Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COUTURE LEAVES THE UFC?!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default COUTURE LEAVES THE UFC?!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5085

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FEDOR NOT SIGNING AND RANDY LEAVES? A NEW ORG? THESE 2 AS THE FIRST FIGHT WOW!!!!! Oh yeah,screw you Fedor haters,THIS SHOULD TELL YOU HOW GOOD AND HIGHLY RATED HE IS,EVEN BY HIS PEERS.

In South Africa shooting scenes for his lead role in the upcoming feature film “The Scorpion King – Rise of the Akkadian,” Couture made the announcement official in a letter to UFC president Dana White. The UFC’s inability to land PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko played a prominent role in the decision to walk away, according to Couture.

“I appreciate this opportunity the sport of MMA and the UFC has given me,” the UFC Hall-of-Famer said. “However, I’m tired of swimming upstream at this stage with the management of the UFC. It only makes sense at this point in my career to fight Fedor Emelianenko, and since he’s now signed with another organization, I feel like it’s time to resign and focus on my other endeavors.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: COUTURE LEAVES THE UFC?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

yO WHERE IS MY BOY SAL? M1 seems to have the big $$$ and it appears a Randy v Fedor fight is going to be one if it's FIRST fights?!?!!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: COUTURE LEAVES THE UFC?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Biggest MMA fight ever?? As their first big fight(M1)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fedor v Randy?! I want this to get signed now!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im pretty sure he cant sign with M1 due to his UFC contract

he resigned cuz hes pissed at dana white

FUCK DANA WHITE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His contract was fight by fight. It's done now. I think he's a free agent and if he's not,I think he'll do whatever it takes to fight Fedor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man I hope he signs with M1 after this movie,for just 1 fight. Dana White is the biggest fwocking ass on this planet. Bar none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: COUTURE LEAVES THE UFC?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

That's crazy to let Randy get so fed up that he leaves. UFC won't be the same without him imo. I'm chomping at the bit to see Randy fight Fedor, so I don't care where they fight.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm taking a wait and see on this....Allowing Randy to leave and fight some where else would be disastrous.....I'm curious how many fights Fedor has on his contract with M1 and exactly what Randy's contractual status is. Wouldn't be suprised to see this play out differently.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: COUTURE LEAVES THE UFC?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm....where is the m1 org based? any info regarding their fight rules or what type of fighting arena they have? cage or ring etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: COUTURE LEAVES THE UFC?!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5085

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FEDOR NOT SIGNING AND RANDY LEAVES? A NEW ORG? THESE 2 AS THE FIRST FIGHT WOW!!!!! Oh yeah,screw you Fedor haters,THIS SHOULD TELL YOU HOW GOOD AND HIGHLY RATED HE IS,EVEN BY HIS PEERS.

In South Africa shooting scenes for his lead role in the upcoming feature film “The Scorpion King – Rise of the Akkadian,” Couture made the announcement official in a letter to UFC president Dana White. The UFC’s inability to land PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko played a prominent role in the decision to walk away, according to Couture.

“I appreciate this opportunity the sport of MMA and the UFC has given me,” the UFC Hall-of-Famer said. “However, I’m tired of swimming upstream at this stage with the management of the UFC. It only makes sense at this point in my career to fight Fedor Emelianenko, and since he’s now signed with another organization, I feel like it’s time to resign and focus on my other endeavors.”
    ]

Here is some quotes by his peers :

Fedor is the best pfp fighter in the world
    -Randy Couture, UFC HW Champion

Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from bj Penn, those 2 are the best fighters in the world.
    -Rampage Jackson, UFC LHW Champion

NOBODY wants to fight fedor
    -Wanderlei Silva, former Pride MW Champion and GP winner

Our great champion, he is the BEST in the world.
    -Josh Barnett, former UFC HW Champion and adcc Champion

Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor Emelianenko.
    – Bas Rutten, former king of Pancrese and UFC HW Champion FSN

Probably the best ever lived….he’s a living legend right now and I don’t think there’s a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal. Pound for pound the best in the world
    –Diego Sanchez, hooterandgreenway radio show

Fedor is my favorite
    -BJ Penn, former UFC Welterweight Champion and bjj world Champion, NWFS 7/9/06

Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself.
    -Brandon Vera

He is the BEST
    -Mark Coleman, former UFC HW Champion and Pride GP Champion

The best in the world, no doubt
    -Phil Baroni

Look, I’ve fought many people from around the world, so I’ve seen many strong fighters. But like him, never
    -Renato Sobral

Fedor would be absolutely great in k1
    -Ernesto Hoost, 4-time k1 World Champion

Fedor is the most incredible fighter you'll ever see
    -Frank Trigg

fedor is pound-for-pound best in the world
    -Shamada (Pride referee)

The best fighter to climb into ANY areana is Emelianenko fedor. He is in his own league and you can't compare nobody.
    -Kevin randleman, former UFC HW Champion

He is the best and undefeated... His striking game and his ground game is the best, so that's why he is the best... He is the sh*t
    -Mark Hunt, k1 World Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont how exactly Ufc could not aquire Fedor ? I mean they got everyone
    else from Crocop, Shogun, Wanderlei, Big Nog etc etc

Fedor Vs Randy for me is the biggest MMA fight to happen but it aint.

Silva V Chuck is a great standup fight but in terms of mma doing everything
    standing up, clinch game, GnP, Bjj etc then Fedor V Randy is the ultimate fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mugabi saad
    hmmmm....where is the m1 org based? any info regarding their fight rules or what type of fighting arena they have? cage or ring etc?
    based out of russia...found their website but its written in cyrillic alphabet
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    Quote Originally Posted by mugabi saad
    based out of russia...found their website but its written in cyrillic alphabet
    ive read

that
    theyre owned by an 'undisclosed american sporting company'

now just imagine (although i doubt its even like 1% possible) it was EliteXC

imagine they had aquired him through M1 so the UFC didnt think it was a threat and wouldnt try to counter offer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of the talk is that it's Mark Cuban who is the guy behind all this. That would just be crazy but I doubt it.

Trigg said it was Cuban though and he was right about Fedor.

If I'm allowed to speculate, the Maloof brothers (owners of the Kings and Arco Arena) are big fans of boxing and MMA, maybe it could be them.

What if it was Vince McMahon? That 15 Mil would be chump change for him and the vail of secrecy makes things interesting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    A lot of the talk is that it's Mark Cuban who is the guy behind all this. That would just be crazy but I doubt it.

Trigg said it was Cuban though and he was right about Fedor.

If I'm allowed to speculate, the Maloof brothers (owners of the Kings and Arco Arena) are big fans of boxing and MMA, maybe it could be them.

What if it was Vince McMahon? That 15 Mil would be chump change for him and the vail of secrecy makes things interesting.
    DEFINITELY NOT mcmahon

mcmahons son has been asking him to let him start an MMA organization for a while now and vince has been saying no cuz he feels that MMA is being overexposed in the US and eventually will have a HUGE downfall with allot of organizations shutting down

also the WWF is in ALLOT of trouble right now, so i doubt he would spend any resources on anything else

Thread Information