Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Question for tam seddon - ref: Froch

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Question for tam seddon - ref: Froch

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Froch was an awesome amateur and has mega offensive skills, BUT his defence sucks a$$ and he WILL get caught when he steps up!
    Totally agree.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight has been posponed 1 week so it doesnt clash with Calzaghe Kessler fight
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is one of Frochs most recent fights, fair enough he stops Dodson by a body shot but the point of me posting it is to show how Carl has trouble with a jab and just basic boxing.

What he did to Dodson wasnt that great, hes been stopped twice before and Carls power looks to be overrated too, he lands a few clean shots that Tony walks through.

Robin deffo has a shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ogtR...Ephp%3Fid%3D21

PS, when people talk how good Carls chin is, who is the big puncher that has landed clean on him to prove it ?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GOOD POINT BUDDY

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    This is one of Frochs most recent fights, fair enough he stops Dodson by a body shot but the point of me posting it is to show how Carl has trouble with a jab and just basic boxing.

What he did to Dodson wasnt that great, hes been stopped twice before and Carls power looks to be overrated too, he lands a few clean shots that Tony walks through.

Robin deffo has a shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ogtR...Ephp%3Fid%3D21

PS, when people talk how good Carls chin is, who is the big puncher that has landed clean on him to prove it ?
    it seemed like a pretty good punch to me. for that to come out from a body shot was better. It was in the 3rd round so you can tell Froch can knock people out when he needs to. To be honest you can think of every bad point and put it forward, but he must be doing something good to win all of his fights and 17 by knockout, i can tell you this, Reid is going to get KTFO!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good punch but it landed on a journeyman whos been stopped twice before and had 3 losses going in with Carl

Who was the big puncher that proved Carl has a good chin ?

I remember watching Carl fight that little south african that was a light middle, he wore him down but his power couldnt put him to sleep, a little man like that !

Carls power looks good on paper but then you look at who it was against and its not that impressive.

Carl is gonna let you down mate, like I said, another Audley

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good punch but it landed on a journeyman whos been stopped twice before and had 3 losses going in with Carl

I remember watching Carl fight that little south african that was a light middle, he wore him down but his power couldnt put him to sleep, a little man like that !

Carls power looks good on paper but then you look at who it was against and its not that impressive.

Carl has been fighting his best in his last outings, maturing into a better fighter each time. if that lightmiddle got in with him now it wouldnt last long! As for his chin he hasnt been knocked out so it looks okay so far.

Dont compare Froch to Audley ever again for a lot of reasons, its just plain disrespect more than anything and i dont remeber Froch promising to win every title the fight he is after is against JC.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon

Carl has been fighting his best in his last outings, maturing into a better fighter each time. if that lightmiddle got in with him now it wouldnt last long! As for his chin he hasnt been knocked out so it looks okay so far.

Dont compare Froch to Audley ever again for a lot of reasons, its just plain disrespect more than anything and i dont remeber Froch promising to win every title the fight he is after is against JC.
    Yes and if he waits much longer they will hav eZIMMER FRAMES i mean come on put up or shut up !!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al

Yes and if he waits much longer they will hav eZIMMER FRAMES i mean come on put up or shut up !!!!
    well hes currently waiting for his shot against the holder of the WBC title, so he has to have his shot by spring , i cant say this anymore!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who has Froch beaten to be WBC number 1 ?

Who has proved Carl has a good chin ?

I take it your assemsment of Carls chin comes from all the journeymen who have found his chin with ease, not much of a boast "I know my man takes a shot, because hes always takin em" Non have been punchers.

Carls career is almost at a parralel to Audleys, except Audley was at least good enough to win the olympics

It has taken froch 5 years to face anyone recognisable on the title scene who is also a british name, Audley got beat, so will Froch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe there are some parallels to Audley's career so far, we'll just have to see if Carl sinks or swim. I don't like Carl Froch at all, but I don't think for one second that he'd fight as negative as Audley, or be as scared to take a punch when in with the big fish, so comparing him with Audley in that respect is unfair.

IMO he lacks the skills to get to the top, he has a puncher's chance against most fighters, but that can only take you so far.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well everything carl froch has pretty much said he has done, hes building his way into a more complete fighter and i can tell he is determined to be a champion. I dont no why everybody except for me is badly slagging him off, hes a decent fighter. In his last couple of fights you can truely see the determination that he wants to fight the tougher fights and they will come i know they will, he will finish off Reid and then i can honestly see him fighting Inkin and knocking him out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been more impressed with Froch of late but can't get out of my head the "nobodies" bouncing "bombs" off his head.

Froch makes for a good fight.. still not convinced he wont end-up getting seriously exposed though.

The Reid fight is understandable but is a no win fight. If he loses he's fucked. If he looks bad winning he's gonna get it. If he wins easy - so what.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Ive been more impressed with Froch of late but can't get out of my head the "nobodies" bouncing "bombs" off his head.

Froch makes for a good fight.. still not convinced he wont end-up getting seriously exposed though.

The Reid fight is understandable but is a no win fight. If he loses he's fucked. If he looks bad winning he's gonna get it. If he wins easy - so what.
    If he knocks him out well with style it will grab the top peoples attention because Froch is dangerous, if any top fighter got caught with one of his right uppercuts they will be rocked

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

If he knocks him out well with style it will grab the top peoples attention because Froch is dangerous, if any top fighter got caught with one of his right uppercuts they will be rocked
    But the problem is everyone knows Reid is finished. The general feeling will be - oh well what did you expect. Plus Reid has always been able to make fights UGLY.

Unfortunately the fight is happening at the same time as Calzaghe-Kessler so I doubt it will hardly get anyones attention
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information