Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Interview with Sugar Shane Mosley

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/feature/151

I don't know about you guys but I've lost a bit of respect for Shane over this whole doping situation. Am I the only? Am I not correct in saying that he has gotten off lightly because he is such a nice guy and had it been someone we disliked,we would have called for much harsher measures to be taken against him?

Anyway,it's a good read. He thinks his speed and power will be the difference for the fight. He also walks around with a 25pound vest on,and does shadow boxing with light weights,does this actually work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Interview with Sugar Shane Mosley

The weights probably make your power more "natural" meaning you're more used to throwing punches harder rather than trying to throw power shots. If nothing else, it makes you feel lighter in the ring and maybe gives you more stamina going down the stretch.

I agree. Mosley is such a nice guy; nobody has a bad word to say about him. Even Oscar is mum and he was the other party to that match (being business partners probably has something to do with it). If it had been Bernard Hopkins we'd all be ready to toss him in the garbage can.
    Oops

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    The weights probably make your power more "natural" meaning you're more used to throwing punches harder rather than trying to throw power shots. If nothing else, it makes you feel lighter in the ring and maybe gives you more stamina going down the stretch.

I agree. Mosley is such a nice guy; nobody has a bad word to say about him. Even Oscar is mum and he was the other party to that match (being business partners probably has something to do with it). If it had been Bernard Hopkins we'd all be ready to toss him in the garbage can.
    CC,interesting thoughts about the weights. Totally agree with the second paragraph,as I've said before,no-one thinks it's a big deal because it's Shane. In other sports,like MMA,dopers are being punished,whether the product was taken by "accident" or not. Heck even in boxing,there have been boxers like Omar Nino who was suspended right?

Shane is a nice guy so no-one says anything. Anyone else,they would be hung out to dry. Imagine it being Zab!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I guess it's the same way with Mark McGuire and Sammy Sossa. Not many people gave them a hard time either. Regardless of what might've happen they are both great ball players and great guys.

Also, I for one tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. The fact is that at no time has Shane Mosley or McGuire or Sossa or Bonds have ever tested positive for any illigal substance. Untill they do, you won't find me saying anything against them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good article, thanks Mr. Gamo. It's hard for me to lose alot of respect for Mosley, he seems such a good guy, but that's hypocritical because if it was a fighter I disliked I'd be real vocal about it At least we still get to see this fight and it hasn't been called off. I am chomping at the bit waiting for this one. I almost wish they weren't fighting as I am a big fan of both.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Shane is a nice guy so no-one says anything. Anyone else,they would be hung out to dry. Imagine it being Zab!
    No!!!! Its because this happened 4-5 years ago and he never tested positive for a banned substance even at the time of the incident.

The only people being punished are the ones who are testing positive. You cant intelligenly punish someone in sports when they passed all the required tests.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

No!!!! Its because this happened 4-5 years ago and he never tested positive for a banned substance even at the time of the incident.

The only people being punished are the ones who are testing positive. You cant intelligenly punish someone in sports when they passed all the required tests.
    Mosley even took lie detector test and he passed with flying colours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft

Lie detector tests don't mean squat! And JT,if Shane admitted to it,what more is there to say??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lie detector tests don't mean squat! And JT,if Shane admitted to it,what more is there to say??
    Admit what? if he was taking a banned substance than it would have shown up in the pre and post fight screening, since there was no protocol or standard devolped for designer growth hormone, there is nothing that can be done about it. Its quite simple really

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Admit what? if he was taking a banned substance than it would have shown up in the pre and post fight screening, since there was no protocol or standard devolped for designer growth hormone, there is nothing that can be done about it. Its quite simple really
    Shane Mosley admitted to taking a substance which was banned. So I don't really understand what your point is to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane Mosley admitted to taking a substance which was banned. So I don't really understand what your point is to be honest.
    I take it you dont know much about designer Roids and Groth hormone do you? Just because I admitted to killing someone they wouldnt or couldn't convict me unless the evidence was conclusive and beyond a reasonable doubt... If they were testing for a basic Roid or Hormone and Shane passed the test but had other undetectable substance in his body than he passes the criteria.. You cant go back and punish him since "Technically" he passed the tests and there is no hard,concrete evidence just a confession, which again dont mean a pile of dookey unless there is conclusive evidence to go with it You following me now?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It must sicken DLH as the second fight was so tight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very true. I know many back then were able to beat the tests with "The Clear" at that time. Testing methods have caught up some so I do hope Shane is keeping himself clean now. The HGH issue is a tough one. I would not have any issues with an athlete using it short term in treating a severe injury, but even that would open a new can of worms and make it more available to the gray market.

If investigators were able to dig deep, I have a feeling many fighters would get caught. I know when I see chiseled up, bulky looking fighters now, they make me wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamo do you have a source on this? As far as I can remember he never actually admitted to knowingly taking a performance enhancing drug with the purpose getting an illigal advantage. At least in the article I read it sounded more like he followed the trainer's instructions and was not aware there was something wrong.

I, of course could be way off on this. Please let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This argument is lame because the steroids Shane took were DESIGNED to go UNDETECTED. That's why they were taken!! All the people associated with Balco did not test positive for steroids because they used "designer" steroids.

Thread Information