0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Naz Hall of Fame Bound

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Should I say it or do you guys already know what I'm gonna say about the IBHF?
    (In regards to McGuigan )

Ah! F*** it!!!

If they let McGuigan in then that pretty much leaves the door wide open.
    McGuigan has had an immeasurable affect on boxing over here Mick.
    I myself am a detractor of Barry as i always contest peoples claims that he was a brilliant boxer.
    He wasn't he was a limited boxer with a massive heart, great chin and will to fight.
    But...
    Over here he is a legend, Americans cannot realise the significance that Barry had on this country.
    He was the one man that could quel the constant to and fro violence between both sides of Irelands political and religious divides and in the process of doing so he bettered relations between Ireland and the English.
    On top of all that, he has been a huge ambassador for the sport, it is because of him that Ireland now has a great wealth of young amateur Boxers, a number of good Professional prospects and indeed he was the inspiration for such Irish fighters as Lee, Duddy, McCullough, Dunne and Macklin.
    He has also has contributed to the sport through his presence as a tv personality and indeed celebrity, a position he utilises to promote the sport of boxing and offer inspiration to young boxers everywher.
    Ask anyone in the Uk or Ireland who Bernard Hopkins is? Who's Kelly Pavlik? Joel Casamayor?
    Floyd Mayweather? A smallpercentage may no that they're boxers.
    Ask anybody who Barry McGuigan is and they'll no

I guess itl be the same for Naz, altho i don't no if i approve as Naz was less of a positive infleunce for me
    CC. Nice post. Didn't know he was that influential over their. Always good to learn something new. Some guys have influence that transends their actual accomplishments in a sport, and I didn't realize McGuinan was that kind of figure.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw
    Good Read CC Fen

I'm not too sure if Hamed deserves to be in the HOF though
    He does...I miss Hamed. Would have loved to have seen the proposed comeback. Shame it never happened.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Should I say it or do you guys already know what I'm gonna say about the IBHF?
    (In regards to McGuigan )

Ah! F*** it!!!

If they let McGuigan in then that pretty much leaves the door wide open.
    McGuigan has had an immeasurable affect on boxing over here Mick.
    I myself am a detractor of Barry as i always contest peoples claims that he was a brilliant boxer.
    He wasn't he was a limited boxer with a massive heart, great chin and will to fight.
    But...
    Over here he is a legend, Americans cannot realise the significance that Barry had on this country.
    He was the one man that could quel the constant to and fro violence between both sides of Irelands political and religious divides and in the process of doing so he bettered relations between Ireland and the English.
    On top of all that, he has been a huge ambassador for the sport, it is because of him that Ireland now has a great wealth of young amateur Boxers, a number of good Professional prospects and indeed he was the inspiration for such Irish fighters as Lee, Duddy, McCullough, Dunne and Macklin.
    He has also has contributed to the sport through his presence as a tv personality and indeed celebrity, a position he utilises to promote the sport of boxing and offer inspiration to young boxers everywher.
    Ask anyone in the Uk or Ireland who Bernard Hopkins is? Who's Kelly Pavlik? Joel Casamayor?
    Floyd Mayweather? A smallpercentage may no that they're boxers.
    Ask anybody who Barry McGuigan is and they'll no

I guess itl be the same for Naz, altho i don't no if i approve as Naz was less of a positive infleunce for me
    CC. Nice post. Didn't know he was that influential over their. Always good to learn something new. Some guys have influence that transends their actual accomplishments in a sport, and I didn't realize McGuinan was that kind of figure.
    I'm not exaggerating when i say McGuigan LITERALLY stopped people from killing each other. During his fights all the bombings, shootings and riots used to stop because everybody, (on both sides!) would be watching Barry Fight.

Thread Information