Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know they called 'PRESS CONFERENCES' but i always thought public could attend?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I know they called 'PRESS CONFERENCES' but i always thought public could attend?

Called the o2 in london and was just told that it is a completelly private event? I was always under the impression these things had members of the public there? Also in Manchester Ricky Hatton is advertising for people to turn up for him for the Manchester press conference on Friday? So whats the deal? Are the o2 lying to me? I also seem to remember Floyd cussing Oscar on nearly every press conference saying 'Oscar won't sign autographs for y'all but i'll stay here all day signing autographs for my fans!!'
    Thats pissed me off, when else is Floyd Mayweather gonna be in England!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I know they called 'PRESS CONFERENCES' but i always thought public could attend?

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Called the o2 in london and was just told that it is a completelly private event? I was always under the impression these things had members of the public there? Also in Manchester Ricky Hatton is advertising for people to turn up for him for the Manchester press conference on Friday? So whats the deal? Are the o2 lying to me? I also seem to remember Floyd cussing Oscar on nearly every press conference saying 'Oscar won't sign autographs for y'all but i'll stay here all day signing autographs for my fans!!'
    Im not to sure about London but i know the Manchester one is firstly inside the Town Hall only for press, but then there will be a few words said outside for the fans to see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I know they called 'PRESS CONFERENCES' but i always thought public could attend?

Um..does anyone else see the danger in Floyd mayweather insulting Ricky in front of all of Manchester

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Im not to sure about London but i know the Manchester one is firstly inside the Town Hall only for press, but then there will be a few words said outside for the fans to see.
    yeah, that's worth the trip

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather should pretend to wipe his ass with the Man City strip and see what Hatton does then.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    yeah, that's worth the trip
    Which will last for about 20 minutes, which is the norm for press confrences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on the type of conference it is...some for are for the public others for media only...if the public was allowed at every conference things would get out of hand on a regular basis
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon it would be well worth the trip:

1) Because Ricky is my favourite active fighter.
    (A view shared by about 90% of British boxing fans.)
    2) Mayweather confrences can be explosive, entertaining & a
    a whole lot can happen in 20 mins!!!
    3) This isn't just another fight, this is potential boxing history,
    For those fans, like myself, who would sell their souls to be there but
    have no chance, this is as close as u can get to taking part or
    bein there.
    4) With Hatton returning to Manchester, accompanied by his greatest
    adversary, the atmosphere is going to be Euphoric, Hate filled and
    excited all at once.
    5) In Manchester of all places there is the risk of a brawl

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone think it will be worth going then? Even if to catch them for 15-20 minutes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i fancy it no idea where town hall is though what time either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I spoke to Hatton after the press conf In LA and he said that there is a waiting list of 33,000 fans to into the press conf in Manchester. The turnout was going to be way to much and for safety they had to make most of it a media only thing.

BUT- They will have a jumbo monitor outside for the fans to see what is happening inside.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where theres a will theres a way.
    I've snuck in to so many Press Conf. and events I don't even bother anymore about credentials and stuff like that.
    IMO, just go show up and play it by ear always arrive early and stake out the place look for security and where they are placed.

For example when I went to the MAB-Juarez II press. I was told I needed a credential to get in. It was in a restaurant so I went back and then cameback and asked to be seated to "eat" once the waiter sat me down I saw he was 'Raza' thats slang for 'my people'/'of my race' so I told 'em I'm trying to get in there and hes like I pretty much knew it he's like just sit here I'm gonna bring you water and then I'll go back and just stand up and do your thing. I snuck in threw the side door and even got a seat in there.

For the ODLH-PBF/The World Awaits press. I was off to the side behind a shit load of people. I was just patient and had already scoped out the security. Towards the end of the press people started leaving/walking moving around when all that happened there was a lot of movement as far as people I myself started looking for an opening in the gate to get past it and into the actual press floor then people towards the front started pushing and somewhat moved the gate so 2 of the securitys that were there walked towards that area to push/move the gate and the people back as soon as I was that I just quickly went thru the side where there was an opening and walked as fast I could past the press. I got pictures with SSM & Roach and I also got PBF to sign my Ring Magazine with him on the cover.

So IMO, just go show up and walk around don't just stay in 1 place, look for openings, talk to people...
    It'll be well worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Um..does anyone else see the danger in Floyd mayweather insulting Ricky in front of all of Manchester
    YES

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I've snuck in to so many Press Conf. and events I don't even bother anymore about credentials and stuff like that.
    IMO, just go show up and play it by ear always arrive early and stake out the place look for security and where they are placed.

For example when I went to the MAB-Juarez II press. I was told I needed a credential to get in. It was in a restaurant so I went back and then cameback and asked to be seated to "eat" once the waiter sat me down I saw he was 'Raza' thats slang for 'my people'/'of my race' so I told 'em I'm trying to get in there and hes like I pretty much knew it he's like just sit here I'm gonna bring you water and then I'll go back and just stand up and do your thing. I snuck in threw the side door and even got a seat in there.

For the ODLH-PBF/The World Awaits press. I was off to the side behind a shit load of people. I was just patient and had already scoped out the security. Towards the end of the press people started leaving/walking moving around when all that happened there was a lot of movement as far as people I myself started looking for an opening in the gate to get past it and into the actual press floor then people towards the front started pushing and somewhat moved the gate so 2 of the securitys that were there walked towards that area to push/move the gate and the people back as soon as I was that I just quickly went thru the side where there was an opening and walked as fast I could past the press. I got pictures with SSM & Roach and I also got PBF to sign my Ring Magazine with him on the cover.

So IMO, just go show up and walk around don't just stay in 1 place, look for openings, talk to people...
    It'll be well worth it.
    That's just brilliant lucky fucker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

For the ODLH-PBF/The World Awaits press. I was off to the side behind a S*** load of people. I was just patient and had already scoped out the security. Towards the end of the press people started leaving/walking moving around when all that happened there was a lot of movement as far as people I myself started looking for an opening in the gate to get past it and into the actual press floor then people towards the front started pushing and somewhat moved the gate so 2 of the securitys that were there walked towards that area to push/move the gate and the people back as soon as I was that I just quickly went thru the side where there was an opening and walked as fast I could past the press. I got pictures with SSM & Roach and I also got PBF to sign my Ring Magazine with him on the cover.

It'll be well worth it.
    Ha ha i did something similar at the Duddy fight. But on my boxing tracksuit with myname along the back and had my gearbag in one hand (full of my real clothes ) Had a pair of gloves in my other hand and i jus walked upto security at the first gat and go "sorry where the fighters
    entrance," the dude points. Anyway i sprint over to the other door, act like im dead lat, "shit fellas what time is it?" and stroll in the fighters entrance The greatest scam i have ever pulled all at the suggestion of my trainer

Thread Information