6. Pernell
    7. Britton
    8. Lewis
    9. ODLH
    10. Ike

*I rank SRR as a Middleweight.
    ** I rank Duran as a Lighweight.
    Good list but Griffith is too high imo.
    Well to each is own... I think Griffith is underrated as a fighter. I also think hes rightfully where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    1. 'Mantequilla'
    2. Griffith
    3. SRL
    4. Armstrong
    5. Trinidad
    6. Pernell
    7. Britton
    8. Lewis
    9. ODLH
    10. Ike

No hearns?
    Well you know what I think fighters like Hearns are a bit hard to try and figure out what division to rank them in cause their stays in divsions weren't for too long and the ones they did stay in you have to look at quality of opposition and all.
    Hearns career as a Welter falls short compared to the rest. He beat Espada & Cuevas and then lost to SRL.
    I would rank Hearns as a Light Middleweight where he beat Benitez, Minchillo & Duran.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Top 10 all time welter weights

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    1. 'Mantequilla'
    2. Griffith
    3. SRL
    4. Armstrong
    5. Trinidad
    6. Pernell
    7. Britton
    8. Lewis
    9. ODLH
    10. Ike

Well to each is own... I think Griffith is underrated as a fighter. I also think hes rightfully where he belongs.

1. 'Mantequilla'
    2. Griffith
    3. SRL
    4. Armstrong
    5. Trinidad
    6. Pernell
    7. Britton
    8. Lewis
    9. ODLH
    10. Ike

No hearns?
    Well you know what I think fighters like Hearns are a bit hard to try and figure out what division to rank them in cause their stays in divsions weren't for too long and the ones they did stay in you have to look at quality of opposition and all.
    Hearns career as a Welter falls short compared to the rest. He beat Espada & Cuevas and then lost to SRL.
    I would rank Hearns as a Light Middleweight where he beat Benitez, Minchillo & Duran.
    You know what Mick i thought i would find it easy doing Welterweight list but it wasn't because most of them moved up in weight and i kept fiddling about with my list.

I hate it when i think i got it right then find another mistake and then keep fiddling about with my list and then once i start then i have to change my whole list frustrating i can tell you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. 'Mantequilla'
    2. Griffith
    3. SRL
    4. Armstrong
    5. Trinidad
    6. Pernell
    7. Britton
    8. Lewis
    9. ODLH
    10. Ike

1. 'Mantequilla'
    2. Griffith
    3. SRL
    4. Armstrong
    5. Trinidad
    6. Pernell
    7. Britton
    8. Lewis
    9. ODLH
    10. Ike

No hearns?
    Yeah i guess its how u want to rank them. As u say Hearns best wins were probably at 154, but i think there is no doubt he is one of the top ten most talented ww' of all time. I see how it is tricky.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what Mick i thought i would find it easy doing Welterweight list but it wasn't because most of them moved up in weight and i kept fiddling about with my list.

I hate it when i think i got it right then find another mistake and then keep fiddling about with my list and then once i start then i have to change my whole list frustrating i can tell you
    I know what your saying ICB fighters moved up in weight and just didn't stay there for long...
    Yet another reason why I ranked Griffith so high, it's a best Welterweight list as a Welter career.
    Not who could beat who list, cause in that case I would list ODLH as #1 Welter cause I think he beats them all as a Welterweight.

ICB Guest

I know what your saying ICB fighters moved up in weight and just didn't stay there for long...
    Yet another reason why I ranked Griffith so high, it's a best Welterweight list as a Welter career.
    Not who could beat who list, cause in that case I would list ODLH as #1 Welter cause I think he beats them all as a Welterweight.
    Agreed with most of your statement except last bit out of the ones you listed prime Whitaker would beat Oscar 100 percent in my mind and Ditto with SRL aswell and maybe Quartey but im not going to turn into a debate so i'll leave it there and for a good effort on your list.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How would Oscar beat everyone if he lost to Mosely and to Tito wither or not you thought Tito won or not he stil beat Oscar i would also pick Sugar Ray Robinson to beat him Along with Sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns but that is just me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just me, but I only truly feel like I know a fighter if I have been alive and following boxing during their era, I couldn't truly tell you if I thought Henry Armstrong was better than Barney Ross.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar beats any welter in history?

I think you've been overdosing on Oscar's sexy new pics and are a bit giddy from the euphoria caused by 24 hours of solid wanking. You're rating him as the perfect tranny and not as a fighter imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

Oscar beats any welter in history?

I think you've been overdosing on Oscar's sexy new pics and are a bit giddy from the euphoria caused by 24 hours of solid wanking. You're rating him as the perfect tranny and not as a fighter imo.
    Yeah i gotta say i think SRL, Hearns, etc would beat DLH. Hell he got beaten at ww by lesser fighters than those two.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar for the most part of his career was beat in the big fights but i not saying his bad but he is not the best welter there ever was

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And maybe we should make couple of different list because it is hard to compare fighters that are over 30 years apart but that might just be me

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First 2 in order the rest are just names I think belong

Sugar Ray Robinson

Henry Armstrong

Sugar Ray Leonard

Mickey Walker

Barney Ross

Emile Griffith

Carmen Basilio

Kid Gavilan

Luis Rodriguez

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H

Sugar Ray Robinson

Henry Armstrong

Sugar Ray Leonard

Mickey Walker

Barney Ross

Emile Griffith

Carmen Basilio

Kid Gavilan

Luis Rodriguez

Some pretty good lists here guys. H,who is Luis Rodriguez and Mickey Walker?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H

Sugar Ray Robinson

Henry Armstrong

Sugar Ray Leonard

Mickey Walker

Barney Ross

Emile Griffith

Carmen Basilio

Kid Gavilan

Luis Rodriguez

Some pretty good lists here guys. H,who is Luis Rodriguez and Mickey Walker?
    Cheers mate

Mickey Walker was an awesome fighter from the 20s and 30s - check him out

Rodriquez won the title from Emile Griffith - had an awesome record
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow,Wlaker seemed like a fierce fighter(just checking his records on the net) and Rodriguez fught alot of quality of opposition,did he lose to Griffith like 3 times via SD and won won UD?!

Thread Information