Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
I don't think theres 1 right answer,I think it's a mixture of several things.

After the 1st Erik-MAB fight Erik moved up to Feather and quickly got a shot at the WBC title. As we very well know Warrens got the WBO in their back pocket for Hamed to fight Erik and bring the WBO into a fight with Erik & the WBC title would have been a no, no. I don't think there was enough money Warren could have payed to have that OK'ed at that time. MAB stood at Super Bantam and I also think the loss took some effect on him, he got a gift from the WBO and kept the belt when Erik moved up in weight. MAB made some defenses and got some wins against OK opposition while Erik kicked some ass as a Feather by beating literally beating Kevin Kelly, Guty Espadas Jr. & Inji Chi. All top prominent fighters at that moment in time. While MAB beat (at Super Bantam) Luis Freitaz, Jose Valbuena & Jesus Salud. A lot of people forget that MAB moved up in weight to face Naz it takes a lot to move up in weight and for your 1st fight at a new weight fight for a title even more to face someone like Naz at that moment in time.
When you look at what both fighters did after their 1st meeting (Erik & MAB) I think it was pretty clear for Warren who was the weakest link. He thought it was MAB boy! was he wrong.
Naz wasn't even with Warren then. Interesting theory though
Naz wasnt with Warren in 2000?
Cause that's what I'm talking about I'm talking about Naz vs. Morales in 2000.
If he wasn't then that's my mistake....
No mate, Naz and Warren split around 98.. the McCullogh fight.