Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do I have a chance?

I'm 34 6'1 and every bit of 285lbs and no phyiscal problems other than being overwieght. The only boxing I have every done is on a bunching bag I have at home and the play oversized boxing gloves at fundraisers. I've wanted for a long time to train and have at least 3 amateur fights. Is it too late for me at my age and weight? If not, how do I get started and could I be ready for a match in under a year? I live in rural Missouri and have not found a boxing gym near by. I am over an hour from KC, Jefferson City and Columbia but I am willing to put in the time. Do I have a chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do I have a chance?

If you want to fight amateur you might need to check the rules RE age limits with the boxing commission in your area. Where I am the max age is 33 to compete in amateur boxing.

Apart from that I'd find a boxing gym, start training and when you're feeling fit and strong and discuss it with your trainer. After all if you get to that stage you've still achieved a lot, learnt a lot, become much healthier and gotten to see what a most of it is about - the training! You'll also have a better idea of how much time you'd want to put into your training and whether training to compete is going to mesh with the other priorities in your life.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do I have a chance?

Thanks for your thoughts. Looks like the closest boxing gym is nearly 80 miles away. Also, it appears in my state the have a special division for guys over 34 called master novice. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

Thread Information