Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fedor/M1 details,I hope it works!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fedor/M1 details,I hope it works!!!!!!!

http://mmafightline.com/news/2007/fe...o_306029.shtml

It sounds awesome guys:

Monte Cox — the long-time manager of mixed martial artists such as former welterweight champion Matt Hughes — was was named President and CEO of M-1 Global.

-Monte Cox stated at the conference that they are looking for the best oppentents in the world to fight Fedor.

“There’s a couple guys who we heard became free. I don’t know. It’s just a rumor.“ said Cox, in a thinly veiled comment directed at Randy Couture. During media events this past weekend at UFC 77, White said he will not release Couture from his contract. Couture has two fights remaining on the deal, and White hinted that the matter will likely have to be settled by the courts.

-At this time, no opponent or date has been set for the debut of Russian superstar Fedor Emelianenko under the M-1 banner.

-M-1 is searching for a television partner and is eager to stage an event as early as February 2008.

-In the next 10 days, M-1 will reveal its stable of fighters who will join Emelianenko on the new roster.

-UFC turned down an offer to match Emelianenko up against Tim Sylvia, Fedor isn't sure if Sylvia turned it down of if the UFC turned it down.

-Fedor mentioned that his brother, Aleks, was offered a “low ball” contract to fight inside the Octagon. The goal is to sign him to an M-1 contract as soon as possible.

-M-1 will follow PRIDE FC rules for the most part and not include elbows.

-Fedor rejects the “number one pound for pound fighter” in the world label because he hasn’t fought and defeated all the best fighters in the world.

-M-1 has had many offers to work with other organizations.

-M-1 is as popular in Europe as the UFC is here in North America.

-Fedor is asked why he made the decision not to sign with the UFC. He said that M-1 is going to be an open company and not closed which means he can compete with all champions. He does not feel like the UFC is open.

My favourite parts are the ones highlighted. Screw Dana White,I hope Fedor tours around all the other organisations beating their top HW!!! Open organisations is the future in my opinion and the more this catches on,the more the UFC will be left behind. The PRIDE rules and the open org sound AWESOME¬¬

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fedor/M1 details,I hope it works!!!!!!!

But to hear the Russian describe it, that deal was doomed from the word "crazy."

"It was not a pleasant thing to hear," said Emelianenko (26-1-0, 1 NC), responding to UFC president Dana White's drumbeat against the fighter's "crazy Russian" management.

"You cannot start a relationship with someone using those phrases."

Though Emelianenko's management, led by Finkelchtein and Apy Echteld, expressed in late July that the UFC offer was extremely lucrative, it also was the most restrictive in terms of likeness rights, exclusivity and other points they did not want their fighter to concede on. The UFC chose not to budge as well.

But in the end the decision not to sign with mixed martial arts most successful promoter, said Emelianenko, was his alone.

Fedor talking about why the UFC deal did not go down.

Thread Information