Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Just Watched Cintron vs Margarito Anyone Think Cintron Does Better In Rematch

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Just Watched Cintron vs Margarito Anyone Think Cintron Does Better In Rematch

The Cintron that lost to Margarito that night is nowhere close to the Cintron that now fights under the tutelage of one Emanuel Steward. I think things would go a lot different in a rematch.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Q!

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I think Taylor will have a hard time coming back against pavlik,I dont think he can box any better vs Pavlik again and he sure as sh!! cant stand with him.
    Here too...totally agree.

Taylor's gonna keep backing up as soon as Pavlik plants one of those straight piped rights into his face.
    I think hes "shell shocked".Pavlik KNOWS He can walk him down
    CC Back at You Wack
    Agreed. Not sure if you've seen this or not but click the link & watch it out.

Good stuff from Kelly. I love the fact that Pavlik's such good people.

Somewhere out there there's a post fight interview with Taylor that's pretty good...he's givin respect & so is Manny. They don't sound to eager for a rematch as he was when he got out of the ring.

http://www.freethefan.com/headline/2...ik#topheadline

Thanks for the connect wacko.Its very refreshing to hear some humility, straight talk and Respect in contrast to the arrogant Sh!! talkers who tend to be the media darlings these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Just Watched Cintron vs Margarito Anyone Think Cintron Does Better In Rema

Margarito has the mental edge and the tools to beat Cintron again. I like Cintron and think he will do better than before, but Margarito has still looked as good as he did the first time he fought him. A close loss to Williams doesnt make him a damaged fighter, and a few decent wins for Cintron doesnt make him a bigger threat to Margarito than he was before.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Just Watched Cintron vs Margarito Anyone Think Cintron Does Better In Rema

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Margarito has the mental edge and the tools to beat Cintron again. I like Cintron and think he will do better than before, but Margarito has still looked as good as he did the first time he fought him. A close loss to Williams doesn't make him a damaged fighter, and a few decent wins for Cintron doesn't make him a bigger threat to Margarito than he was before.
    agree Boom,I think being with sterward will benefit Cintron Greatly as he seems like a studied pupal.I see a great fight but with cintron going out on his shield and Margarito Maintaining a Formidable presence for other guys to watch out for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito has the mental edge and the tools to beat Cintron again. I like Cintron and think he will do better than before, but Margarito has still looked as good as he did the first time he fought him. A close loss to Williams doesn't make him a damaged fighter, and a few decent wins for Cintron doesn't make him a bigger threat to Margarito than he was before.
    agree Boom,I think being with sterward will benefit Cintron Greatly as he seems like a studied pupal.I see a great fight but with cintron going out on his shield and Margarito Maintaining a Formidable presence for other guys to watch out for.
    Steward will definately benefit him. Cintron is the kind of fighter Steward can do wonders with. If Magarito fights him again it will be the best Cinton there is. This fight could actually be a winning situation for both guys cause I think theyd both make a good showing with Antonio coming through with the win.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steward will definately benefit him. Cintron is the kind of fighter Steward can do wonders with. If Magarito fights him again it will be the best Cinton there is. This fight could actually be a winning situation for both guys cause I think theyd both make a good showing with Antonio coming through with the win.
    Hopefully after this,IF it all works out,he can rematch Rue Paul this time starting early instead of mid round and really show how hitable Williams is .One Thing at a time though .CC Boom .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Just Watched Cintron vs Margarito Anyone Think Cintron Does Better In Rematch

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    The Cintron that lost to Margarito that night is nowhere close to the Cintron that now fights under the tutelage of one Emanuel Steward. I think things would go a lot different in a rematch.
    I agree.

I think Margarito lost the mental edge he would've had over Cintron as well. Margarito has been unimpressive in his last two while Cintron has been on a nice little streak. That Matthysse KO was brutal to say the least.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Padilla
    I agree.

I think Margarito lost the mental edge he would've had over Cintron as well. Margarito has been unimpressive in his last two while Cintron has been on a nice little streak. That Matthysse KO was brutal to say the least.
    I dont think you can lose a Mental edge by competing and going 3-1 in your last 4 with 3 of them being top ten world contenders.Williams fight was nip and tuck close to me.Cintron s Improved but Always consider the Competition.I hope it happens,great rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree.

I dont think you can lose a Mental edge by competing and going 3-1 in your last 4 with 3 of them being top ten world contenders.Williams fight was nip and tuck close to me.Cintron s Improved but Always consider the Competition.I hope it happens,great rematch.
    True. But confidence has alot to do with being successful. When a fighter starts to doubt himself it can be trouble. I'm not saying Cintron would win this easily or anything. I'm just saying that right now Margarito has been on his way down while Cintron has been rising. This fight would be a pick'em if it happened tommorow IMO.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree.

True. But confidence has alot to do with being successful. When a fighter starts to doubt himself it can be trouble. I'm not saying Cintron would win this easily or anything. I'm just saying that right now Margarito has been on his way down while Cintron has been rising. This fight would be a pick'em if it happened tommorow IMO.
    Fair enough dude,I just dont see how Margarito Has lost any Mental strength at all.I think the bigger question concerning self doubts is of Cintron and the way He lost..brutal.That can stick with a fighter much more deeply than losing a 2 or 3 point fight (Margarito).Cintron will have flashbacks about 1st fight when he looks across the ring.Hopefully we'll see this fight

Thread Information