Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good read, good question : Why is Juan Diaz not respected or a fan favorite?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Good read, good question : Why is Juan Diaz not respected or a fan favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Casamayor is almost 40, fights once every couple years and doesn't even hold a belt.

If he's ignored it's his own fault, he could start by actually taking some fights and trying to show people he's still around.
    Very well stated...but I thought that he was the WBC champ?
    He got stripped, David Diaz holds it now I think, cc returned,
    If I'm not mistaken Casamayor was given the belt back. So I guess there's 2 champions. Anyway who gives a fuck, it's just another example why the belts mean nothing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Good read, good question : Why is Juan Diaz not respected or a fan favorite?

Casamayor is almost 40, fights once every couple years and doesn't even hold a belt.

If he's ignored it's his own fault, he could start by actually taking some fights and trying to show people he's still around.
    Really? Hmmmmm...I thought that that was off due to Diaz Morales.

Sanctioning bodies & politics are worse than snakes & grass. It amazes me that these fighters fight for minimal dollars, respect, & their lives while these fat cats & promoters just get paid off of their hard work.

Douche bags.
    I have no idea why they did it but when Freitas announced his unretirement, Casamayor said he wanted to fight him. The WBC wanted him to fight Diaz though and so they just stripped him of the title instead.

A nice honest and totally above board decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really? Hmmmmm...I thought that that was off due to Diaz Morales.

Sanctioning bodies & politics are worse than snakes & grass. It amazes me that these fighters fight for minimal dollars, respect, & their lives while these fat cats & promoters just get paid off of their hard work.

Douche bags.
    I have no idea why they did it but when Freitas announced his unretirement, Casamayor said he wanted to fight him. The WBC wanted him to fight Diaz though and so they just stripped him of the title instead.

A nice honest and totally above board decision
    for the info...& you may be right...but I swear that I thought I read that he had the title back somehow or maybe it was a Ring title...or some shit...maybe it's that I read that about him being stripped over Freitas...I just don't recall...I don't keep up with Casa much...& I aint offering excuses for not knowing...but I'm a bit fuzzy on all matters Casa.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's a boxing legend in the making. I've never said that about any other fighter but in Juan's case I will put that out there cause I really believe it. I think if people gave him a chance and actually watched him instead of listening to critics saying he has fought weak competition (which is not true), or he cant punch (which is also not true), he would be embraced more. His last two performances were not only dominant, but damn good fights. Hes not a one punch KO artist but he can put break someone down and stop him, which is even more punishing. I dont blame him for not fighting Casamayor right now because there is nothing to gain by fighting him. If he beat him people would say Casa was past it.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look boom i watched him fight and i would not say he is a legend in the making quite yet just a good fighter i mean the lightweight division not weak sure as shit ain't strong either lest see how he does when he moves up which i think going to happen in a year or so that lack of power going to be the end of him because if he can not back a guy up what is he going to do but who knows but keep it in mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed mick. He is relentless in the ring and i enjoyed the diaz v diaz fight. I love the little sounds he makes when he throws punches.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juan Diaz is not a fan favourite for 1 main reason,and Larry Merchant mentioned it and the end of the Diaz-Diaz fight,where's the hype? This young,unbeaten strong fighter with an exciting style,with THREE belts and he's fighting in Chicago?! For what reason? Where was the hype for the fight?

Don King is not doing enough to make him a star,which he should be by now. Hopefully he'll get his chance soon,he deserves it. Also,with his style,you have to winder how long he is going to be around.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he trys to move up in weight i do not think he will last very long at all then go off and be a lawyer

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say probably just the lack of power, some people just can't get behind a guy that doesn't have a lot of power.

I don't know, he's one of my favorite fighters and I've liked him for a long time.

Casa might be lineal but Juan Diaz is the best fighter in the world at 135. Of course there going to try to get a fight with Pac, its more money, more exposure, its like Floyd fighting ODLH, that might not be who everybody wanted him to fight but its just the logical fight to make money wise, career wise. But I don't think there gonna get a Pac fight any time soon so hopefully he'll get a fight with Casa. He won't get any credit for winning that though, people will just say Casa's shot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think he is going with the wbo mandatory Katidas or what ever his name is every one says it is going to be a good fight but i do not know the guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    Look boom i watched him fight and i would not say he is a legend in the making quite yet just a good fighter i mean the lightweight division not weak sure as S*** ain't strong either lest see how he does when he moves up which i think going to happen in a year or so that lack of power going to be the end of him because if he can not back a guy up what is he going to do but who knows but keep it in mind
    Im just going by his age, what hes already done, and what he can do. He has already had good career and is a vetran at 24 and fights like one. He could retire tommorow at 33-0 as champion but he has probably a decade lefty in the sport, maybe more. Hes not a "great" fighter yet but he will do what all great fighter do when faced with adversity, and win. There arent many guys who have accomplished as much as him at his age in the way that he did. Unless he cant handle a loss, I cant see his career doing anything but get better. If I was him id stay at lightweight as long as possible cause youre right he wont be as sucessful at higher weights.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC very well put Boom i am a bit harsh on Juan but he has accomplished a lot your right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC very well put Boom i am a bit harsh on Juan but he has accomplished a lot your right
    who has he beaten

An overrated Julio and washed up Freitas

He is good but not great..IMO Casamayor schools this guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Juan Diaz is not a fan favourite for 1 main reason,and Larry Merchant mentioned it and the end of the Diaz-Diaz fight,where's the hype? This young,unbeaten strong fighter with an exciting style,with THREE belts and he's fighting in Chicago?! For what reason? Where was the hype for the fight?

Don King is not doing enough to make him a star,which he should be by now. Hopefully he'll get his chance soon,he deserves it. Also,with his style,you have to winder how long he is going to be around.
    Very well put.

For Don King to be the great promoter & marketing genius that he claims to be...he sure as shat aint done jack for Juan.

Personally...I think he'll do fine with his style...as long as he starts utilizing his defense more often.

Think he is going with the wbo mandatory Katidas or what ever his name is every one says it is going to be a good fight but i do not know the guy
    Katsidis is the shit...but he won't be able to hang with the output of Juan Diaz & he'll also get read like an open book.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Look boom i watched him fight and i would not say he is a legend in the making quite yet just a good fighter i mean the lightweight division not weak sure as S*** ain't strong either lest see how he does when he moves up which i think going to happen in a year or so that lack of power going to be the end of him because if he can not back a guy up what is he going to do but who knows but keep it in mind
    Im just going by his age, what hes already done, and what he can do. He has already had good career and is a vetran at 24 and fights like one. He could retire tommorow at 33-0 as champion but he has probably a decade lefty in the sport, maybe more. Hes not a "great" fighter yet but he will do what all great fighter do when faced with adversity, and win. There arent many guys who have accomplished as much as him at his age in the way that he did. Unless he cant handle a loss, I cant see his career doing anything but get better. If I was him id stay at lightweight as long as possible cause youre right he wont be as sucessful at higher weights.
    Boom. Very well put.

He has done a shitload to be as young as he is...no way in hell can I see or picture him doing anything outside of improving. I agree that he needs to stay at lightweight for awhile. There are plenty of game contenders to beat...after that...even though I have my doubts...I want to believe that he could be effective at light welter...I guess we'll just have to wait & see.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boom. Very well put.

He has done a shitload to be as young as he is...no way in hell can I see or picture him doing anything outside of improving. I agree that he needs to stay at lightweight for awhile. There are plenty of game contenders to beat...after that...even though I have my doubts...I want to believe that he could be effective at light welter...I guess we'll just have to wait & see.
    I also want to believe that But he has to build a stronger foundation...BAby FAT will be beaten up so bad by the Welters IMO...He must tone those muscles.Maybe after 2 years the babyfat will already catch up to him and he will have to move up...I highly doubt it that he can dominate the higher weights with his style

Thread Information