Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Taylor V Lacy

These two both represented the USA in Sydney Olympics and turned pro within 6 days of each other. Taylors career is so far better than Lacy's but a fight between them would be interesting.

Not sure if Lacys' gonna fight again though
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor V Lacy

That's a fight I'd like to see myself. i think Lacy would do himself a favor by taking a tune-up fight or 2 before going into the ring with JT. If JT gets his head right, he's going to be coming strong and trying to put people away to get back for this loss he took.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    That's a fight I'd like to see myself. i think Lacy would do himself a favor by taking a tune-up fight or 2 before going into the ring with JT. If JT gets his head right, he's going to be coming strong and trying to put people away to get back for this loss he took.
    Taylor would beat him easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy would get anialted by Taylor. He is very one dimentional and the blueprint for beating him is there to see. I doubt we will see him again he looked aweful in the fight after the Calzaghi one i think hes been exposed big time

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this fight is made then it put the two most over rated high profile former champions againest each other,
    both completly over rated and im not sure i even care who wins.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mismatch. Lacy gets dominated again

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by taansend
    These two both represented the USA in Sydney Olympics and turned pro within 6 days of each other. Taylors career is so far better than Lacy's but a fight between them would be interesting.

Not sure if Lacys' gonna fight again though
    I remember brian viloria represented in usa in the olympics too and they said he is actually the strongest puncher. Sad all three turned out how they did now.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is nothing sad about how Lacy turned out.

He was the first boxer from the 00 Olympics to win a world title. He got a lot of money and fully paid off a house in Vegas that he could live in for the rest of his life if he wanted. And he still has a solid head on his shoulders and is generally recognized as one of the better people in all of boxing. He's accomplished a lot. He has a lot more to tell his grandkids at 29 then most of us will ever have for our entire lives. He was boxing's breath of fresh air for a while there, was even in a Super Bowl commercial.

Sorry just had to get that all out, didn't mean to get on you specifically but a lot of people down on Lacy in ways they shouldn't be.

Anyways, if Lacy can return to prime form then this is definitely an interesting matchup. Make no mistake about it, Taylor isn't Calzaghe and no one will have an easy time with Lacy if he's 100%.

Taylor can be backed up fairly easily and that's what Lacy would do. Lacy is also good enough to keep from being backed up by Taylor and Taylor isn't exactly hard to hit. Lacy would also be a lot bigger and work the body.

I think this would be a great fight that has a great chance to come off. At this point I would favor JT with my head, but Lacy would definitely have my support. I wouldn't expect a blowout on either end.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How Lacy "turned out?"

From what i no of Lacy, he's only 30 years old, he's got 22 wins and only 1 loss. That loss being to arguably the best Supermiddleweight fighter in the world.
    So excuse me for thinking he's far from finished and we have no idea how he "turns out."
    Lacy will be fighting again, and he'll be back in training come the new year, most likely in Undisputed in San Diego. The long layoff is accountable to the horrible shoulder injury and probably to some extent due to the horrible beating Calzaghe gave him.

I for one feel a match up between Lacy and Taylor could be very interesting. The winner may receive the redemption needed to relaunch careers which have both faltered after their biggest respective tests. Taylor is considerably better in the skill, speed and versatility depts. but one can argue that Lacy has big advantages in power, chin and perhaps stamina as we have seen JT fade in late rounds (although that too could be attributed to making weight.)

All in all i guess all that im trying to say is that both fighters are not finished, they have lost one fight a piece. in addition each showed considerable heart in their respective losses, with Lacy blatantly refusing to be stopped and Taylor deciding to slug it out with the bigger stronger Pavlik.

Their losses have actually made me gain respect for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call me crazy, but I think Jeff Lacy would dominate Jermain Taylor and take him out well before the 12th.

The height difference between the two isn't that great; 3 inches. Lacy takes a better punch than does Taylor and considering both have suspect defense I think Lacy, with a superior ability to throw combination punching, would pin Taylor to the ropes and finish him quickly.

Why do so many people downgrade Lacy for losing to Calzaghe? Lacy hasn't had swirling controversy behind some of his upper tier wins. And I daresay that if Taylor had gotten past Pavlik he wouldn't have fared any better against Calzaghe than Lacy did.
    Oops

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    Call me crazy, but I think Jeff Lacy would dominate Jermain Taylor and take him out well before the 12th.

The height difference between the two isn't that great; 3 inches. Lacy takes a better punch than does Taylor and considering both have suspect defense I think Lacy, with a superior ability to throw combination punching, would pin Taylor to the ropes and finish him quickly.

Why do so many people downgrade Lacy for losing to Calzaghe? Lacy hasn't had swirling controversy behind some of his upper tier wins. And I daresay that if Taylor had gotten past Pavlik he wouldn't have fared any better against Calzaghe than Lacy did.
    Call me crazy,

Your crazy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight.

Taylor's confidence must be badly damaged. He just got mullered and that coming off getting critisized for struggling with two smaller guys.

As long as Lacy has fully recovered from the shoulder injury I pick him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would lean towards Taylor, but Lacy would always have a punchers chance against anybody
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid

Call me crazy,

Your crazy.
    At any rate, I don't see what Taylor does so well that would make it a lock against Lacy. Lacy is stronger, NO stamina issues, power in both hands and throws lethal combos.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i say this is an interesting fight. both can take a shot. both hit hard, but lacy hits harder. i see taylor out boxing, outworking lacy in the first part of the fight. if lacy lasts, then he will probably come through later on and stop taylor, cos lacy starts switching on as the fight goes on, and taylor is opposite to that, he switches off as the fight goes on.

Thread Information