Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Hatton have defeated KT if the fight was held in Vegas and not in Hatton's

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Would Hatton have defeated KT if the fight was held in Vegas and not in Hatton's

Would Hatton have defeated KT if the fight was held in Vegas and not in Hatton's backyard?

Not to take anything away from Hatton and his performance and win over KT. I am quite a big fan of both fighters. But many criticize how Hatton allegedly gets away with more of his antics/fighting style in his backyard with his so called wrestling and roughhousing manner. Had Hatton fought KT in Vegas or Atlantic City instead of in Hattons backyard would there have been a possible different outcome to the fight?

What do you honestly feel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Hatton have defeated KT if the fight was held in Vegas and not in Hatton's

Might have depended alot on who the referee would have been.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Hatton have defeated KT if the fight was held in Vegas and not in Hatton's

No. An unbiased referee would of DQ'ed Hatton like he deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    that is true. so u feel if the ref was like lets say hypothetically like joe cortez or jay nady and the fight was still in hatton's backyard the outcome would still be similar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    interesting! i wonder how many other fights Hatton had back in his hometown would of panned out had they been in america with an american ref?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID TUA
    that is true. so u feel if the ref was like lets say hypothetically like joe cortez or jay nady and the fight was still in hatton's backyard the outcome would still be similar?
    Violent Demise may be right. I just remebered that blatant, viscious low blow he gave to Kostya, that alone may have done it.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Hatton have defeated KT if the fight was held in Vegas and not in Hatt

interesting! i wonder how many other fights Hatton had back in his hometown would of panned out had they been in america with an american ref?

Not that many. Hatton didn't turn into the hugging monster he is until recently. Hatton before that won his fights with pressure and a good body attack. It's a shame that now he rather snuggle more than fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Violent Demise may be right. I just remebered that blatant, viscious low blow he gave to Kostya, that alone may have done it.
    yeah speaking of that low blow i read an article that said KT had to be hospital for a week and urinated blood painfully for a week after that fight. that tells me there was some major low blow damage or atleast body shots galore done to KT that night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Hatton have defeated KT if the fight was held in Vegas and not in Hatt

Not that many. Hatton didn't turn into the hugging monster he is until recently. Hatton before that won his fights with pressure and a good body attack. It's a shame that now he rather snuggle more than fight.
    F#ckin' SNUGGLE, LMAO!!!! CC for that one.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F#ckin' SNUGGLE, LMAO!!!! CC for that one.
    LOL SNUGGLE? wasnt that the homosexual teddy bear spokesperson for snuggle fabric softner? lol. id post his pic but i think im not allowed to post pics till i reach a certain amount of posts first right guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah speaking of that low blow i read an article that said KT had to be hospital for a week and urinated blood painfully for a week after that fight. that tells me there was some major low blow damage or atleast body shots galore done to KT that night.
    Yeah, I'm a big Hatton fan but that was out of line hitting him low like that. The only way it could have been more brutal is if Hatton kicked him in his little buddies.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could have sworn I saw Hatton once nod at that referee and then the referee broke up the clinch that had Hatton at a disadvantage. them up. Another questionable call was a legitimate body shot that made Hatton take a knee. However, the referee called it a low blow. It was a legitimate knockdown!! I have the fight and have watched it many times. I do not lie!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO! Tszyu gave away to many advantages to Hatton and he underestimated his opponent.(That was his fault) If the fight was in Vegas with an American ref things would have been differant, Hatton probably would have lost 3 or 4 points for a start then DQ'd in round 9!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hatton beat his a$$... get over it...

anyone can bash a boxers performance by coming up with hypothetical nonsense and made-up conspiracy theories...

it seems like some posters only purpose here is to bash fighters...

get over it... move on and talk about boxers you like for a change..

doesnt it get old talking sh!t and discrediting boxers you are obviously biased against

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    hatton beat his a$$... get over it...

anyone can bash a boxers performance by coming up with hypothetical nonsense and made-up conspiracy theories...

it seems like some posters only purpose here is to bash fighters...

get over it... move on and talk about boxers you like for a change..

doesnt it get old talking sh!t and discrediting boxers you are obviously biased against
    The fact that there are so many fight fans that seem to agree that their was a biased ref, even after so long, may actually show that he was biased.? I mean u cannot deny that Hatton was legit knocked down, and that he low blowed KT badly can u? U cannot deny that if the fight was reffed in a way that advantaged Hatton?

On the other hand I think KT can only blame himself for giving all the advantages to Ricky for extra cash. He made more money in that fight, but it cost him his career. He should have made Hatton fight him in Vegas or Sydney, even if it meant less cash, but allowed him to have a couple more fights against the likes of PBF.

Thread Information