Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KEYS TO VICTORY- Calzaghe vs Kessler

For me the keys to victory are as follow:

Joe - "Volume punching" Joe needs to try and outland Kessler if possible 3 to 1.
    "In and Out style" Joe needs to punch on the inside and step out but he must also throw something preferably a jab.
    "Use the entire ring" Joe needs to use his skills which IMO are above Kess if Joe can box well as we've seen him do then he'll be fine.

Kessler - "Put some mustard on his punches" Kess needs to throw power punches but he needs to be selective not
    conservative but selective on the ones that he throws with the most power.
    "Have the last say" Kess needs to realize the Joes gonna flurry regardless of what goes on Kess needs to make sure that
    as Joe finishes his flurry that he MUST land at least 1 hard punch if possible 2.
    "Late rally" Kess needs to bring on the pressure late in the fight Kess needs to close out the fight wining the last rounds
    he can not afford to let Joe win any of the late rounds.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Joe has to move a lot, keep Kess on his toes so his power is affected, Joe needs to shine the shoes and get out without getting countered.

Kessler needs to work behind the jab and try and let Joe move himself into a corner where Kess should be able to jump on him better. Kessler should also mix in lead right crosses but they had better be bang on the money or else he's going to get some punches in return which he didn't want.

I see Joe winning by decision but Kessler could very well be the right guy at the right place at the right time and KO Calzaghe....but then again we all thought Jeff Lacy was that guy too. There is just too much difference between the Cream of the 168 division and the "contenders" for me to make a solid guess......I like Calzaghe though but his attitude may get in the way of fighting a smart fight this go round
    .....eh.....eeeeehhh pretty damned on the money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe has to move a lot, keep Kess on his toes so his power is affected, Joe needs to shine the shoes and get out without getting countered.

Kessler needs to work behind the jab and try and let Joe move himself into a corner where Kess should be able to jump on him better. Kessler should also mix in lead right crosses but they had better be bang on the money or else he's going to get some punches in return which he didn't want.

I see Joe winning by decision but Kessler could very well be the right guy at the right place at the right time and KO Calzaghe....but then again we all thought Jeff Lacy was that guy too. There is just too much difference between the Cream of the 168 division and the "contenders" for me to make a solid guess......I like Calzaghe though but his attitude may get in the way of fighting a smart fight this go round
    Talk about patting yourself on the back giving yourself the reach around.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

El Kabong Guest

....you're no fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Talk about patting yourself on the back giving yourself the reach around.
    ....you're no fun
    Alright alright...you can thumb yourself also.

Glad I could help.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information