Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff lacy vs peter manfredo in the works.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **Lacy Slated to fight Peter Manfredo in Mayweather Hatton undercard**

The battle of Calzaghes leftovers

Lacy really looked poor in his last fight so he may be damaged goods. Peter however has always looked poor so youd have to favour Lacy in thid one .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **Lacy Slated to fight Peter Manfredo in Mayweather Hatton undercard**

Quote Originally Posted by GAME

Lacy really looked poor in his last fight so he may be damaged goods. Peter however has always looked poor so youd have to favour Lacy in thid one .
    if i am correct he started off real good and then he injured his shoulder. torn his rotator cuff and that really affected his performance.

good to see lacy making his return. he should ko manfredo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91

if i am correct he started off real good and then he injured his shoulder. torn his rotator cuff and that really affected his performance.

He didn't start all that great against Tsypko but surely Lacy can beat Manfredo.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy

He didn't start all that great against Tsypko but surely Lacy can beat Manfredo.
    Well, although he wasn't dynamite starting out against Tsypko he was definitely making the running in the early stages and was ahead. As for Lacy against Manfredo, Calzaghe was hitting Manfredo at will, which says to me that Lacy will be able to catch him, and I'd be certain that left-hook Lacy could demolish Manfredo within the distance, even quicker if he can catch him flush in the first round or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be the bloodiest battle of the year as Lacy can dish out and endless amount of punishment and Manfredo will be more than willing to be his ragdoll. Look for Manfredo's corner to throw in the blood-sopped towel.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carnt see Manfredo lasting any longer than 4 rounds.

Hope this fight is on the undercard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is the second biggest fight of manfredo's career....and this is the first comeback fight for lacy after his injury.
    Should be a quick fight for someone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    this is the second biggest fight of manfredo's career....and this is the first comeback fight for lacy after his injury.
    Should be a quick fight for someone.
    This will be a 1st or 2nd round knockout for Lacy. Manfredo is just too easy to hit for an accurate power puncher like Lacy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy

Well, although he wasn't dynamite starting out against Tsypko he was definitely making the running in the early stages and was ahead. As for Lacy against Manfredo, Calzaghe was hitting Manfredo at will, which says to me that Lacy will be able to catch him, and I'd be certain that left-hook Lacy could demolish Manfredo within the distance, even quicker if he can catch him flush in the first round or two.
    calzaghe was shit against manfredo... he didnt want that fight, and verything he said about it ebing legit as bullshit, but a fighter rying to make it happen.. i blame hbo for that fight and only hbo.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jeff lacy vs peter manfredo in the works.

Topic Merged.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1st time ive read this thread. Will be a good good fight. Manfredo has rebuilt his confidence by staying busy while Lacy still probably has the better chance of winning.

Dont knock it, this is a good match up
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it hard to take Manfredo seriously at world level tho. The only step fight he took between up and comer and world level was a shot Scott Pemberton. There was very little time for growth there.
    Alfonso Gomez seems to be making more of his chance with growth fights like Gatti etc. before jumping in with the elite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I find it hard to take Manfredo seriously at world level tho. The only step fight he took between up and comer and world level was a shot Scott Pemberton. There was very little time for growth there.
    Alfonso Gomez seems to be making more of his chance with growth fights like Gatti etc. before jumping in with the elite.
    so gatti's not shot?
    and BELIEVE ME, if alfonso gomez was offered a title shot, he would take it before they even told him who he was fighting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so gatti's not shot?
    and BELIEVE ME, if alfonso gomez was offered a title shot, he would take it before they even told him who he was fighting.
    No i don't believe Gatti was shot. No doubt he was a shadow of his former self, but given the opportunity he would have loved to have put a beatdown on Gomez. Gatti wasn't shot, he was jus depreciated in quality to the point that he became an average fighter.

Scott pemberton on the other hand was shot, he showed little to no offense no aggression and he flailed when hit by Manfredo. This was the same guy who Lacy had to slug repeatedly at the start of their fight to get him to move backward.

And i wouldn't blame Gomez for taking a title shot at his nearest opportunity, he looked very good against Gatti and he's a hard worker. Why not give it a go.

ICB Guest

so gatti's not shot?
    No i don't believe Gatti was shot. No doubt he was a shadow of his former self, but given the opportunity he would have loved to have put a beatdown on Gomez. Gatti wasn't shot, he was jus depreciated in quality to the point that he became an average fighter.

Scott pemberton on the other hand was shot, he showed little to no offense no aggression and he flailed when hit by Manfredo. This was the same guy who Lacy had to slug repeatedly at the start of their fight to get him to move backward.

And i wouldn't blame Gomez for taking a title shot at his nearest opportunity, he looked very good against Gatti and he's a hard worker. Why not give it a go.
    I like Gomez but all of the top Welterweights would destroy Gomez.

Thread Information