27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So Long Joe Calzaghe, So Long

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Have you ever thought that perhaps JC just had Lacy's number and took away his strengths straight from the 1st bell?
    Well thats obvisious of course he does but Lacy was seriously overrated and wasn't nearly as good as he was made out to be.
    And I suppoose you knew that and were saying that before the fight too was ya?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Have you ever thought that perhaps JC just had Lacy's number and took away his strengths straight from the 1st bell?
    Well thats obvisious of course he does but Lacy was seriously overrated and wasn't nearly as good as he was made out to be.
    And I suppoose you knew that and were saying that before the fight too was ya?
    Actually yes i did because i had seen his fights vs Vanderpool and Sheika i thought Calzaghe would win by about 5 rounds but i didn't think he would dominate like that so fair play but i knew Lacy wasn't nowhere near as good as he was made to be and one thing i noticed before the fight even started was that Lacy looked scared and tight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy is a great fighter , very strong .. a good person to be around. ... Calzaghe beat a tremendous fighter that night make no mistake ,, Jeff Lacy showedgreat courage , Jeff was hurt badly very early in the match, he could not overcome the adverse effects of the Calzaghe onslaught. a lesser man would have folded up tent... Lacy fought on bravely and took his beating like a warrior...

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Lacy is a great fighter , very strong .. a good person to be around. ... Calzaghe beat a tremendous fighter that night make no mistake ,, Jeff Lacy showedgreat courage , Jeff was hurt badly very early in the match, he could not overcome the adverse effects of the Calzaghe onslaught. a lesser man would have folded up tent... Lacy fought on bravely and took his beating like a warrior...
    Did you see his fighs vs Vanderpool and Sheika ?? Lacy is not a great fighter i admire his courage the way he took his beating but he is and was never great fighter.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you see his fighs vs Vanderpool and Sheika ?? Lacy is not a great fighter i admire his courage the way he took his beating but he is and was never great fighter.
    It was after Vanderpool and Sheika that he had his face all over Super Bowl and was billed as the Middleweight Mike Tyson. Also a big favourite for the fight. All I can say is if you picked it right then you are better than most boxers and boxing writers in the world who Lacy must've had fooled
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeff is top shelf mate . He was in tuff those matches. good fighters that lot.

ICB Guest

It was after Vanderpool and Sheika that he had his face all over Super Bowl and was billed as the Middleweight Mike Tyson. Also a big favourite for the fight. All I can say is if you picked it right then you are better than most boxers and boxing writers in the world who Lacy must've had fooled
    I see major flaws in Lacy in his other fights that Calzaghe would be able to take advantage of and he did i don't get caught up in the hype and let it affect my decision.

Oh yea so much for these boxing experts i remember 42 of them having Tyson beating Holyfield and only 1 picking Holyfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see major flaws in Lacy in his other fights that Calzaghe would be able to take advantage of and he did i don't get caught up in the hype and let it affect my decision.
    knowing Jeff Lacy , his work rate in the gym... I favored Lacy to spank this bloke Calzaghe something fierce going in. when round 2 or 3 came about ?? Calzaghe's corner asked" how is his punch?" Joe replies "his punch is shit" I knew right then it was a long night for Lacy, cause Lacy packs a whoolup...

ICB Guest

knowing Jeff Lacy , his work rate in the gym... I favored Lacy to spank this bloke Calzaghe something fierce going in. when round 2 or 3 came about ?? Calzaghe's corner asked" how is his punch?" Joe replies "his punch is S***" I knew right then it was a long night for Lacy, cause Lacy packs a whoolup...
    Lacy didn't even hit Calzaghe

Thread Information