Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are people giving Taylor too much flack?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are people giving Taylor too much flack?

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftHookToTheBody
    Well, maybe you can explain to me what you saw that earned Spinks the middleweight championship of the world? I saw a guy who was in survival mode, who knew he was physically overmatched but took the fight to get a paycheck and survive, who landed a pot shot here and there (but never anything of substance) and immediately retreated. Even if you thought he won, surely he did not do enough to where you could call it a robbery? I really would like to know what you saw and under what criteria you scored the thing.
    I didn't call it a robbery i said most people think it was a gift decision i had the fight very close fact of the matter is Taylor was lacklusture against natural Welterweight and didn't even really try Spinks was the one throwing alot more punches than Taylor.
    OK, when I read "gift" I read it as something unearned. If you had it very close then that is not what I think of when I think of a "gift decision." I think of a fight where one guy clearly won by a fairly wide margin but lost the decision. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, I may need to watch the thing again, as many more people appear to have scored it for Spinks than I ever imagined. I don't know if I can stomach watching that dreadful thing again, though.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Well, maybe you can explain to me what you saw that earned Spinks the middleweight championship of the world? I saw a guy who was in survival mode, who knew he was physically overmatched but took the fight to get a paycheck and survive, who landed a pot shot here and there (but never anything of substance) and immediately retreated. Even if you thought he won, surely he did not do enough to where you could call it a robbery? I really would like to know what you saw and under what criteria you scored the thing.
    I didn't call it a robbery i said most people think it was a gift decision i had the fight very close fact of the matter is Taylor was lacklusture against natural Welterweight and didn't even really try Spinks was the one throwing alot more punches than Taylor.
    Hey Ice buddy it seems like every thread I open now you're right there in the trenches going to war with other posters. You must be up there as one of the most relentlessly argumentative guys on Saddos now.

Keep up the good work
    Lol i don't mean to thats just the way it goes i remember saying a while ago i love debating but not this much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Taylor catches too much flack...but he does deserve some of it.

He's the middleweight champion of the world...fight like one!!!

He totally redeems himself against Pavlik if he wins well...& then Sunday morning we'll all be reading how Pavlik was a one trick poney...which is bullshit...but it is boxing journalism @ it's finest, aint it though?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

OK, when I read "gift" I read it as something unearned. If you had it very close then that is not what I think of when I think of a "gift decision." I think of a fight where one guy clearly won by a fairly wide margin but lost the decision. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, I may need to watch the thing again, as many more people appear to have scored it for Spinks than I ever imagined. I don't know if I can stomach watching that dreadful thing again, though.
    If you had it for Taylor fair enough im not bothered im just saying quite alot of people thought Spinks won im not forcing you to watch it was dreadful fight no one deserves that torture again i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Yes Taylor catches too much flack...but he does deserve some of it.

He's the middleweight champion of the world...fight like one!!!

He totally redeems himself against Pavlik if he wins well...& then Sunday morning we'll all be reading how Pavlik was a one trick poney...which is bullshit...but it is boxing journalism @ it's finest, aint it though?
    It will actually be better for Taylor if the fight is back and forth and then he stops Pavlik late. If he blows threw him in 3 rounds the way Steward predicts folks will just say Pavlik was an overrated bum all along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you had it for Taylor fair enough im not bothered im just saying quite alot of people thought Spinks won im not forcing you to watch it was dreadful fight no one deserves that torture again i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
    Yeah, they should show that one to prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. I think I had it 116-112 for Taylor or something along those lines, and was postively stunned when the 117-111 score for Spinks was announced. I actually started laughing. Maybe it wasn't so much that the fight wasn't close, but that it was so dreadful that I didn't reckon either man deserved to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Taylor-Spinks 115-113 SPINKS I thought he was the one throwing alot more even if his punches had little effect and he was outboxing taylor. Even the Sky commentator said Taylor didn't look interested and he didn't not one bit.

The end said it all IMO after seeing Spinks in the last 10 sceonds dancing around with his arms in the air and then him and his cornermen jumping for joy after the bell went when Taylor's arm had to be physically brought up by one of his cornermen, it was like Taylor knew Spinks won.

It really was a joke (117-111 FOR TAYLOR). THAT JUDGE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SCORE AGAIN HOW ON EARTH DID HE SEE TAYLOR WINNING BY 9 ROUNDS , OMG WHAT A WANKER

COME ON KELLY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    The end said it all IMO after seeing Spinks in the last 10 sceonds dancing around with his arms in the air and then him and his cornermen jumping for joy after the bell went when Taylor's arm had to be physically brought up by one of his cornermen, it was like Taylor knew Spinks won.
    Yeah, the end did say it all...the pure delusional of Spinks. I laughed my ass off when I saw him jumping around after that awful showing. Even if it was a close fight you don't deserve to win the championship with that type of performance.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Taylor's going to shut everybody up when he stops Pavlik
    Well hopefully Pavlick will have shut you up
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Taylor's going to shut everybody up when he stops Pavlik

We need a smiley for someone eating his own words.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was wrong. Well done Kelly Pavlik

Thread Information