to fight him so much,he knows he stands a good chance of KTFO Paul(which I'd like to see ) I see your points on Clottey v Cintron and sure Clottey is tough but like I said,I think Kermit,with an effective gameplan beats him. I mean Clottey is pretty much open to the body,because of his high guard and if Margarito could wear him out with bodyshots,I'm pretty sure Kermit could too.

I'm not sure about Cintron v Cotto. I love Cotto but he;s been wobbled by lesser fighters, Cintron hits a dam sight harder than Corley and Zab so I think Cotto would have a tough fight although ultimately he would prevail. Imagine Cotto v Kermit,PR parade day unification match? That would be sensational!
    I don't think Cintron would stand a good chance of koing Williams i mean Margarito hit him with his best shots and kept coming and Margarito is very very hard hitter at Welterweight i don't see Cintron doing nowhere near better than Margarito done against Williams.

Cintron vs Cotto should be held in Puerto Rico El Gamo just imagine the atmosphere anyway as for Cintron vs Cotto i see Cotto being hurt and maybe knocked down early but i see him coming back and stopping Cintron in 6th round of a slugfest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ICE,I disagree. Margarito could have done better v Williams and Cintron has far more power,punch for punch,than Tony.He has that long body to aim for and I don't think PW could take his bombs.

Yeah,like I said,Cintron v Cotto would be awesome! It depends on whether Cotto can stand and take Cintron's power.I'd favour Miguel too for sure but man it would be exciting!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good choice.

EG... what's up bro? Just catching up on things and reading about who would win between Cotto and Cintron. Frankly, that's one fight I wouldn't want to see unless both were champs and with noone left to beat. And THEN... I'm not sure who I'd put my money on. Cotto's got the better chin, a much better attack to the body, and has shown the ability to survive tough rounds. Cintron has devastating KO power with both hands, and has improved his boxing ability under Stewart. Tough call.... there'd be no decision here. It would be a late KO by either one. By Cintron, if he lands one too many head shots... or by Cotto, if he softens Cintron's body enough. If they fought right now, I'd have to lean slightly toward Cotto.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I Think Collazo has the skill required to allow him victories over many of the "upper tier," welterweights. Should Luis overcome this obstacle id favour him against Cintron and Margarito.

One fight i dont wanna dream of is Collazo/Williams, those styles would clash horribly.

Thread Information