Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jeff lacy vs peter manfredo in the works.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jeff lacy vs peter manfredo in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    I find it hard to take Manfredo seriously at world level tho. The only step fight he took between up and comer and world level was a shot Scott Pemberton. There was very little time for growth there.
    Alfonso Gomez seems to be making more of his chance with growth fights like Gatti etc. before jumping in with the elite.
    so gatti's not shot? 
    and BELIEVE ME, if alfonso gomez was offered a title shot, he would take it before they even told him who he was fighting.
    No i don't believe Gatti was shot. No doubt he was a shadow of his former self, but given the opportunity he would have loved to have put a beatdown on Gomez. Gatti wasn't shot, he was jus depreciated in quality to the point that he became an average fighter.

Scott pemberton on the other hand was shot, he showed little to no offense no aggression and he flailed when hit by Manfredo. This was the same guy who Lacy had to slug repeatedly at the start of their fight to get him to move backward.

And i wouldn't blame Gomez for taking a title shot at his nearest opportunity, he looked very good against Gatti and he's a hard worker. Why not give it a go.
    I'm with Donny as far as Gatti being Shot... He wasnt! Sure he has more miles on him than Lindsey Lohans crack pipe but he has always styed competitive.

Gatti developed the same trouble Diego Coralles had. He was to big to fight at his optimal weight but to undersized  to bring his power and chin to the higher weight with him.....Trying to cut weight was murder for them 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Jt. 100% in agreement. Only problem is, if Big_Deuce replies, my next arguement is gone now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Jt. 100% in agreement. Only problem is, if Big_Deuce replies, my next arguement is gone now
    thats got a be a young boxer like Coralles biggest nightmare. the night he fought Clottey, Joshua hydrated up to about 165 Corrales was just about fighting a SuperMiddle that night and he is a little fella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    I find it hard to take Manfredo seriously at world level tho. The only step fight he took between up and comer and world level was a shot Scott Pemberton. There was very little time for growth there.
    Alfonso Gomez seems to be making more of his chance with growth fights like Gatti etc. before jumping in with the elite.
    so gatti's not shot?
    and BELIEVE ME, if alfonso gomez was offered a title shot, he would take it before they even told him who he was fighting.
    No i don't believe Gatti was shot. No doubt he was a shadow of his former self, but given the opportunity he would have loved to have put a beatdown on Gomez. Gatti wasn't shot, he was jus depreciated in quality to the point that he became an average fighter.

Scott pemberton on the other hand was shot, he showed little to no offense no aggression and he flailed when hit by Manfredo. This was the same guy who Lacy had to slug repeatedly at the start of their fight to get him to move backward.

And i wouldn't blame Gomez for taking a title shot at his nearest opportunity, he looked very good against Gatti and he's a hard worker. Why not give it a go.
    Wait a minute.
    Gatti isnt shot? but pemberton is?
    Both guys were shells of the men they once were. Pemberton's wars with sheika, his lethal ko loss to lacy were devastating to his career and possible his health. He got crushed by peter manfredo easily. However look who gatti fought with, and if you can consider pemberton shot, and not gatti, i dont know what to tell ya but YOUR CRAZY.

Gatti's incredible wars with angel manfredy, oscar de la hoya, micky ward x3, also getting completely annihilated by PBF and carlos baldomir basically into submission, then to lose the way he did against alfonso gomez, where gomez sends gatti into retirement. And gatti isn't shot Give me break, he did nothing in that fight. to me he lost almost every round to gomez. He showed he had nothing left in the tank by round 4. and you tell me this is anywhere close to the guy who battled ward till the end in 3 epic battles? please please tell me how pemberton can be called shot, but gatti cant? gatti endured much more punishment in his career then pemberton ever did, and then lost to the same caliber competition as pemberton did. Manfredo & gomez.
    No doubt he was a shadow of his former self, but given the opportunity he would have loved to have put a beatdown on Gomez. Gatti wasn't shot, he was jus depreciated in quality to the point that he became an average fighter.
    please re read what you just said, and tell me how that makes sense.
    gatti is a shadow of his former self, and it made him into an average fighter? Average fighters do not get KTFO'd by alfonso gomez PERIOD. the same alfonso gomez who never fought in a 10 round fight before gatti, the same alfonso gomez who got a draw with jesse feliciano (whom i believe beat gomez). Gatti isn't shot? just look at gatti, he retired because he realized who he just lost to. Alfonso fricken gomez. please re-read that name again, before you tell me gatti wasn't shot. Alfonso-fricken-gomez.

But your saying that alfonso gomez is smart by not jumping in with the elite fighters. The ONLY reason he isnt with the elite, is because none of the "elite" have given him a shot. and if they did give him a shot before gatti, he would of gladly accepted, so dont give credit to gomez for being patient in fighting "growth" fights before elite fights. Those "growth" fights are the only thing gomez has on his plate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deuce i could argue with u til well after Christmas as i always stick with what i think and will only change my mind if given a very good reason.
    U haven't given me reason to change my mind and i don't think ul offer me sufficient arguement to alter my opinion in any way.
    So, forget about it, think what you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I asked you to explain yourself, you wish not to. You are the one who offered nothing to support your own arguement.
    You say i cannot change your opinion. Thats ok, i dont want to, i would much rather you go on thinking the way you do .
    ahhh victory.
    its quite tastey
    now i will do my victory dance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deuce i could argue with u til well after Christmas as i always stick with what i think and will only change my mind if given a very good reason.
    U haven't given me reason to change my mind and i don't think ul offer me sufficient arguement to alter my opinion in any way.
    So, forget about it, think what you want.
    I'm not sure how Deuce didn't given a good enough argument to chance your mind. The Gatti/Pemberton analogy is pretty damn good. I can't see for the life of me how an intelligent boxing fan like you can't see that 1. Gatti was completely toast and 2. Gatti was never any good at 147. All his best work was at lighter weights. At least Pemberton was a natural SMW and Peter was moving up in weight.

Gomez and Manfredo are right about the same level. They fought two short fights pretty much even. They are both great club fighters and low-tier world level guys. Top WW's would beat Gomez. They both have limited physical tools, they both have heart. They both have some skills that allow them to hang with less skilled, more physicall talented guys, and beat up on B-grade guys past their prime. Difference = Gomez is very likeable. Manfredo is harder to like.

Lacy/Manfredo is a good fight. Right now, we're not sure if Lacy, post-Joe C, post-shoulder injury, is a top class fighter anymore. He SHOULD beat Manfredo if he still has it, but Manfredo is good enough to push him if Lacy isn't in top form. If Manfredo wins, it means the Lacy's injury has take a too much of a toll and he's done as a top fighter, and Manfredo keep his role as a high profile gatekeeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fights official now and I cant think of any fight i history where two fighters this overratted fought each other. Still I dislike Manfredo more so Im hoping for Lacy to walk away with a big win, But for some reason I think Manfredo may pull it off. I hope im wrong. Manfredo getting another title shot may be the end of boxing.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Lacy doesn't cave him in within 5 rounds it should be considered a loss for Lacy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure...Magnificent Victory Deuce

You want a victory that means something come to the mmwc,

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gatti was shot against Gomez.......not as bad as Pemberton was when he faced Lacy tho.

and whoever said it was a brutal KO is lying

he got cuffed into submission

either way manfredo and lacy have both shown us that they don't have what it takes at the very top and they both took a beating from calzone....

so with that in mind

a tag team handicap against calzone would be a better idea
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    Gatti was shot against Gomez.......not as bad as Pemberton was when he faced Lacy tho.

and whoever said it was a brutal KO is lying

he got cuffed into submission

either way manfredo and lacy have both shown us that they don't have what it takes at the very top and they both took a beating from calzone....

so with that in mind

a tag team handicap against calzone would be a better idea
    he'l only need a month off after bitch slapping kessler
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information