Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Herbie Hide ??

I'm re-doing some lists and Going through some old tapes and came across Hides Fights with Percell Davis(ugghh) and Michael Bent.Surprised hes still around.
    Needless to say over here I do not have the opportunity to see Sky or any other Network bouts from across the Pond and am wondering if Hes still viable and legit Contender?He looked to have good power and movement but a brittle chin ?
    The only other time I had seen him in the states was His fight with Riddick bowe...ouch.I checked on Boxrec and He looks to have dropped down to Cruiser albeit against Grade c Opponents?Also looks like he Has some run ins with the law.Can he do anything at Cruiser?
    Can any fan with Insight and info on current status and what the real deal is fill me In?Much appreciated and thanks alot .

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Herbie Hide ??

he's pretty much done with i'd say.....as far as doin anything meaningful goes
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

seems to be fighting out of Germany. 4 fights this year (I think) and all wins. Was average, still is, won't ever be any different.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

heres what he had to say to us last year...

http://www.saddoboxing.com/3953-excl...rbie-hide.html

so the attitude was still there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo

LOL Hold On! Hold On! Don't go dissin Herbie like dat! He'll go to your gym and take you outside!

He definitely is not suffering from a lack of confidence!hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Herbie had no business in the HW division....That was his biggest career mistake...Just my Opp though
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed Daxx, better suited as a cruiser.

And wow, the guy has an attitude to match his punching power
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Herbie had no business in the HW division....That was his biggest career mistake...Just my Opp though
    It probably made him more money in the short term tho. There wasnt that many big names in the cruisr division when Herbie decided to be a HW.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo

Wow,Its sitting right under my nose.Thanks for the connect Saddo,Very reveling.
    Only judging from Interview....He sounds like a paper tiger?Calling out Harrison after 2 straight losses,Guess he wanted a piece of headline and saw the writing on the wall as far as audleys weakness.
    I have to ask why move to a Mega fight town in Vegas and not get in the mix of Media and more than enough "opponents".Is he still under contract overseas?He rips on not getting fights..KOs a 3-5 guy and even brags on doing it without all punches landed LOl.Must have WILLED him KO'D,and then..... sits out 6 more months of inactivity.
    Sounds like he really doesn't want to be overhere ,Does not even answer question about Eddie Mustapha Muhammad but instead reflects on Jimmy McDonnell.... Understandable though.
    Hes also very Rigid on "I'm not a Heavy" over and over.Oddly though from what I've seen He Might make some noise at Cruiser if he just gets in the Mix with descent guys He has fast hands and mobility and from what Ive seen he can bang (Bent KO was sad sh!!)I'd like to see him in a go."Bell couldn't clean my toilet" Lol,Good line but Imo should get in the ring overhere to build up spotlight.
    He does sound like a Very proud Man (?) and is proud of Homeland!
    Great insight Saddo.Thanks alot for the education.Good stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last i remember seeing Herbie was when he got owned by V Klitshko. There was a big build up for the fight, the British commentators had Herbie as favourite!!! Then Pow it was over in 2.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    It probably made him more money in the short term tho. There wasnt that many big names in the cruisr division when Herbie decided to be a HW.
    Do you Think He can do damage In top 10 Cruisers??
    It always seems the Good Cruisers get a $$$ itch and Move up to Heavy where they come crashing down (Sometimes).If he can fight like he talks ...Just save time and give him the belt now . He looked like a YO-YO vs. Bowe although he actually rocked bowe early.Looks like fast power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats why a lot of small heavies skipped over the division if there was money to be made Jones would have made a stop for one of the belts and Toney more then likely would have stuck around...

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    It always seems the Good Cruisers get a $$$ itch and Move up to Heavy where they come crashing down (Sometimes).If he can fight like he talks ...Just save time and give him the belt now . He looked like a YO-YO vs. Bowe although he actually rocked bowe early.Looks like fast power.

I think he could have been a force in the CW division...now he is on the way out and there are some younger guys who would be too much for him at this point in his career
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    I'll reserve judgement til he fights a top guy at cruiser. No doubt he has(had) the tools to be a great Cruiser but can he still use them. He never really beat any names in the HW division and got beaten by some no names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't understand why people think he could be a force at cruiserweight or anywhere else. I know it's a weak division, but it isn't that weak. Biggest problems - mental strength, and lack of accuracy against quality.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker
    Agreed Daxx, better suited as a cruiser.

And wow, the guy has an attitude to match his punching power
    Yeah I know a boxer who personally knew him and he reckons he's one of the biggest pricks going. Tight bastard who felt he didn't have to pay for things because he was 'Herbie Hide'...Herbie fucking Who?

Thread Information