Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 5 Reasons Why Ricky Hatton Can Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 5 Reasons Why Ricky Hatton Can Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Is a prerequisite for writing for Eastsideboxing hating Floyd Mayweather?
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    Is a prerequisite for writing for Eastsideboxing hating Floyd Mayweather?
    LOL....I would give the real answer on what you have to be in order to write for ESB but in the intewrest of professionalism I wont
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every opponet floyd faces has 5 or more reasons why they can win......but they never do.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Every opponet floyd faces has 5 or more reasons why they can win......but they never do.

Heh heh heh. That's 100% on the money right there.

Here's the thing...I'd love to see Floyd go down undefeated & retire out...& he could after wacking out Hatton...but when/if he does...it won't be enough. Everyone will say that he has to face Cotto, Mosley, or Oscar again to solidify his position as an all time great.

The minute that he steps in with one of those 3 they'll be cooking up 5 reasons why Floyd can't win against them.

Honestly...I'd be impressed if Floyd whooped Mosley due to the fact that I see Mosley as one of the best of my generation.

We shall see. If Cotto get's spanked by Mosley (& I am almost surely terrified that he will) then I'm pretty sure we'll see Mosley vs Mayweather in 2008 if Floyd breezes through Hatton.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

everybody mentions the castillo fight.

1) they had a rematch Floyd won without question

2) Floyd has improved 10 fold since the first Castillo match almost 7 years ago.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

2) Floyd has improved 10 fold since the first Castillo match almost 7 years ago.
    Majesty, I've been trying to ram these facts into the heads of people here ever since I started posting.

The anti-Floyd crowd chooses not to listen.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

Majesty, I've been trying to ram these facts into the heads of people here ever since I started posting.

The anti-Floyd crowd chooses not to listen.
    So have i know how you feel fellas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with everything apart from the 7 years bit?

More like just over 5 years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane is that guy that could give mayweather a good fight but he will be turning 37 next year that might be a problem it only takes one night to get old once you go into your late 30's but i may be wrong but i don't think i am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    Shane is that guy that could give mayweather a good fight but he will be turning 37 next year that might be a problem it only takes one night to get old once you go into your late 30's but i may be wrong but i don't think i am
    That'd be a good point if you didn't have to factor in names like Hopkins, Mosley, & Wright.

Age is just a number to most "truly accomplished boxers".

If they have a great defense & quick reflexes then late & mid 30's don't mean shat. Anywho, I agree...Floyd will have some issues once he faces Mosley. Mosley has the reflexes & speed to give Floyd a fight...& he's got the power to hurt Floyd but I just aint 100% sure that the first two advantages I spoke of will actually be advantages at all.

I'd like to think so, though.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea but look age can start to matter if pbf is the one to beat and you have to be at your best i fell maybe the mosley after the first oscar fight would of been the best to face mayweather but there is no way that going so i guess we have to take him at 37 i just don't want to see him get old in a fight

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Mayweather always has a crazy lifestyle even during training camp as 24/7 showed, but he trains so hard, and he prepares for everyone from Gatti to Baldomir to Sharmba Mitchell... he will definitely not overlook Hatton. As for dancing with the stars I can't see it hurting his footwork. I mean Ray Robinson used to dance and so did Leonard I believe. I think Mayweather if anything could be a little lighter on his feet and stay on his toes a little more because he was caught flat footed a fetwtimes against Zab and against Oscar as well.
    I agree he has been very flatfooted. I noticed that too, especially lately. He relies on his reflexes and handspeed and sort of abandoned his footwork. Could it be that maybe Mayweather is a little past his prime
    I don't think so... Roy Jones Jr. was a lot more flat footed at light heavyweight compared to when he was in middleweight or super middleweight. I think the weight makes it harder to move around, and I think he tries to plant his feet to hit harder. Also despite what people are saying I truly believe Mayweather has tried to stay his ground against Baldomir and he tried to tire Oscar out by letting Oscar try to hit him on the ropes. Mayweather still uses a very tight defence not just reflexes, and after watching Hopkins-Wright there is no reason MAyweather at his age with his endurance can't dance for 12 rounds if he has to. However I don't believe thats the case I think he fight in close to Hatton and he will beat Hatton to the punch unless Hatton starts holding him in which case I think Mayweather will fight on the outside and potshot Ricky.
    Yeah but if Oscar continued to use his jab he would have won the fight. I dont think theres any question about that so basically Floyd didnt have an answer to Oscars gameplan till Oscar abandoned it. ?

Oscar Delahoya was a very seasoned veteran when he went in the ring with with Mayweather that night, having said that, if Oscar is smart enough to know that if his gameplan was so effective that Mayweather wouldn't have won the fight...... Delahoya wouldn't have abandoned it

As for Hatton............

I think that he will have a much harder time adjusting to Floyd Mayweather's speed, power, technique, defense, etc. etc. than he did adjusting to Luis Collazos (which was a fight that Hatton won by a single point ) in Hatton's other fight at 147.
    I can't be bothered reading 5 pages of tat soooo here we go.
    ODH ran out of gas and that's the only time Floyd looked good in that fight. We don't expect Hatton to gas but he ain't not ODH.
    I think we're the only ones who saw that PBF/ODLH fight - everyone else talks about how Floyd breezed through it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Mayweather always has a crazy lifestyle even during training camp as 24/7 showed, but he trains so hard, and he prepares for everyone from Gatti to Baldomir to Sharmba Mitchell... he will definitely not overlook Hatton. As for dancing with the stars I can't see it hurting his footwork. I mean Ray Robinson used to dance and so did Leonard I believe. I think Mayweather if anything could be a little lighter on his feet and stay on his toes a little more because he was caught flat footed a fetwtimes against Zab and against Oscar as well.
    I agree he has been very flatfooted. I noticed that too, especially lately. He relies on his reflexes and handspeed and sort of abandoned his footwork. Could it be that maybe Mayweather is a little past his prime
    I don't think so... Roy Jones Jr. was a lot more flat footed at light heavyweight compared to when he was in middleweight or super middleweight. I think the weight makes it harder to move around, and I think he tries to plant his feet to hit harder. Also despite what people are saying I truly believe Mayweather has tried to stay his ground against Baldomir and he tried to tire Oscar out by letting Oscar try to hit him on the ropes. Mayweather still uses a very tight defence not just reflexes, and after watching Hopkins-Wright there is no reason MAyweather at his age with his endurance can't dance for 12 rounds if he has to. However I don't believe thats the case I think he fight in close to Hatton and he will beat Hatton to the punch unless Hatton starts holding him in which case I think Mayweather will fight on the outside and potshot Ricky.
    Yeah but if Oscar continued to use his jab he would have won the fight. I dont think theres any question about that so basically Floyd didnt have an answer to Oscars gameplan till Oscar abandoned it. ?

Oscar Delahoya was a very seasoned veteran when he went in the ring with with Mayweather that night, having said that, if Oscar is smart enough to know that if his gameplan was so effective that Mayweather wouldn't have won the fight...... Delahoya wouldn't have abandoned it

As for Hatton............

I think that he will have a much harder time adjusting to Floyd Mayweather's speed, power, technique, defense, etc. etc. than he did adjusting to Luis Collazos (which was a fight that Hatton won by a single point ) in Hatton's other fight at 147.
    I can't be bothered reading 5 pages of tat soooo here we go.
    ODH ran out of gas and that's the only time Floyd looked good in that fight. We don't expect Hatton to gas but he ain't not ODH.
    I think we're the only ones who saw that PBF/ODLH fight - everyone else talks about how Floyd breezed through it.
    I dont think Floyd won the fight by a long way it was more the fact that he seemed to have a lot in reserve. I think he could have won more easily but chose to stay safe. Which is a shame cos the fight would have been better if he'd attacked more.

Thread Information