Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Green picking an upset against Tarver

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    His record pretty much confirms what I'm saying. He's never knocked out a name opponent. Just a bunch of bums and journeymen.
    While Green's opposition is a bit limited he might actually have a shot against the current Tarver...but I doubt it. I'll be curious enough to tune in...& that's saying something because Tarver don't do S*** for me.

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Green is to predictable in the ring and Tarver will outbox him for the 12 rounds, Green to me always seems wooden or stilted in his movements. He simply couldn't keep pace with Mundine and how he didn't finish Beyer off in their first fight is beyond me. Good luck to him though.
    100% agreed about Green being a bit predictable.

As far as Mundine goes...while I can not stand the man...the current state of Mundine is improving & he'd be a bit of a handful for everyone at 160lbs to 168lbs other than Kess & Calzaghe.

As far as Beyer goes...Beyer wasn't the walk through that Kessler faced (not diminishing Kess's battery of Beyer) when Green got to him & also...both of those fights were in Germany. Not sure if you saw them but Green put Beyer down in rounds one & two & then lost a point for an accidental headbutt during round two. Shortly after Green actually intentionally butts Beyer who had been clingin on in survival mode & the ring physician calls the headbutt & rules in Beyer's favor.

The rematch was just robbery as it was fairly close with Beyer's a** on the mat in the 11th or 12th...I can't recall which one...that was one of the fights that I was so disgusted with that I just dropped it offa the hard drive.

I aint sidin for Green & I sure aint a fan...but quite often to beat a German fighter on home turf you gotta stop the fwock.

Sorry to German boxing fans...but it's a rule of thumb.
    Oh come on Sven Ottke clearly deserved all his wins.....
    Ottke would of whipped Calzaghe's a**
    So would Humpty Dumpty in your mind.
    Heh heh heh.

Glorious.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His record pretty much confirms what I'm saying. He's never knocked out a name opponent. Just a bunch of bums and journeymen.
    While Green's opposition is a bit limited he might actually have a shot against the current Tarver...but I doubt it. I'll be curious enough to tune in...& that's saying something because Tarver don't do S*** for me.

Green is to predictable in the ring and Tarver will outbox him for the 12 rounds, Green to me always seems wooden or stilted in his movements. He simply couldn't keep pace with Mundine and how he didn't finish Beyer off in their first fight is beyond me. Good luck to him though.

As far as Mundine goes...while I can not stand the man...the current state of Mundine is improving & he'd be a bit of a handful for everyone at 160lbs to 168lbs other than Kess & Calzaghe.

As far as Beyer goes...Beyer wasn't the walk through that Kessler faced (not diminishing Kess's battery of Beyer) when Green got to him & also...both of those fights were in Germany. Not sure if you saw them but Green put Beyer down in rounds one & two & then lost a point for an accidental headbutt during round two. Shortly after Green actually intentionally butts Beyer who had been clingin on in survival mode & the ring physician calls the headbutt & rules in Beyer's favor.

The rematch was just robbery as it was fairly close with Beyer's a** on the mat in the 11th or 12th...I can't recall which one...that was one of the fights that I was so disgusted with that I just dropped it offa the hard drive.

I aint sidin for Green & I sure aint a fan...but quite often to beat a German fighter on home turf you gotta stop the fwock.

Ottke would of whipped Calzaghe's ass
    If I know Calzaghe he'll wait till Humpty Dumpty was shot before facing him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ottke would of whipped Calzaghe's a**
    If I know Calzaghe he'll wait till Humpty Dumpty was shot before facing him
    Or Humpty Dumpty would have to move up from junior middle.....

ICB Guest

No way would Ottke beat Calzaghe Ottke was decent fighter but had more gift decisions than all of us have had hot dinners fighters like Reid, Brewer, Mitchell, all of these were gift decisions hell even a green 10-0 Anthony Mundine was ahead in there fight until Ottke found the ko punch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    No way would Ottke beat Calzaghe Ottke was decent fighter but had more gift decisions than all of us have had hot dinners fighters like Reid, Brewer, Mitchell, all of these were gift decisions hell even a green 10-0 Anthony Mundine was ahead in there fight until Ottke found the ko punch.
    Its ok settle down..... I know no one on here is allowed to crtiticise Joe in the slightest or his fanboys go off....

Funny how this topic bout Green and Tarver turned into a debate about Ottke and Joe.....

ICB Guest

Its ok settle down..... I know no one on here is allowed to crtiticise Joe in the slightest or his fanboys go off....

Funny how this topic bout Green and Tarver turned into a debate about Ottke and Joe.....
    Settle down ?? read my posts im not Calzaghe fan at all infact im the one that criticizes him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Settle down ?? read my posts im not Calzaghe fan at all infact im the one that criticizes him.
    Ok i sincerely apologise for giving u Calzaghe fanboy status. Bad by me. Have a cc.
    If u have criticized him are u as sick of me at being attacked by ten Calzaghe fans everytime u do? I sure am.

ICB Guest

Ok i sincerely apologise for giving u Calzaghe fanboy status. Bad by me. Have a cc.
    If u have criticized him are u as sick of me at being attacked by ten Calzaghe fans everytime u do? I sure am.
    No prob cc back.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear you Calcrappy groupies get on my nerves as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While Green's opposition is a bit limited he might actually have a shot against the current Tarver...but I doubt it. I'll be curious enough to tune in...& that's saying something because Tarver don't do shit for me.

The rematch was just robbery as it was fairly close with Beyer's ass on the mat in the 11th or 12th...I can't recall which one...that was one of the fights that I was so disgusted with that I just dropped it offa the hard drive.

You thought the rematch was a robbery? I thought beyer boxed greens ears off. Green caught him in round 12 and knocked him down but couldnt finish him. I thought green lost that fight.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same, calzaghe became a god after lacy.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey

You thought the rematch was a robbery? I thought beyer boxed greens ears off. Green caught him in round 12 and knocked him down but couldnt finish him. I thought green lost that fight.
    Green lost badly and only woke up in the final round when it was all to late!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll have to watch it again then...because honestly...I thought he took the boot on that one.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll have to watch it again then...because honestly...I thought he took the boot on that one.
    The point should be that if Green had used his head..... or not used his head ..... in the first fight there wouldnt have been need for a rematch cos Beyer would have been destroyed...... But yeah the second fight was close but Beyer always had it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Green can do it, judging by Tarver's performance vs Muriqi it wouldn't be much of an upset in my eyes!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information