Many fighters don't fit neatly into these catagories, but I would say 95% of fighters fall into these groups MOST of the time. Obviously, the best can change styles from fight to fight or change their styles over their careers.

Examples:

Swarmers: Joe Frazier, Ricky Hatton, Juan Diaz, Jake LaMotta, Mike Tyson
Boxers: Sweet Pea, PBF, Paulie M, Sugar Ray Leonard
Punchers: George Foreman, Ding-a-Ling Wilson, Ernie Shavers, O'Neil Bell, Naseem Hamed
Boxer-Punchers- This is probably going the be majority winner. Tommy Hearns, Kelly Pavlik, Wlad Klitchko, Ray Robinson

I'm allowing two votes, because I think most people would automatically choose Boxer-Puncher, and I want to see how the other styles rate. I though about including an "any style done well", but I think pretty much everyone on this forum appreciates any style done well.

Boxer-Punchers are my top choice, because they combine skill with power. I don't like fighters who go into bouts looking only for point victories. I like guys who find a way to break down their opponent and end the fight. Boxer-Punchers give the science and the thunder. After that, I love swarmers. I appreciate the workrate, the pressure, and they usually make action packed fights. They break down fighters with pressure, and even if they win on points, they gave you your money's worth.

As for pure boxers and pure punchers, I enjoy watching the very best, but I could really care less about about watching mediocre feather-fisted "boxers." Even really good ones, like Cory Spinks, mostly bore me. If I like pure puncher, it's generally because I like their heart or personality - ie Darnell Wilson. I root for the guy, but I've fallen asleep during several of his fights and had to rewind back to the KO.

And one follow up question/related discussion - where does RJJ fit in the spectum? Boxer-Puncher or Boxer gets KO's from accumation? Maybe he just defies classifying.