Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IF Taylor and Calzaghe win,they(possibly) meet next year.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default IF Taylor and Calzaghe win,they(possibly) meet next year.

Just read this on another site,if JT beats Kelly and JC beats Kess,they'll fight next year. To show how serious he is,JT is considering flying to Wales to see the Kessler fight. JT said if the money is right,he'll even come to the UK.

2 points about this: first,he really really needs to STFU and focus on Kelly. Taylor and Steward are doing whatever they can to demean Pavlik,say he;s average,we've beaten him before and now looking past him. He's being too cocky,and I don't know whether he's saying these things because he believes them or because he needs the confidence himself.

Secondly: If all JT fans,JT and Steward are moaning about JT fighting 3 southpaws,looking like crap,then why fight another one? Calzaghe is no blown up 154 pounder. He's a big strong 168 pounder and I'd bet my ass,he would give Taylor a worse shclacking than he gave to Lacy.Too big,strong and fast,AND southpaw!

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IF Taylor and Calzaghe win,they(possibly) meet next year.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Just read this on another site,if JT beats Kelly and JC beats Kess,they'll fight next year. To show how serious he is,JT is considering flying to Wales to see the Kessler fight. JT said if the money is right,he'll even come to the UK.

2 points about this: first,he really really needs to STFU and focus on Kelly. Taylor and Steward are doing whatever they can to demean Pavlik,say he;s average,we've beaten him before and now looking past him. He's being too cocky,and I don't know whether he's saying these things because he believes them or because he needs the confidence himself.

Secondly: If all JT fans,JT and Steward are moaning about JT fighting 3 southpaws,looking like crap,then why fight another one? Calzaghe is no blown up 154 pounder. He's a big strong 168 pounder and I'd bet my a**,he would give Taylor a worse shclacking than he gave to Lacy.Too big,strong and fast,AND southpaw!

Thoughts?
    Initial thoughts:

Taylor has lots of talent - no doubt. But he is a lazy money grabbing bum!! Unless he has a complete chnage of attitude Pavlick will outwork him and UD him badly.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, if he wants to talk about Pavlik he should beat him and then talk. Otherwise he may be setting himself up for a serious case of foot in mouth sytndrome.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Taylor is looking past Pavlik then he is even more of an idiot than I thought he was

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Secondly: If all JT fans,JT and Steward are moaning about JT fighting 3 southpaws,looking like crap,then why fight another one? Calzaghe is no blown up 154 pounder. He's a big strong 168 pounder and I'd bet my a**,he would give Taylor a worse shclacking than he gave to Lacy.Too big,strong and fast,AND southpaw!

Thoughts?
    Initial thoughts:

Taylor has lots of talent - no doubt. But he is a lazy money grabbing bum!! Unless he has a complete chnage of attitude Pavlick will outwork him and UD him badly.
    Totally agree although if he REALLY undermines Kelly,I think he's getting KTFO out. Kelly hits P4P hard imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Agreed, if he wants to talk about Pavlik he should beat him and then talk. Otherwise he may be setting himself up for a serious case of foot in mouth sytndrome.
    LOL,agreed again bro. He's opening his mouth too much for my liking too.

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    If Taylor is looking past Pavlik then he is even more of an idiot than I thought he was
    Totally agree. I've really gone off JT recently,what happened to the nice,well mannered respectful fighter. He's grown a big mouth over night. And that big mouth came from 2 woeful performances.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Pavlik will save Taylor the airfare by mullering him. Any fight involving Pavlik seems a whole lot more appealing than ones involving Taylor.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although that is true i do feel that a "good" JT could do wonders for the middleweight division and boxing as a whole.
    Should Taylor return to good form and manage to pull of a dominant win, i would back him against most. His image could be greatly beneficial to the sport and he could make a good case for himself in terms of p4p status should mayweather and b-hop retire.

I think the Pavlik fight is perfect at this stage of his career. He has arrived at a cross roads. Option A is travel the road of the mediocre forgettable fighter(which he has journeyed upon in the Spinks/Ouma debacles.) Option B is travel th steeper road bound for Cannastota and the History books.
    He has the ability, the skils, the heart and the will. But is he missing the X ingredient? Well a Pavlik fight is the perfect test for this. Should he choose to take route A against Pavlik and fight poorly he will be decimatedby the puncher, lambasted by the press and eventually forgotten by the fans. Should he take a sprint at Option B, he will still find himself in a tough fight, but one i feel is winnable for a psychologically well prepared Taylor.

Hope he does this hope he sorts himself out and grits his teeth.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like his image - he isn't interested in boxing, doesn't even seem to like it - doesn't care about a legacy - just about the money. Atleast he's honest about it I spose
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like his image - he isn't interested in boxing, doesn't even seem to like it - doesn't care about a legacy - just about the money. Atleast he's honest about it I spose
    Well stated point...which is odd because Taylor wasn't like this a few years back prior to fighting Hopkins & Wright. Taylor was young, hungry, & ready to rule...but he became HBO's honeypot & started believing the hype & IWO he just aint hungry enough anymore.

Maybe now that JT's hometown people are giving him the shaft...maybe now he'll be ready to step back up to the plate.

Much respect to him for fighting Hopkins & Wright...really...but he didn't shine against either one.

Taking Pavlik lightly would be the most ignorant corn-fed thing for Taylor to do.

A focused Taylor will give Pavlik fits...anything else from Taylor & he needs to sign up as a pro lightbulb counter.

All that being said...I want Pavlik to win.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the next logical fight for both of them if they both win.. Im backing JC to beat MK, and i would back him to beat JT.. If he does then there is nothing left fot him at SMW apart from maybe Froch..

He should then step up to light Heavy Hopkins and unify the belts there..

He would go down as an all time great and the greatest SMW ever.

Whats ur thoughts??
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna
    This is the next logical fight for both of them if they both win.. Im backing JC to beat MK, and i would back him to beat JT.. If he does then there is nothing left fot him at SMW apart from maybe Froch..

He should then step up to light Heavy Hopkins and unify the belts there..

He would go down as an all time great and the greatest SMW ever.

Whats ur thoughts??
    If Calzaghe Hopkins is ever going to come off, Joe would have to travel to the US and make it his next fight after Kessler... I don't think Hopkins should ever fight again anyways, he finally looked like an old fighter against Wright.. Not that his legacy isn't sealed, but Hop just doesn't do himself justice by fighting Calzaghe at this point, I don't think he can win it. Had he fought him anywhere from after Trinidad to last year Id give him a great chance.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Well stated point...which is odd because Taylor wasn't like this a few years back prior to fighting Hopkins & Wright. Taylor was young, hungry, & ready to rule...but he became HBO's honeypot & started believing the hype & IWO he just aint hungry enough anymore.

Maybe now that JT's hometown people are giving him the shaft...maybe now he'll be ready to step back up to the plate.

Much respect to him for fighting Hopkins & Wright...really...but he didn't shine against either one.

Taking Pavlik lightly would be the most ignorant corn-fed thing for Taylor to do.

A focused Taylor will give Pavlik fits...anything else from Taylor & he needs to sign up as a pro lightbulb counter.

All that being said...I want Pavlik to win.
    CC Back

Thread Information