0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So Long Joe Calzaghe, So Long

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    Yeh Calzaghe is an overrated bum [b]just read Bernard Hopkins passage about him in this weeks BOXING NEWS MAGAZINE and he was spot on[b], he didn't half make me laugh .

Kessler will destroy Calzaghe.
    Roughly,

what did he say?
    Hey Fenster and others here's some quotes.

BERNARD HOPKINS (THE MAIN POINTS) ON JOE CALZAGHE:

"Let me set this straight once and for all-I don't mind fighting Calzaghe, but not until he stops making ridiculous demands"

"They could stand Calzaghe in the streets of New York City, on the corner of 5th & Broadway, and nobody would know who the hell he is"

"As far as I'm concerned the only legimate and recognisable names on Calzaghe's record are Charles Brewer and Jeff Lacy. Brewer used to be my sparring partner and really Lacy was just thrown to the wolves. And please don't anybody mention Calzaghe fighting that 'Contender'."

"What he and Frank Warren need to understand is that the only way I'll ever fight him in Wales is if they find a street somwhere in Philadelphia named Wales"

Haha Bernard's a legend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"What he and Frank Warren need to understand is that the only way I'll ever fight him in Wales is if they find a street somwhere in Philadelphia named Wales"
    That belongs in the great boxing quotes

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh Calzaghe is an overrated bum just read Bernard Hopkins passage about him in this weeks BOXING NEWS MAGAZINE and he was spot on, he didn't half make me laugh .

Kessler will destroy Calzaghe.
    Overrated bum? Bums a bit much... and as for being overrated... Marciano is your number one heavyweight of all time...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe will duff up Kessler something silly. The easiest of my fall picks. Kessler hasnt put a glove upon anybody that compares to Calzaghe yet.

Will be competive for a few rounds but after its Calzaghe all the way. Kessler is out of his depth. A good fighter for the future but all wrong for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano's a true legend 49-0 with proper opponents and an 88% KO rate and beat contenders like Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott TWICE, Ezzard Charles TWICE, Archie Moore etc. Big wow he didn't fight Ali but I believe he would have beet Ali like some others do. He's a true Boxing legend.

Joe Calzaghe is a total joke. A world title fight of his 2Oth defence and he chooses Peter Manfredo COME ON how low can you get AND THE FUNNY THING IS MANFREDO NEVER EVEN WON THE CONTENDER SHOW . Let's look hu else he BEAT. Beat an overrated Lacy, Eubank years ago and he still goes on about it, Sakio Bika hues AVERAGE

Tocker Pudwill
    Kabary Salem
    Evans Ashira
    Rick Thornberry
    Branko Sobot
    Mger Mkrtchian
    Miguel Angel Jimenez

Come on Bro please look at the above names they might have good records but have beat nobodys and not really World Champion contenders. So Joe Calzaghe he bloody well should be undefeated fighting fighters like that. All in his backyard as well. One of the reasons I really respect Ricky Hatton for is having the balls to go to the US and fight the best. 3 world champs at two different weights in his last four fights for Hatton and one unification bout and he won them all. Joe is a joke mate just accept it, yes he's got talent but it's wasted British talent. Where is Calzaghe-Ottke at least Hatton fought Kostya Tszyu the main one in his division no matter how old he was because 7 months earlier he knocked out Sharma Mitchell in 3 so he couldn't of been that much past it.

You want me to talk about Hopkins opponents like De La Hoya, Joppy, Trinidad, Wright, Allen, Johnson, Tarver

And it's all down to Fat Frank Warren.

CC Anyway mate I do know where your coming from. It just pisses me off when people talk about how great Calzaghe is and ability wise he's phenominal yeh but his record isn't fantastic in terms of fighters he's fought and I say again he is a waste of British talent .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano's a true legend 49-0 with proper opponents and an 88% KO rate and beat contenders like Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott TWICE, Ezzard Charles TWICE, Archie Moore etc. Big wow he didn't fight Ali but I believe he would have beet Ali like some others do. He's a true Boxing legend.

Joe Calzaghe is a total joke. A world title fight of his 2Oth defence and he chooses Peter Manfredo COME ON how low can you get AND THE FUNNY THING IS MANFREDO NEVER EVEN WON THE CONTENDER SHOW . Let's look hu else he BEAT. Beat an overrated Lacy, Eubank years ago and he still goes on about it, Sakio Bika hues AVERAGE

Tocker Pudwill
    Kabary Salem
    Evans Ashira
    Rick Thornberry
    Branko Sobot
    Mger Mkrtchian
    Miguel Angel Jimenez

Come on Bro please look at the above names they might have good records but have beat nobodys and not really World Champion contenders. So Joe Calzaghe he bloody well should be undefeated fighting fighters like that. All in his backyard as well. One of the reasons I really respect Ricky Hatton for is having the balls to go to the US and fight the best. 3 world champs at two different weights in his last four fights for Hatton and one unification bout and he won them all. Joe is a joke mate just accept it, yes he's got talent but it's wasted British talent. Where is Calzaghe-Ottke at least Hatton fought Kostya Tszyu the main one in his division no matter how old he was because 7 months earlier he knocked out Sharma Mitchell in 3 so he couldn't of been that much past it.

You want me to talk about Hopkins opponents like De La Hoya, Joppy, Trinidad, Wright, Allen, Johnson, Tarver

CC Anyway mate I do know where your coming from. It just pisses me off when people talk about how great Calzaghe is and ability wise he's phenominal yeh but his record isn't fantastic in terms of fighters he's fought and I say again he is a waste of British talent .
    Oh fuck off, troll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going with JC on this one he has underrated ring smartness
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    It's Joe's fight to win or lose. The guys at Eastside are so biased. They make it seem like because he's older he has no chance. He seemed in pretty good form when he was pummeling Peter Manfredo. The only real concern I have about him is his brittle hands. Kessler is good, but I would rate him as a rich man's Jeff Lacy.
    That's unfair to Kessler, he's a little more tested than Lacy. More experienced and more technically sound from what i've seen. He's the real deal
    You're assuming I'm knocking Jeff Lacy and I'm not. I think Lacy may have been overhyped but the pendulum swung the other way and now people think he's one of the biggest busts ever. He just came up against a superior opponent. I think Lacy is still good and will show that in the future and that Kessler is a better version, thus a rich man's Jeff Lacy.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tocker Pudwill
    Kabary Salem
    Evans Ashira
    Rick Thornberry
    Branko Sobot
    Mger Mkrtchian
    Miguel Angel Jimenez

Ali would have beat Marciano EASILY. Marciano was too small to compete with Ali's generation of heavyweights. He wasn't even 200 pounds. And with Ali having superior speed and decent power Marciano would have realized he was on the canvas several times before feeling the punch. Marciano was in an era where the heavyweight division was rebuilding- the names on his list were guys who were long in the tooth.
    Oops

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

Tocker Pudwill
    Kabary Salem
    Evans Ashira
    Rick Thornberry
    Branko Sobot
    Mger Mkrtchian
    Miguel Angel Jimenez

Oh F*** off, troll

That was a bit harsh dude..I'm not a fan of Marciano but apart from that everything he said about Calzaghe had some truth in it wouldn't you agree? I think he summed it up perfectly with his last paragraph to be honest.

Either way something just tells me Joe is gonna nick it..somehow, some way he's gonna produce the goods.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano's a true legend 49-0 with proper opponents and an 88% KO rate and beat contenders like Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott TWICE, Ezzard Charles TWICE, Archie Moore etc. Big wow he didn't fight Ali but I believe he
    Yep the 38 year old , 80 fight veteran Walcott that led after 12 rounds

The 90 fight veteran and former Middleweight Ezzard Charles

...and the 40 Year Old 180 fight Light Heavyweight Archie Moore
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AND... at the end of the day Rocky Marciano is the only unbdefeated heavyweight champ to this day and nobody can change that and if you think Walcott did lead after 12 rounds wouldn't that make the win even better

Anyways can't be arsed goin on, am not here for arguments just to voice my opinion on what I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for agreeing bro (Althugz) and I do feel Marciano-Ali could of went either way. I pick Rocky anyone else can pick Ali I don't blame them and would not be surprised if Ali won at all, there both two quality fighters but Marciano gets the nod for me, I really cba for an Ali-Marciano debate I posted one on the predictions board so check it out if you want.

Don't worry bro miles is just pissed off because he knows I'm right and hasn't even got the balls to say it. Call himself a man, lmfao what a F****** wanker at least I can back my opinion up with TRUE points.

And Miles WTF are you chatin "Kessler is out of his depth" Don't open your mouth if your coming out with such bullshit like that. kessler is willing to travel and win. Going to Aus to beat Mundine, destroying Andrade, beating Beyer and Lucas and Unifying in his 4th world title fight. Yeh Kessler really can't compete with Calzaghe

Miles that statement Bro has just showed me how much you know about boxing, have a look what Ice cold said about Kessler below regarding the Jeff Lacy issue. HAHA LMAO can't compete with Calzaghe my ass

CC People

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    It's Joe's fight to win or lose. The guys at Eastside are so biased. They make it seem like because he's older he has no chance. He seemed in pretty good form when he was pummeling Peter Manfredo. The only real concern I have about him is his brittle hands. Kessler is good, but I would rate him as a rich man's Jeff Lacy.
    That's unfair to Kessler, he's a little more tested than Lacy. More experienced and more technically sound from what i've seen. He's the real deal
    You're assuming I'm knocking Jeff Lacy and I'm not. I think Lacy may have been overhyped but the pendulum swung the other way and now people think he's one of the biggest busts ever. He just came up against a superior opponent. I think Lacy is still good and will show that in the future and that Kessler is a better version, thus a rich man's Jeff Lacy.
    Kessler and Lacy are nothing a like what so ever Lacy was shorter had no defence and was just looking for the one big shot all the time Kessler has good defence is much taller has a great jab great boxing skills and very crisp and quick combination's Kessler is a much better boxer than Lacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Marciano's a true legend 49-0 with proper opponents and an 88% KO rate and beat contenders like Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott TWICE, Ezzard Charles TWICE, Archie Moore etc. Big wow he didn't fight Ali but I believe he
    Yep the 38 year old , 80 fight veteran Walcott that led after 12 rounds

The 90 fight veteran and former Middleweight Ezzard Charles

...and the 40 Year Old 180 fight Light Heavyweight Archie Moore
    He beat the men in front of him,unlike Joe,who just found some different men.
    Good for him for taking this fight,but Im reserving judgment until I see the results

Thread Information