troubles making weight at 130 this could give an extra advantage for JMM

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao sees Valero as only worthy opponent

Valero Could Gather Big Money for A Pac fight mind. Mayb thats what his management want him to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bigger money for lesser risk. that's smart business. pac-valero is still a fight you'd surely watch wouldn't you. pac can always meet jmm somewhere down the road when he's "more older" and more beatable. anyways, this fight is not a done deal yet. pacquiao i heard will decide on who definitely would be his next opponent by november.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser
    bigger money for lesser risk. that's smart business. pac-valero is still a fight you'd surely watch wouldn't you. pac can always meet jmm somewhere down the road when he's "more older" and more beatable. anyways, this fight is not a done deal yet. pacquiao i heard will decide on who definitely would be his next opponent by november.
    #Altho it is not my favourite Pac Matchup, i agree, it would be essential viewing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ditto. I would watch this fight for sure but what other posters are saying is still valid. Valero is still somewhat proven.as many Pac fans themselves have stated and there are worthier opponents.Would be a war though!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have a problem with him fighting Valero... People don't seem to realize that if a fighter is fighting the best fighters out there every single time their careers are going to be significantly shorter. I would like to see guys like Pacquaio fight for 5-6 more years instead of having 2 or 3 more rough fights that wear him out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I don't have a problem with him fighting Valero... People don't seem to realize that if a fighter is fighting the best fighters out there every single time their careers are going to be significantly shorter. I would like to see guys like Pacquaio fight for 5-6 more years instead of having 2 or 3 more rough fights that wear him out.
    Well in actuality, this here is a case of Pac fighting a challenger who although he may not be the best possible opponent, may well be the most damaging. A fight with Valero will surely result in more injury than a fight with the better Jmm

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Ditto. I would watch this fight for sure but what other posters are saying is still valid. Valero is still somewhat proven.as many Pac fans themselves have stated and there are worthier opponents.Would be a war though!!!
    Exactly what i was trying to express Gamo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Well in actuality, this here is a case of Pac fighting a challenger who although he may not be the best possible opponent, may well be the most damaging. A fight with Valero will surely result in more injury than a fight with the better Jmm

agree on all counts 'cept for a valero match-up being more damaging than jmm's. it could end early without extended damage to both fighters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny

agree on all counts 'cept for a valero match-up being more damaging than jmm's. it could end early without extended damage to both fighters.
    Oh believe me KK,it'll be more damaging when you see the freakishly power fisted Valero out a hurting on your boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we'll see EG, we'll see. imo jmm is the more difficult fight and could be a long night for both. as for valero, i don't feel he can hang with manny. his chance is to finish off the pac early which really wouldn't result in extensive damage same as with all valero's previous abbreviated fights. long hard fights are more damaging.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we'll see EG, we'll see. imo jmm is the more difficult fight and could be a long night for both. as for valero, i don't feel he can hang with manny. his chance is to finish off the pac early which really wouldn't result in extensive damage same as with all valero's previous abbreviated fights. long hard fights are more damaging.
    JMM is DEFINITELY the more difficult fight. I didn't say anything to the contrary! Believe me,when he feels Valero's power,he'll never have felt anything like it. And if he doesn't finish Manny early,Valero will get KTFO. For those early 4-5 rounds,he can knock Manny out. He is a freak,seldom does a fighter possess such power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM is DEFINITELY the more difficult fight. I didn't say anything to the contrary! Believe me,when he feels Valero's power,he'll never have felt anything like it. And if he doesn't finish Manny early,Valero will get KTFO. For those early 4-5 rounds,he can knock Manny out. He is a freak,seldom does a fighter possess such power.
    manny's punches are faster while valero throws wider punches. if manny connects early and frequently, valero wouldn't be able or would be wary to throw his power punches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

manny's punches are faster while valero throws wider punches. if manny connects early and frequently, valero wouldn't be able or would be wary to throw his power punches.
    Sure Valero does but Manny isn't a defensive genius. Valero will land,I have no doubt about that and you're forgetting the new "technical" Manny. And Manny maybe faster but no matter what anyone says or does,he will always have 1 achilles heel:he cannot fight getting backed up.

I'd pick Manny to win for sure but I guarantee that Valero would either drop him or hurt him early.

Seldom do I have such belief in someone's power, but this guy's power is awesome. I've never seen a sparring session stopped because of a head punch! I'd never ever seen Morales seriously hurt until V nom rocked him to his boots in sparring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure Valero does but Manny isn't a defensive genius. Valero will land,I have no doubt about that and you're forgetting the new "technical" Manny. And Manny maybe faster but no matter what anyone says or does,he will always have 1 achilles heel:he cannot fight getting backed up.

I'd pick Manny to win for sure but I guarantee that Valero would either drop him or hurt him early.

Seldom do I have such belief in someone's power, but this guy's power is awesome. I've never seen a sparring session stopped because of a head punch! I'd never ever seen Morales seriously hurt until V nom rocked him to his boots in sparring.
    same thing goes for valero. cannot fight backing up and if manny catches him first he could be in real trouble. with regards to the sparring, morales was testing his defences against valero. i've seen valero spar with suico, although he was outboxing the pinoy wasn't really hurting him that much. and sparring is way different from an official fight, you just can't base it on that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

same thing goes for valero. cannot fight backing up and if manny catches him first he could be in real trouble. with regards to the sparring, morales was testing his defences against valero. i've seen valero spar with suico, although he was outboxing the pinoy wasn't really hurting him that much. and sparring is way different from an official fight, you just can't base it on that.
    Valero has outboxed the Santa Cruz brothers,and Morales in sparring using his footwork. And sparring or not,if you rock someone,hurt them,you have power. That's nothing to do with sparring.

I'm a huge Morales fan and he may have been testing his defence but he was hurt.

Thread Information