Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WHO WILL BE EXPOSED?

With all the big fights coming up, there is a big chance that some of those undefeated fighters on show could be exposed as frauds or atleast not as good as many first thought.
    On the flipside one of those fighters could shine in their contest, and prove to be greater than anyone thought.

Its a hard one to pick.
    For me i think Kessler will shine against Calzaghe. Im not entirely confident but i think many casual boxing fans will be surprised by the sheer size of Kess at 168. I think he will atleast give Calzaghe his toughest fight, and has a good chance of dethroning the champ.
    Pavlik may struggle v Taylor. Altho i'd like to see him win. I think he is still a little untested. One good win against a decnt opponent may not stack up against a guy who has fought evenly with BHOP and Winky.

So who do u guys think will shine or be exposed?
    Hatton, Mayweather, Calzaghe, Kessler, Cotto?
    Please give reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WHO WILL BE EXPOSED?

TAYLOR, KESSLER, and HATTON.

I like Ricky to win, but I don't see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see fighters being exposed, we all know what the guys in question can do, it's more who's tools work against their opponents. All 6 guys mentioned are top fighters, win lose or draw.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the fighers you mentioned, with the exception of Pavlik, are already established as top level fighters, so I don't know if they can be "exposed" per say, but I think Taylor and PBF will win their bouts fairly convincingly. I think Cotto may well get stopped by Mosley or at least widely outpointed, but I'm in the minority there I think. I also think that whoever wins between Calzaghe - Kessler in going to be accused of getting a gift decision, that fight I think will be the closest of them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    I don't see fighters being exposed, we all know what the guys in question can do, it's more who's tools work against their opponents. All 6 guys mentioned are top fighters, win lose or draw.
    I'm not sure we do know what all the fighters can do. Hatton(maybe), Kessler, Pavlik, Cotto, hey even Calzaghe are arguably stepping up to a much higher level than they've been before. Mosely, Taylor and Mayweather are probably the ones we know most about, becuase they have fought more top level opponents than the rest. I just have a feeling that some guy will come out of these fights a new superstar in boxing eg if Pavlik KO's Taylor, and someone will come out exposed eg. if Cotto is easily outobxed by Mosely. Its all theory tho and u may have a point.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, except in the case of Pavlik. Not that he hasn't had a couple good performances, but he may have vast limitations which we haven't seen yet, as he hasn't really fought one remotely skilled boxer.. If anyone is potentially getting exposed as a fighter who has been overrated etc., it's Pavlik.. If Taylor uses his jab well, Pavlik may not have an answer for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Agreed, except in the case of Pavlik. Not that he hasn't had a couple good performances, but he may have vast limitations which we haven't seen yet, as he hasn't really fought one remotely skilled boxer.. If anyone is potentially getting exposed as a fighter who has been overrated etc., it's Pavlik.. If Taylor uses his jab well, Pavlik may not have an answer for it.
    Pavlik is a top level contender, even if he gets knocked out he's still a top level contender. I think exposed is the wrong way to describe it, but I know what you mean too.

That's the great thing about these match ups, that's why this year is so great for boxing, if it's a top fighter vs an untested "hyped" fighter if they lose they're exposed. When it's 2 tested fighters it's just finding out who's the best. Even if Cotto, Pavlik, Kessler or Hatton get knocked out, even in the first round it's not like they're gonna be knocked down a peg, they'll still be the lesser of their opponent. If Calzaghe, Taylor, Mosley or Mayweather get beat, they won't be "exposed" cos they already have their credentials.

Someone getting exposed is like when Judah got KTFO by Tszyu, or Bojado against Jesse James Leija or Rubio. It was just plain to see that they weren't all that to begin with.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

SigmaMu Guest

There are two men who should be on their way out anyway, that being Calzaghe and Mosley.
    None of the young fighters will necessarly be exposed. If any of them lose, they will bounce back in a heart beat. Bottom line is...Some one has to lose. There should be no shame for any of these guys if they lose as long as they put up a good fight and go out their shield if they have to.

Is going out on your shield even a real term? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    There are two men who should be on their way out anyway, that being Calzaghe and Mosley.
    None of the young fighters will necessarly be exposed. If any of them lose, they will bounce back in a heart beat. Bottom line is...Some one has to lose. There should be no shame for any of these guys if they lose as long as they put up a good fight and go out their shield if they have to.

Is going out on your shield even a real term? lol
    By exposed i mean losing every round, or being ko'd early. Of sourse they are not exposed if they make a close fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    With all the big fights coming up, there is a big chance that some of those undefeated fighters on show could be exposed as frauds or atleast not as good as many first thought.
    On the flipside one of those fighters could shine in their contest, and prove to be greater than anyone thought.

Its a hard one to pick.
    For me i think Kessler will shine against Calzaghe. Im not entirely confident but i think many casual boxing fans will be surprised by the sheer size of Kess at 168. I think he will atleast give Calzaghe his toughest fight, and has a good chance of dethroning the champ.
    Pavlik may struggle v Taylor. Altho i'd like to see him win. I think he is still a little untested. One good win against a decnt opponent may not stack up against a guy who has fought evenly with BHOP and Winky.

So who do u guys think will shine or be exposed?
    Hatton, Mayweather, Calzaghe, Kessler, Cotto?
    Please give reasons.
    I think Taylor will be exposed. It seems he has been feasting on better scorecards than opponents since winning the title. It kind of reminds me of 2000 USA presidential election. The guy who seemed to win, lost due to the way the electoral college voted, rather than how the majority of people felt. Just a opinion.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Calzaghe - Kessler fight, if any could expose either guy.

We dont know a great deal about Kessler but the general opinion is that He is bigger, stronger, younger, hungrier & more importantly, the 'heir apparent' to the 168 throne. If he gets beat convincingly, he'll be exposed and perceived as the 'heir apparently not.'

Theres a broad section of boxing fans who feel that Calzaghe is the man at 168 and as a worthy champion he should give a good account of him self against the lesser experienced Kessler.

If he looses to Kessler convincingly... Even given his age, he too will be perceived as exposed.

Its a proper bang on 50/50 this one.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a huge weight of importance over the Calzaghe Kessler fight!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think any of those guys will be exposed, they're all top quality fighters, even a one-sided loss will probably be down to the other guy performing great.

If anyone will look like they're being totally outclassed it'll be Hatton, unfortunately, but that's understandable.

But one thing I'm certain of - The guy that will be forgotten fastest, should he lose, will be Kessler. All the Calzaghe haters masquerading as Kessler fans will instantly sling him into the overrated-untested-Eurobum club. Which is pretty sad, especially for the true Kessler fans.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say pavlik for the same reasons given above, there was very little mentioned about him before the miranda fight and now all of the sudden he's this great fighter. He's stepping up to a whole different level of competition in taylor weather you like him or not. One guy is coming off fighting no matter how unimpressive guys like hopkins, wright, spinks, ouma, joppy....the others resume basically reads miranda. Just my thoughts i could be wrong about this guy since myself like other really didn't start to follow him till a couple of fights ago......ultimatly i'm watching the fight with just as much interest in berto as the main event. I'll be pulling for pavlik, but i see taylor finally coming around for a big win.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor will shine: has more experience & the will to succeed!

Cotto: because I believe that he is versitile & knows how to handle tough situations & still come out on top!~

Mayweather: Cuz as much as I hate to say it, Hatton's style is taylor made for PBF & Hatton will look bad in the ring with PBF!
    I want Hatton to win so he can face Oscar in 2008!

I'd like to see Roy/Hopkins II, picking B-hop to whooop that azz

Thread Information