Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Where is David Tua?

I noticed someone on here with his user name and it got me thinking. I have not heard anything about Tua in quite a while.

I checked Boxrec http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...4343&cat=boxer on him and it seems for a few years he has not fought anyone of note and blasted through all of them.

It is almost like he is on the outside looking in now, fighting in small venues, against unknown opponents. If anyone deserves to be in the heavyweight mix right now, it is him. He could make a real impact against the weak state of the heavyweight division right now.

What are your thoughts?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where is David Tua?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw
    I noticed someone on here with his user name and it got me thinking. I have not heard anything about Tua in quite a while.

I checked Boxrec http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...4343&cat=boxer on him and it seems for a few years he has not fought anyone of note and blasted through all of them.

It is almost like he is on the outside looking in now, fighting in small venues, against unknown opponents. If anyone deserves to be in the heavyweight mix right now, it is him. He could make a real impact against the weak state of the heavyweight division right now.

What are your thoughts?
    Hes In the Graveyard Looking For his next "opponent".
    Cant wait Until He gets his next big fight or title shot so he can Under preform and wait for that one big punch....and wait...and wait..and wait...and etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two fights in 2005 and 2006 each. Looks like he's scheduled for his forth fight of 2007. I saw a couple of his fights and it seems like it's taking him awhile to get his form back. Being busier is a good sign, but maybe he just hasn't felt ready yet. You'd think his name and recent win streak could get him some kind of momentum.

Maybe he should fight Mesi? Two guys trying to get back in the mix... I think Tua looks a lot better than Mesi has recently though.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tuas been keeping himself active by training and taking keep busy fights....

Since his comeback he's 3-0 with 2 KO's hack it the quality of opposition is weak but rumor has it he's got dibbs on the winner of Holyfield-Ibragimov. So I think he's just trying to stay busy for now until theres a winner but he should be careful as in boxing NOTHINGS guaranteed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tua HAS been keeping active, he's actually been fighting a lot more than most heavies, which cant be bad regardless of quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tua has had some management/promotional problems that took about two years to get through the court system and I guess he didn't feel like fighting at that time with his attention elsewhere so I can't blame him for taking time to get back in the swing of things. But he should fight someone with a name soon, like a Calvin Brock.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Tuas been keeping himself active by training and taking keep busy fights....

Since his comeback he's 3-0 with 2 KO's hack it the quality of opposition is weak but rumor has it he's got dibbs on the winner of Holyfield-Ibragimov. So I think he's just trying to stay busy for now until theres a winner but he should be careful as in boxing NOTHINGS guaranteed.
    Didn't his comeback start in 2005? I see his record as 7-0 with 5 KO's, from that point...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    Tua has had some management/promotional problems that took about two years to get through the court system and I guess he didn't feel like fighting at that time with his attention elsewhere so I can't blame him for taking time to get back in the swing of things. But he should fight someone with a name soon, like a Calvin Brock.
    As a matter of interest what has Calvin Brock been upto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brocks fighting Eddie Chambers Early next month in the IBF #1 contender tournament

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Brock a lot and id be very glad to see his career rise from the ashes. Good luck to him.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw

What are your thoughts?
    He hasn't been that impressive he struggled against mediocre opponent and just about won a decision i don't think he will pick up a belt but i wouldn't mind seeing him fight Holyfield if Holyfield wins the title.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In truth, the big guns are shitting themselves nobody wants to know thats a fact at this time. Holyfield is a no no big friends. They are trying to make the Klitchco fight maybe. Who wants Tua with his head on not to many, and rumour has it hes focused.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No matter what else you say about Tua his Ko's will live long in memory. Particularily that Ko of ruiz.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the Moorer one was better, Donny
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    I thought the Moorer one was better, Donny
    Iv never actually seen the Moorer fight scrap, so i cant offer an opinion.
    I was looking up some Tua fights just last week and saw an amateur fight against Felix Savon.
    Savon may have been as good as Stevenson?

Thread Information