Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff lacy vs peter manfredo in the works.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Jeff lacy vs peter manfredo in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I kind of keep going back & forth on this Lacy Manfredo thing being a worthy fight on the comeback trail.

Think about...it's really not. Try to fight someone that's actually legitly ranked. While I am sure that Manfredo is up there...he sure as S*** aint legit.

Froch, Andrade, Bute, or even Green would be the better choices...hell even Bika.

Manfredo? Not so hot.
    We wouldn't even be talking about Manfredo if he wasn't on Contender Lacy will beat Manfedo but will it prove anything really ??
    from a public perspective it will, Jeff needed a great outing after Calzaghe then he got injured and most people wrote him off while not considering the injury. So now if he carves up Petey it kind of gets him back on track
    I understand what your saying i haven't wrote off Lacy but i find it very hard him beating any of the champions at Lightheavyweight or Supermiddleweight but good luck to him sounds a nice guy out the ring and has a giant heart so i wish him best of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch, Andrade, Bute, or even Green would be the better choices...hell even Bika.

Manfredo? Not so hot.
    I remember you saying last year that you thought Jeff taking on Tyspko was a dangerous 1st comeback fight and tyspko wasnt even ranked in anyones 10 I know Vitali has a troubling style but guys like Froch, Bute, Green and even Andrade are dangerous guys that are to tough IMO for a comeback from injury... Jeff needs an easy confidence building fight he certainly deserves it, Lacy was never a fickle opponent picker he fought the best possible that were available. Its a cruise control fight he needs at this juncture of his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kind of keep going back & forth on this Lacy Manfredo thing being a worthy fight on the comeback trail.

Think about...it's really not. Try to fight someone that's actually legitly ranked. While I am sure that Manfredo is up there...he sure as S*** aint legit.

Manfredo? Not so hot.
    We wouldn't even be talking about Manfredo if he wasn't on Contender Lacy will beat Manfedo but will it prove anything really ??
    from a public perspective it will, Jeff needed a great outing after Calzaghe then he got injured and most people wrote him off while not considering the injury. So now if he carves up Petey it kind of gets him back on track
    I understand what your saying i haven't wrote off Lacy but i find it very hard him beating any of the champions at Lightheavyweight or Supermiddleweight but good luck to him sounds a nice guy out the ring and has a giant heart so i wish him best of luck.
    Your certainly entitled to your opinion bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfredo? Not so hot.
    I remember you saying last year that you thought Jeff taking on Tyspko was a dangerous 1st comeback fight and tyspko wasnt even ranked in anyones 10 I know Vitali has a troubling style but guys like Froch, Bute, Green and even Andrade are dangerous guys that are to tough IMO for a comeback from injury... Jeff needs an easy confidence building fight he certainly deserves it, Lacy was never a fickle opponent picker he fought the best possible that were available. Its a cruise control fight he needs at this juncture of his career
    Yeah...Tsypko is a hard nut to crack, IWO & the first fight was a sign that he was going to give Lacy issues.

...and maybe I'm just being to analytical or critical here. Jeff probably does deserve & need a confidence builder...after the Calzaghe hyding...he does indeed deserve it.

Tsypko was not it.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like Jeff Lacy to take on Mads Larsen. It would be a come-back for both of them at the top scene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Create EB
    I would like Jeff Lacy to take on Mads Larsen. It would be a come-back for both of them at the top scene.
    Larsen really doesn't need much of a comeback. Who was it that beat him that he needs to comeback from? Ottke?

I think tossing him in with Lacy would be a mistake...there's nothing to gain from that...hardly anyone here knows him. I mean I know he's from Denmark & has that tatt thing going like Kessler...but he should just stay in obscurity.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy is done. Lacy has always been a one-dimensional fighter. And I think his recent injury has robbed him of that one dimension. Unless Lacy proves other wise, I see him as a journeyman fighter. And even a crappy fighter like Manfredo can beat a journeyman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Lacy is done. Lacy has always been a one-dimensional fighter. And I think his recent injury has robbed him of that one dimension. Unless Lacy proves other wise, I see him as a journeyman fighter. And even a crappy fighter like Manfredo can beat a journeyman.
    you seem to be another one that is hell bent on hating on Lacy... Thats cool and all but his 1 dimension got him along way, its a little premature to take a fighter with one loss and call him a journey man dont you think seeing he is the #3 ranked supermiddle in the world? I mean for you to say Manfredo can beat him is far reaching, if anyone is a flash in the pan journeyman its Petey

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    you seem to be another one that is hell bent on hating on Lacy... Thats cool and all but his 1 dimension got him along way, its a little premature to take a fighter with one loss and call him a journey man dont you think seeing he is the #3 ranked supermiddle in the world? I mean for you to say Manfredo can beat him is far reaching, if anyone is a flash in the pan journeyman its Petey
    Manfredo a flash in the pan? When was the flash? Maybe journeyman might be to much, but a torn cuff is no joke. If it robs Lacy of his power, than what is Lacy suppose to do? Power is his only game. If he loses that, than he's pretty much done. It ain't a knock on him. It's a fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was really excited about Jeff Lacy and was shocked at what Calzaghe did to him. I didn't know about his injury when he fought Vitali, but I thought he didn't look like the same fighter. When in the fight did the injury occur?

I have to agree with VD he's a bit one dimensional. That doesn't mean he couldn't be successful, but since his strengths are his strength and power, he drops way down ineffectiveness if the injury takes some of that power away.

The other factor that a fighter like Lacy needs is the absolute belief that he's the baddest MoFo on the planet. Calzaghe crushed a lot of that out of him. IMO he didn't look like he had an unshaken belief in his badness in his last fight.

If he has recovered physically, I think Manfredo might be the perfect opponent for him now, to see where he is mentally. Manfredo is still a name that will draw attention, and it's the perfect chance for him to feel powerful again. Plus if he demolishes Peter, maybe Peter will finally fade into the sunset. If he struggles or gets beat, then we'll know a lot about how poor his future prospects are.

I also agree that Manfredo is above journeyman level and is capable of exposing a weakness in Lacy, if it exists. In other words, pre or close to pre-Calzaghe Lacy should do well. A physically weakened Lacy will have problems. A mentally shaky, but physically healthy Lacy could get back on track with this fight.

Incidentally, I see a lot of parallels with Berto here. He seems of similar ilk to me, and shouldn't be rushed along to fast.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think Berto is a one demension fighter he has power,speed and good foot work a good thing for him would be to have a fight with Quitana or Juhda then if he does well in those fights he should either fight Cintron or Williams but that is just a thought i could be wrong but i think i am right

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy will knock Peter out. Manfredo might give him some trouble early, but once he tires, he'll get hit and once that happens, he's outta there. Lacy by mid round TKO.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfredo is no better than a 40 ranked fighter , he fookin usless
    lacy ko 3
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default **Lacy Slated to fight Peter Manfredo in Mayweather Hatton undercard**

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3059731

I think this will be a great fight.  This is by far(not even gonna count the Calzaghe "fight") the biggest challenge in Manfredo's carreer.  We'll finally get to see if he belongs in this div.  This should be a nice fight for Lacy on the comeback trail.

All around it should be fun to watch...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **Lacy Slated to fight Peter Manfredo in Mayweather Hatton undercard**

CC thanks for letting me know, will make staying up till 4am more worthy

Thread Information