Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar named second highest paid athlete for the year by forbes

"Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Oscar named second highest paid athlete for the year by forbes

Not bad eh? I can't believe Tiger Woods makes that much money. I hate golf. The most boring, would be sport... next to watching paint dry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golf takes a great deal of skill mate, but yeah it's shit to watch. Fucking hard to play aswell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Not bad eh? I can't believe Tiger Woods makes that much money. I hate golf. The most boring, would be sport... next to watching paint dry.
    I agree it takes tremendous skill to master golf just like any other sport but considering the distributive aspect of the rewards between an average boxer and a golfer it seems like almost an injustice, as golf is the least physically exhaustive and injury proned sport than any other sport
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I don't consider golf a sport. It's a game. Like darts and bowling. Anyway it sucks that they make so much. Racing isn't much of a sport either. I would rather watch darts and bowling than both racing and golf.

What is the world coming to when the highest paid football player is a lineman??

Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame
    Yeah I don't consider golf a sport. It's a game. Like darts and bowling. Anyway it sucks that they make so much. Racing isn't much of a sport either. I would rather watch darts and bowling than both racing and golf.

What is the world coming to when the highest paid football player is a lineman??

Ah come on man formula one racers deserve the shat loads of money they get. You'd have to pay me several million pounds a year to expect me to risk my life hurtling around a race track at 200 mph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

Ah come on man formula one racers deserve the shat loads of money they get. You'd have to pay me several million pounds a year to expect me to risk my life hurtling around a race track at 200 mph.
    Well I am not so bothered by the money race car drivers make. Sure that's risky. It's still not a sport in my opinion, and I still wouldn't want to watch it. Maybe it's my short attention span.

Golf still sucks. And they get too much for too little. Plus they dress funny. Weird crap. Even the guys carrying the clubs make more than the average boxer. It's one of the many conspiracy's.....

Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a lot of respect for golf and expecially for Tiger, he truely has transcended his sport like very few athletes do. But I cannot believe there is that much money to be made playing golf. Its unbelievable. Big props to Oscar though.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gotta love michael jordan though. He's been retired for like 5 years and he's still in the top 10 haah
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think tiger make that much money because of endorsement and stuff, he just made a deal with gatoraide for a few million not sure exact amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

Well I am not so bothered by the money race car drivers make. Sure that's risky. It's still not a sport in my opinion, and I still wouldn't want to watch it. Maybe it's my short attention span.

Golf still sucks. And they get too much for too little. Plus they dress funny. Weird crap. Even the guys carrying the clubs make more than the average boxer. It's one of the many conspiracy's.....

Yeah golf is hard to play and requires alot of skill, plus intangibles, but I couldn't force myself to watch it more than 9 minutes{unless you count Caddyshack}......Booooooorrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnngggggg . And the silly clown clothes they wear are ridiculous, bordering on insanity. It's more like a science project than a sport.
    And race car driving is probably even more boring. I do give the drivers credit as mentally they have to be very tough and composed every second they are in that car, and physically they have to be very fit, as controlling a car at those speeds for that long has to be taxing on the body, along with the fact they have to get cramped up in that tiny space.....claustrophobics need not apply. But as far as entertaining?? I'd rather pick my nose while watching Hee-Haw than stare at a bunch of cars going around in circles. If I wanted to be entertained by watching things run in circles, I'd watch the Special Olympics To each their own though
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information