Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghe the Southpaw

Agree with DLA. And there is no way that anyone can be certain about this fight. VD - your last post was foolish. Either you have an unjustified disdain for British fighters, or you are trying to wind people up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    I'm embarrassed to say,but I have seen Kessler ONE time on the tube live.Thats it!
    Just do not know enough of him but against andrade he pretty much did as he pleased.struck me a real Strong and fast handed puncher,Looked like a "direct" forward puncher while Calzaghe throws all around and in bunches with good movement and footwork.
    Whats Kesslers History of cuts and swelling?? Can he Punch Through Joes Flurrys??
    Dunno how he'll do against Joe's flurrys. Speed wont worry him cos it didnt against Mundine who is as fast any 168 fighter out there. I dont think Kessler has a history of cuts and swelling cos looking back at his career i dont think anyone has hit him, cos he has won all his fights with ease.
    One thing i cant get over when i see Mikkel is how feakin big he is for a 168 fighter his legs must be hollow!
    Anyway it is gonna be a good clash of styles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if it goes past the midway stage then Calzaghe will win. In terms of knockout - Kessler. Just gut feeling. Hope it's a tight twelve rounder with joe coming out smilin'.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    I'm embarrassed to say,but I have seen Kessler ONE time on the tube live.Thats it!
    Just do not know enough of him but against andrade he pretty much did as he pleased.struck me a real Strong and fast handed puncher,Looked like a "direct" forward puncher while Calzaghe throws all around and in bunches with good movement and footwork.
    Whats Kesslers History of cuts and swelling?? Can he Punch Through Joes Flurrys??
    Dunno how he'll do against Joe's flurrys. Speed wont worry him cos it didnt against Mundine who is as fast any 168 fighter out there. I dont think Kessler has a history of cuts and swelling cos looking back at his career i dont think anyone has hit him, cos he has won all his fights with ease.
    One thing i cant get over when i see Mikkel is how feakin big he is for a 168 fighter his legs must be hollow!
    So I take It your picking Kessler . Im very glad to see that alot of Europeon fighters are FINALLY getting exposure over here.Or more accuratley that Were getting exposed to them.
    He does look Big,saw him In studio on ESPN as co-analyst after Andrade win.Hes that dominate vs.previous foes
    This is what makes boxing so great...The best vs. the Best.Thanks for info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I take It your picking Kessler . Im very glad to see that alot of Europeon fighters are FINALLY getting exposure over here.Or more accuratley that Were getting exposed to them.
    He does look Big,saw him In studio on ESPN as co-analyst after Andrade win.Hes that dominate vs.previous foes
    Im not really picking anyone, cos its that close.
    I've only really seen Mikkel's title fights and he has been absolutely dominant in all. Mundine gave him a little trouble but didnt land anything powerful. He seems very cool in and out of the ring, and anyone who can get a tattoo that big must have a good pain threshold.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've only really seen Mikkel's title fights and he has been absolutely dominant in all. Mundine gave him a little trouble but didnt land anything powerful. He seems very cool in and out of the ring, and anyone who can get a tattoo that big must have a good pain threshold.
    Either that, or they woke up one morning after a big night out on the tiles and go, "Holy shit, what is that on me...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Either that, or they woke up one morning after a big night out on the tiles and go, "Holy S***, what is that on me...."
    HAHA jeez u'd have to be drunk. CC

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When a southpaw matches up with orthodox, advantage goes to the guy with the best jab. I think Kessler will pick him apart with the jab from a distance. Joe is gonna be trying to get inside all night same as Andrade, and Andrade seemed bigger than Joe but slower. Andrade didnt hit Kessler clean very many times, we'll see if Joes fast enough. From what I've seen of Joe his jab wasnt impressing me, hand speed yes, but no power in it.

Thread Information