Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who would win this one & how me bwoyo's?!?!?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: porkypara's If Calzaghe & Hopkins were to fight in the future who'd win poll?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: porkypara's If Calzaghe & Hopkins were to fight in the future who'd win poll?

I tell you what Hopkins could be a stylistic nightmare for Joe, maybe his saving grace is the age factor, but lets not forget Joe will be 36 if this fight is made. Maybe it will be held at a nursing home??

Nah seriously i think Hopkins could beat Joe with a spoliing tactics win. I say 50/50 imo at this point in time.

On another note Joe says in this months Boxing Monthly he wants Hopkins next if he succeds in the Kessler bout and wants it in America.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: porkypara's If Calzaghe & Hopkins were to fight in the future who'd win poll?

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Ice, you seriously need to get a sense of humour, son. It's called a joke. A wind-up.

Here you go ...Ive always thought Calzaghe would beat Hopkins no-problem. But changed my mind recently. Hopkins has the type of ugly-spoiling style that seems to give Calzaghe problems. And although I still think Calzaghe would win, it would be pretty close.

Is that OK for you? You want to rip that apart?
    Problem is i can't tell when your joking when im talking about boxing i don't like joking about theres time and place for it but im different to you but there you go.
    Fair enough, Ice.

Going back to Hopkins-Mercado, you put Hopkins draw down to being green, right? It was his 5th fight after losing to Roy. Surely that means Roys win over an extra-green Hopkins aint up to much, right?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

Ice, you seriously need to get a sense of humour, son. It's called a joke. A wind-up.

Here you go ...Ive always thought Calzaghe would beat Hopkins no-problem. But changed my mind recently. Hopkins has the type of ugly-spoiling style that seems to give Calzaghe problems. And although I still think Calzaghe would win, it would be pretty close.

Problem is i can't tell when your joking when im talking about boxing i don't like joking about theres time and place for it but im different to you but there you go.
    Fair enough, Ice.

Going back to Hopkins-Mercado, you put Hopkins loss down to being green, right? It was his 5th fight after losing to Roy. Surely that means Roys win over an extra-green Hopkins aint up to much, right?
    Jones had even less fights than Hopkins so they were both green thats why i would of loved to have seen a rematch.

I prefer the younger Hopkins who used to brawl he was very exciting fighter at one time hard to believe when you watch his fights now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough, Ice.

Going back to Hopkins-Mercado, you put Hopkins loss down to being green, right? It was his 5th fight after losing to Roy. Surely that means Roys win over an extra-green Hopkins aint up to much, right?
    Jones had even less fights than Hopkins so they were both green thats why i would of loved to have seen a rematch.

I prefer the younger Hopkins who used to brawl he was very exciting fighter at one time hard to believe when you watch his fights now.
    So what rates as the better win, IYO? A green Roy beating an extra-green Hopkins or a green Calzaghe beating a slightly past it, fully experienced former "world" champion that went on to fight two tremendous fights for the Cruiserweight "world" championship?

ICB Guest

Fair enough, Ice.

So what rates as the better win, IYO? A green Roy beating an extra-green Hopkins or a green Calzaghe beating a slightly past it, fully experienced former "world" champion that went on to fight two tremendous fights for the Cruiserweight "world" championship?
    Well if we are talking at that time forgetting what they went on to do then Calzaghe over Eubank.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if we are talking at that time forgetting what they went on to do then Calzaghe over Eubank.
    [/quote]

Fair enough, Ice.

OK. But remember you consider an extra-green Hopkins as Roys 2nd best ever win. So in future when you're claiming Calzaghe's win over Eubank don't mean much - Eubank was "shot" - you'll take into consideration Calzaghe was "green," right? And in your opinion rates as a better win than Roy beating an extra-green Hopkins.

ICB Guest

Fair enough, Ice.

OK. But remember you consider an extra-green Hopkins as Roys 2nd best ever win. So in future when you're claiming Calzaghe's win over Eubank don't mean much - Eubank was "shot" - you'll take into consideration Calzaghe was "green," right? And in your opinion rates as a better win than Roy beating an extra-green Hopkins.
    [/quote] I rate Hill and Ruiz higher than the Hopkins victory but i see your point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the headbutt counted as a legal "punch" lol then Bernard would win easy...but it dosn't.

This fight would probably be boring as hell. I think Joe would win on points, but Hopkins would be grabbing all the time and Joe would start slugging like he does when he is in with an awkward fighter, and we would just end up with a dirty dirty fight.

But if Joe won he would own the Ring championship L.Heavy belt wouldn't he?
    Has anyone ever been Ring champion at more than one weight?
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough, Ice.

I rate Hill and Ruiz higher than the Hopkins victory but i see your point.
    I'm glad you see the point.

Although you listed Hopkins at 2 behind Toney yesterday when I asked for a top 5. Not to worry.

By the way, Hopkins draw to Mercado was blamed on Hopkins not handling the altitude in Ecuador

ICB Guest

Fair enough, Ice.

I rate Hill and Ruiz higher than the Hopkins victory but i see your point.
    I'm glad you see the point.

Although you listed Hopkins at 2 behind Toney yesterday when I asked for a top 5. Not to worry.

By the way, Hopkins draw to Mercado was blamed on Hopkins not handling the altitude in Ecuador
    When i done that list mate it wasn't in order i just done top 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: porkypara's If Calzaghe & Hopkins were to fight in the future who'd win poll

hopkins would win by using his better footwork and counterpunching. calzaghe's defense isn't the best and hopkins would take advantage of that with his counters. when calzaghe on the inside tries to combo hopkins, hopkins clinches or counters. hopkins by close decision

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Calzaghe would have an easy day with this when Hopkins wasn't trying to arrest him.

After watching Hopkins/Wright I see no reason to ever pick Hopkins over anyone ever again. Even if he does "win" a fight it's not Hopkins in there, just some old man who looks like him.

Also, this RJJ/Tito fight is a joke. That's what it's coming to for Hopkins before long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats what i call your lack of boxing knowledge. ICB to Fenster

C'mon, Ice.

He knows enough to do well in the prediction contest. You know the one I'm talking about, right? Yes, the one you avoid like the black plague.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: porkypara's If Calzaghe & Hopkins were to fight in the future who'd win poll

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Thats what i call your lack of boxing knowledge. ICB to Fenster

C'mon, Ice.

He knows enough to do well in the prediction contest. You know the one I'm talking about, right? Yes, the one you avoid like the black plague.
    BG handing out sad clicks?! Didn't think you did man! Just for the record,you ever sad clicked me?

Thread Information