Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barrera knocked out? in Sparring

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    No possible way that either JMM or Pac clearly won their fight. Pac wiped the floor early and he may have not been in serious trouble but he lost more rounds then JMM no doubt. Wierd how the 3rd round ended up being the most critical round of the fight when it came to scoring.
    I totally disagree,you're way off bro . You forgot,Manny was not wearing the right socks,he had blisters. If he ahd the right socks on,he would have won. Surely this counts towards scoring?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    No possible way that either JMM or Pac clearly won their fight. Pac wiped the floor early and he may have not been in serious trouble but he lost more rounds then JMM no doubt. Wierd how the 3rd round ended up being the most critical round of the fight when it came to scoring.
    I totally disagree,you're way off bro . You forgot,Manny was not wearing the right socks,he had blisters. If he ahd the right socks on,he would have won. Surely this counts towards scoring?
    I couldn't believe this excuse would come from el gamo, my long lost brod (but did I smell a bit of sarcasm? ). First of all let me say that on points, pac lost that fight by a point, imo. Now the excuse: Immediately after the fight, the local tv station which sponsored the fight interviewed pac right there at the ringside where he showed his badly blistered and swollen feet, something bad enough to make anybody think that you'd hardly be able to walk with - it was something much worse than the one on Marquez' hand. You'll get the hint of that in the fight. Take a look at the second round, it was pac who stop short, not Marquez countering. Pac just started wandering aimlessly as if he ha some problem, and every pac-fools know that that's not the real pac cuz we know if he smells blood, he will just continue his fierce attack relentlessly until he has taken down his prey. There wasn't much countering either to speak of by Marquez as he seemed just trying to regain his composure. Just watch the 2nd round and you'll know what I mean. Only at round 3 does Marquez start countering, he must have noticed something wrong with pac. And pac's being countered gets worse and worse as the fight moves on. I really thought Barrera could KO Marquez and he almost did, so imo there is no way a guy who easily went down 3 times in the 1st would survive the next 11 without some good reason, all right, excuse, call 'em wht you want, you fools. Of course this is just my theory and I'm willing to bet that pac will finish Marquez within 3 rounds the next time around, but if he survive the sixth round, win or lose, KO or not, I'll give him the full credit for his 'dramatic comeback', no if's and but's for me if that happens! So for the naysayers, let's just wait for the rematch. But in fairness to Marquez, let me tell say this: I think there are only two boxers who have the power (take note, I meant strictly in terms of power) to KO pac, and they are Valero annnnnn........nd the second one is no other than Marquez (and I'm not even trying to be a Mr. Niceguy here). But he just hasn't got the chin to move forward and follow up on his power shots cuz he'd most definitely lose in the exchange.

I've been waiting for someone to share those pics or vids of pac's swollen feet here, so I'm asking all the pinoys here to find one and share it here so everyone can see and judge for themselves. I'm not trying to convince those who want to believe pac is good for nothing, you know the usual ones out there who have nothing good to say about him, I just have no time for them good gals, except maybe in the bed.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by penalosafan
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I couldn't believe this excuse would come from el gamo, my long lost brod (but did I smell a bit of sarcasm? ). First of all let me say that on points, pac lost that fight by a point, imo. Now the excuse: Immediately after the fight, the local tv station which sponsored the fight interviewed pac right there at the ringside where he showed his badly blistered and swollen feet, something bad enough to make anybody think that you'd hardly be able to walk with - it was something much worse than the one on Marquez' hand. You'll get the hint of that in the fight. Take a look at the second round, it was pac who stop short, not Marquez countering. Pac just started wandering aimlessly as if he ha some problem, and every pac-fools know that that's not the real pac cuz we know if he smells blood, he will just continue his fierce attack relentlessly until he has taken down his prey. There wasn't much countering either to speak of by Marquez as he seemed just trying to regain his composure. Just watch the 2nd round and you'll know what I mean. Only at round 3 does Marquez start countering, he must have noticed something wrong with pac. And pac's being countered gets worse and worse as the fight moves on. I really thought Barrera could KO Marquez and he almost did, so imo there is no way a guy who easily went down 3 times in the 1st would survive the next 11 without some good reason, all right, excuse, call 'em wht you want, you fools. Of course this is just my theory and I'm willing to bet that pac will finish Marquez within 3 rounds the next time around, but if he survive the sixth round, win or lose, KO or not, I'll give him the full credit for his 'dramatic comeback', no if's and but's for me if that happens! So for the naysayers, let's just wait for the rematch. But in fairness to Marquez, let me tell say this: I think there are only two boxers who have the power (take note, I meant strictly in terms of power) to KO pac, and they are Valero annnnnn........nd the second one is no other than Marquez (and I'm not even trying to be a Mr. Niceguy here). But he just hasn't got the chin to move forward and follow up on his power shots cuz he'd most definitely lose in the exchange.

I've been waiting for someone to share those pics or vids of pac's swollen feet here, so I'm asking all the pinoys here to find one and share it here so everyone can see and judge for themselves. I'm not trying to convince those who want to believe pac is good for nothing, you know the usual ones out there who have nothing good to say about him, I just have no time for them good gals, except maybe in the bed.
    I disagree bro. Firstly,blisters or not,it's all a part of the fight game. Secondly,JMM was countering beautifully. It had nothing to do with Manny. Manny was left hand happy from the first round and because it got him success,he kept on trying to use,JMM adapted and won nearly every round. He boxed Manny's ears off. You say it's because Manny changed BUT if JMM had decided to counter from the first round and not exchange,he would have won the fight easily. The reason he survuved is because he adjusted,because he was caught cold in the first round. Remember,he rocked Manny to his boots at least 2/3 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This topic completely merged because of ElTerribleMorales

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft
    Quote Originally Posted by GP100
    I doubt if this is true maybe a knockdown but kayoed I thought "sparring" is supposed to be controlled and not all out.
    Oh yeah man. They have headgears but it's supposed to be all out war. Roach will NOT fully pay any sparmates that he hired for Pac if they quit or can't keep up. Those Pac or MAB's sparmates wants to make name for themselves while doing their job. They wanna be famous too. Someday they would say, "I bet the living crap out of him in sparring".
    When I was fighting in the Golden Gloves here in Indiana 24 years ago, we had fighters who thought that sparring was supposed to be all out wars but the idea is building up a fighter's timing, endurance and resistance, not getting the snot knocked out of you Pac.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes hard sparring is the best prepation tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    I doubt if this is true maybe a knockdown but kayoed I thought "sparring" is supposed to be controlled and not all out.
    Oh yeah man. They have headgears but it's supposed to be all out war. Roach will NOT fully pay any sparmates that he hired for Pac if they quit or can't keep up. Those Pac or MAB's sparmates wants to make name for themselves while doing their job. They wanna be famous too. Someday they would say, "I bet the living crap out of him in sparring".
    When I was fighting in the Golden Gloves here in Indiana 24 years ago, we had fighters who thought that sparring was supposed to be all out wars but the idea is building up a fighter's timing, endurance and resistance, not getting the snot knocked out of you Pac.
    Not all sparring situation are the same. All out wars sometimes gets heated to the point the other fighter ending kissing the canvas.

However, I was browsing a minute ago,... I just wanna share this good article that I found (related to this topic):

Barrera Already On The Canvas?

by Matthew Hurley: The upcoming rematch between Marco Antonio Barrera and Manny Pacquiao has more people wondering if Barrera has anything left rather than if there could be a reversal of Pacquiao’s 11th round knockout of the “Baby Faced Assassin” back in 2003. The rematch was a natural about three years ago but now this bout between two of the preeminent fighters of the era seems more of a formality than anything else. And now there is news out of Mexico City that a sparring partner may have knocked Barrera out cold..

Whatever the case may be Pacquiao and Barrera seem to be two fighters going in opposite directions. It isn’t inconceivable to envision Barrera falling in this bout in much the same fashion that Erik Morales did to the “Pac Man”. Or, for that matter, as Jose Luis Castillo did against Ricky Hatton. All fighters reach a point of no return and much like his most heated rival Morales, Barrera has been in one war after another and his body is breaking down, albeit at a slower rate than “El Terrible’s”. It has become more and more difficult for Barrera to fight three minutes of every round and that sloth nearly cost him in his first bout with Rocky Juarez and finally did catch up with him in his bout against Juan Manuel Marquez.

This signing of this bout also smacks of a perfect business opportunity. Most fight fans and boxing insiders would have preferred a rematch between Pacquiao and the more deserving Marquez who fought to a draw in 2004. Having beaten Barrera logic would dictate that Marquez would get the prize but once Golden Boy Promotions, which handles Barrera, and Top Rank, which handles Pacquiao settled their differences the rematch was the first order of business the two companies hashed out. Basically the once warring promotional firms came to the agreement that bouts between Pacquiao and Golden Boy fighters will be co-promoted. When Pacquiao fights opponents outside of fighters under Golden Boy Promotions, Top Rank will promote the fight with Golden Boy maintaining a promotional interest, which means they will be paid a fee.

Still all of this should not take away from the fact that if any fighter deserves one final shot at glory it is Barrera. He has certainly more than proven his worth during his Hall of Fame career and should be able to go out on his own terms. Despite the fact that, much like before Erik Morales’ third fight with Pacquiao, most experts think Barrera just might be in over his head. But never say that to a warrior like Marco Antonio Barrera. His pride has willed him through one tough bout after another when his talent could not quite get the job done against the best fighters of his era. It was that pride that raised his game to another level and elevated him to victory. And, there is always the sense that every great fighter has one last supreme effort left in him even when it appears there should be nothing left. Erik Morales recently proved that with his stirring showing against David Diaz in August.

So, will these rumors of Barrera being knocked out in training be a harbinger of things to come against Pacquiao? Or are they just rumors tossed out to further inflate the confidence of an already supremely confident, and perhaps distracted Manny Pacquiao? We’ll find out on October 6th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    Not all sparring situation are the same. All out wars sometimes gets heated to the point the other fighter ending kissing the canvas.

However, I was browsing a minute ago,... I just wanna share this good article that I found (related to this topic):

Barrera Already On The Canvas?

by Matthew Hurley: The upcoming rematch between Marco Antonio Barrera and Manny Pacquiao has more people wondering if Barrera has anything left rather than if there could be a reversal of Pacquiao’s 11th round knockout of the “Baby Faced Assassin” back in 2003. The rematch was a natural about three years ago but now this bout between two of the preeminent fighters of the era seems more of a formality than anything else. And now there is news out of Mexico City that a sparring partner may have knocked Barrera out cold..

Whatever the case may be Pacquiao and Barrera seem to be two fighters going in opposite directions. It isn’t inconceivable to envision Barrera falling in this bout in much the same fashion that Erik Morales did to the “Pac Man”. Or, for that matter, as Jose Luis Castillo did against Ricky Hatton. All fighters reach a point of no return and much like his most heated rival Morales, Barrera has been in one war after another and his body is breaking down, albeit at a slower rate than “El Terrible’s”. It has become more and more difficult for Barrera to fight three minutes of every round and that sloth nearly cost him in his first bout with Rocky Juarez and finally did catch up with him in his bout against Juan Manuel Marquez.

This signing of this bout also smacks of a perfect business opportunity. Most fight fans and boxing insiders would have preferred a rematch between Pacquiao and the more deserving Marquez who fought to a draw in 2004. Having beaten Barrera logic would dictate that Marquez would get the prize but once Golden Boy Promotions, which handles Barrera, and Top Rank, which handles Pacquiao settled their differences the rematch was the first order of business the two companies hashed out. Basically the once warring promotional firms came to the agreement that bouts between Pacquiao and Golden Boy fighters will be co-promoted. When Pacquiao fights opponents outside of fighters under Golden Boy Promotions, Top Rank will promote the fight with Golden Boy maintaining a promotional interest, which means they will be paid a fee.

Still all of this should not take away from the fact that if any fighter deserves one final shot at glory it is Barrera. He has certainly more than proven his worth during his Hall of Fame career and should be able to go out on his own terms. Despite the fact that, much like before Erik Morales’ third fight with Pacquiao, most experts think Barrera just might be in over his head. But never say that to a warrior like Marco Antonio Barrera. His pride has willed him through one tough bout after another when his talent could not quite get the job done against the best fighters of his era. It was that pride that raised his game to another level and elevated him to victory. And, there is always the sense that every great fighter has one last supreme effort left in him even when it appears there should be nothing left. Erik Morales recently proved that with his stirring showing against David Diaz in August.

So, will these rumors of Barrera being knocked out in training be a harbinger of things to come against Pacquiao? Or are they just rumors tossed out to further inflate the confidence of an already supremely confident, and perhaps distracted Manny Pacquiao? We’ll find out on October 6th.

I see your point with the highlighted comment. CC.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cc back LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that was a nice article there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    that was a nice article there.
    Yeah, it's hard to find a nuetral article.

Cc back

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here's another update on Pacquiao.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...ticle_id=90735

Thread Information