Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Reasons Why Ricky Hatton Can Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 5 Reasons Why Ricky Hatton Can Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I hate to sound like a broken record & an elitist when it comes to Floyd…but I honestly don’t know of anyone out there that I think could beat him outside of Shane Mosley & I aint 100% sure that Shane could best Floyd.

Floyd is a different kind of fighter.

I hate to say it…but Hatton is like a circle. There are no angles & questions that can be raised in comparison.

The main thing that most fans & Floyd haters lean towards as an advantage is Hatton’s pressure & force.

I don’t buy it. Stronger doesn’t always add up to better & it’s surely proven ineffective against Floyd.

Floyd stood up to bigger men & he’s also faced power & speed & while Floyd has benefited from the moves up in weight…Hatton has not. Hatton moved up to face Collazo & stalled like a broke down sports car. He then dropped down to face Urango & sputtered there also.

Floyd has moved up, kept his speed, & also gained in the power department.

I think Hatton fans are going to be in for a rude awakening…but as a Floyd fan…I think that it should be noted that we will too.

While I don't feel that pressure from a brawler is the key to defeating Floyd...I do think that there are going to be scares.

Maybe if Hatton can catch Floyd (& he will) & keep Floyd he'll have a shot...but I'm hoping for another clinic from Floyd along the lines of the Corrales or Gatti fight.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I hate to sound like a broken record & an elitist when it comes to Floyd…but I honestly don’t know of anyone out there that I think could beat him outside of Shane Mosley & I aint 100% sure that Shane could best Floyd.

I hate to say it…but Hatton is like a circle. There are no angles & questions that can be raised in comparison.

The main thing that most fans & Floyd haters lean towards as an advantage is Hatton’s pressure & force.

I don’t buy it. Stronger doesn’t always add up to better & it’s surely proven ineffective against Floyd.

Floyd stood up to bigger men & he’s also faced power & speed & while Floyd has benefited from the moves up in weight…Hatton has not. Hatton moved up to face Collazo & stalled like a broke down sports car. He then dropped down to face Urango & sputtered there also.

I think Hatton fans are going to be in for a rude awakening…but as a Floyd fan…I think that it should be noted that we will too.

While I don't feel that pressure from a brawler is the key to defeating Floyd...I do think that there are going to be scares.

Maybe if Hatton can catch Floyd (& he will) & keep Floyd he'll have a shot...but I'm hoping for another clinic from Floyd along the lines of the Corrales or Gatti fight.
    And your going to get it too. Mayweather will dominate Hatton. I can't believe how foolish some people are to think otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    And your going to get it too.
    Gotdam right.

Mayweather will dominate Hatton.
    I'd like to think so.

I can't believe how foolish some people are to think otherwise.
    You can't blame 'em for trying.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had this on the Hatton forum. Love the guy to bits, been a fan a long time but he just can't beat Floyd. I hope he does (I would be fucking estatic) but I just can't see him getting around Floyds skill. Floyd can adapt too well these days, he is far better as a fighter than when he fought Castillo......which people keep bringing up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Had this on the Hatton forum. Love the guy to bits, been a fan a long time but he just can't beat Floyd. I hope he does (I would be F****** estatic) but I just can't see him getting around Floyds skill. Floyd can adapt too well these days, he is far better as a fighter than when he fought Castillo......which people keep bringing up.
    Good post, good points, & well stated...cept for being ecstatic over the improbably win.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And your going to get it too. Mayweather will dominate Hatton. I can't believe how foolish some people are to think otherwise.
    Go floyd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Had this on the Hatton forum. Love the guy to bits, been a fan a long time but he just can't beat Floyd. I hope he does (I would be F****** estatic) but I just can't see him getting around Floyds skill. Floyd can adapt too well these days, he is far better as a fighter than when he fought Castillo......which people keep bringing up.
    Good post, good points, & well stated...cept for being ecstatic over the improbably win.
    CC back, thanks for getting my point my man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this fight will be more competitive than the Gatti fight was. Hatton is a better fighter than Gatti, he's younger and stronger than Gatti was as well.

Hatton will at least try to make it a fight, whereas Gatti was basically a punching bag against Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I think this fight will be more competitive than the Gatti fight was. Hatton is a better fighter than Gatti, he's younger and stronger than Gatti was as well.

Hatton will at least try to make it a fight, whereas Gatti was basically a punching bag against Floyd.
    I agree with that. I think the fight will be close and a lot will depend on the refs style, and how the judges score it. I think PBF decsion by about 3 rounds.

ICB Guest

I think Mayweather will win comfortably but Gatti boxed from outside against someone of Mayweather's class is just asking for a beat down when Gatti is not even good technical boxer and Corrales just didn't do effective aggression now i think Hatton will be able to steal few rounds when he outworks Mayweather with his swarming style but Mayweather will stick that jab in his face and break Hatton up with them right hands Hatton fans argue the way to beat Mayweather is what Castillo done in first fight but Hatton fans seem to forget they had a rematch and Mayweather easily defeated Castillo and has improved since the Castillo fight.

I see Chavez go like a machine and try and swarm Mayweather and he couldn't even dent Mayweather in one round Chavez threw 96 punches and only landed like 6 in skill level Mayweather is way ahead against Hatton and i think Hattons only advantage is power and even his last outing at Welterweight he didn't seem to have the power or be able to bully his opponent people seem to think swarming is way to beat Mayweather i disagree Mayweather does never crack under the pressure of being swarmed and just picks you apart for being so wild and aggressive i think Hatton's only chance is to land rib breaking body shot other than i don't give Hatton much of a chance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we should just stop talking about it and see the fight there have been so many post on this it is starting to sound like a broken record one guy goes hatton going to do it and then someone says mayweather going to do i don't care for either but i dont like mayweather so i want hatton to win but he has to climb up one hell of a moutain to pull it off i hope the fight doesnt get boring and i just waste my money on it

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    I think we should just stop talking about it and see the fight there have been so many post on this it is starting to sound like a broken record one guy goes hatton going to do it and then someone says mayweather going to do i don't care for either but i dont like mayweather so i want hatton to win but he has to climb up one hell of a moutain to pull it off i hope the fight doesnt get boring and i just waste my money on it
    This is what a boxing forum is for to debate on big fights past and present and to learn and debate with some good knowledgable posters nothing wrong in that you have to expect alot of threads on such a big fight like this one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know ice but they are starting to say the same thing over and over again

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I think Mayweather will win comfortably but Gatti boxed from outside against someone of Mayweather's class is just asking for a beat down when Gatti is not even good technical boxer and Corrales just didn't do effective aggression now i think Hatton will be able to steal few rounds when he outworks Mayweather with his swarming style but Mayweather will stick that jab in his face and break Hatton up with them right hands Hatton fans argue the way to beat Mayweather is what Castillo done in first fight but Hatton fans seem to forget they had a rematch and Mayweather easily defeated Castillo and has improved since the Castillo fight.

I see Chavez go like a machine and try and swarm Mayweather and he couldn't even dent Mayweather in one round Chavez threw 96 punches and only landed like 6 in skill level Mayweather is way ahead against Hatton and i think Hattons only advantage is power and even his last outing at Welterweight he didn't seem to have the power or be able to bully his opponent people seem to think swarming is way to beat Mayweather i disagree Mayweather does never crack under the pressure of being swarmed and just picks you apart for being so wild and aggressive i think Hatton's only chance is to land rib breaking body shot other than i don't give Hatton much of a chance.
    I do not think its so much swarming,and number of punches here.Just As the Castillio vs. Maywither Fight Thats Dismissed as an style example of floyd most potential threat Because It Was WAY Back In 02 ,the thinking being floyd has improved,matured,and grown .He beat Chavez TWO years earlier,So Are we to assume His ability to deal with pressure inside remains as GREAT.... You Know,Seeing As How It Was WAY back In 00'.
    Chavez in no Hatton.I Am certain on a few thing:
    Hatton will get busted early and as sharp as ever ButHe is not the club fighter people think...Nor is Mayweather the second coming of Robinson.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    I know ice but they are starting to say the same thing over and over again
    People are excited you have to expect that infact a member here Yotisdan was complaining about there wern't enough threads about big fights or something similar to that anyway.

I like debating about these upcoming big fights infact one of the things i like most about this forum is good old fashion debating with no trash talking i like to see everyones different views makes these topics interesting.

Thread Information