Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mikkel Kessler "Joe Calzaghe Crushed My Dream"

Quote Originally Posted by Bukom Battler
    I hope Kessler does come back with his mind in tact. He seemed absolutely gutted he lost and even said he did not think he performed well.

Calzaghe won the fight for me with his jab and movement. He was too quick. I think if Kessler can learn to negate some of that speed then i think he will be even better. However, I expect that if Calzaghe does move up then Kessler will have one of his belts back very soon.

Kessler v Froch anyone?
    I thought you wanted Kessler to bounce back

King Cobra will rule in 2008

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    No, i give him credit for his accomplishments but really he is technically not a skilled fighter. He has good hand speed, alright power occasionally and some good head movement but his technique lacks quite a bit. Im just saying mundine should be given credit for his skill, im not talking about accomplishments. Calzaghe has done great things and i give him full credit for them.
    That's one of the things I like best about boxing - there's a lot more to it than technique. Joe got inside Kessler's head in that fight, confused him with movement and took him out of his game. Joe does look wild at times, but that's just his technique. If a fighter can be that successful with a style that is technically flawed, maybe we should re-examine the definition of good technique. People say similar things about Pacquiao, and it's true - neither of these guys are textbook. But that doesn't diminish the skill they possess - it's just a different skill set than the "textbook" fighter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    By the sounds of it Kess isn't taking this too well.
    I hope this doesn't shut him down, hes better then that. Kess needs to go to the drawing board, train and look for the next fight.
    Kess is young & built his whole life on this dream...I can only imagine...plus...he's never NEVER faced such adversity...before, during, & after...it's gotta be heartbreaking & devastating.
    no doubt, if it was any other fighter i would of been routingfor kessler i think, stand up guy who was not just fighitng for him self, he had an entire nation on his back, the danes idiolise the guy - around 20k made the trip and cheered him on well, no doubt he could hear that at times.

He will come back tho, he didnt take a beating, he raised his own profile after that IMO

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukom Battler
    I hope Kessler does come back with his mind in tact. He seemed absolutely gutted he lost and even said he did not think he performed well.

Calzaghe won the fight for me with his jab and movement. He was too quick. I think if Kessler can learn to negate some of that speed then i think he will be even better. However, I expect that if Calzaghe does move up then Kessler will have one of his belts back very soon.

Kessler v Froch anyone?
    I thought you wanted Kessler to bounce back

King Cobra will rule in 2008
    Ha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe is effective in his awkwardness. Joe will be hard for anyone to crack, also being gifted with a good chin, never hurts.. I thought it to be a solid performance by both men,, they did themselves and the sport proud.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually came out of it liking Kessler more, hopefully he just takes it and moves on, he could take over 168 after Joe leaves. Although who knows how long it will be before he moves up too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Mr Kessler Learned more last night about fighting than ever before, and didnt get hurt. He will get better from lessons learned, should come back a better fighter I was impressed. Technicaly a better fighter than Joe but not as inventive.
    Exactly mate, calzaghe adjusted. Although calzaghe was throwing some useless punches, they werent wasting energy and it was enough to keep kessler weary and keep some gas in the tank. Calzaghe is crafty but for me not a technically efficient fighter.
    how can you say he isn't technically efficient when he fought pretty much the perfect fight.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, a rematch is senseless. Kessler would have to get a lucky KO to win it. It's now obvious to me (and many before the fight) that Calzaghe would out box Kessler again and again.

Hopkins will get humiliated if he faces Calzaghe. I'm going off the Wright bout of course. Hopkins looked like an antique.

I imagine Bika will get a shot at Kessler sooner than later after his appearance on The Contender.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His punch technique ono leaves a lot to be desired. But his confidence and ring generalship makes up for it, Joes had bad hands for years. Hes got a wonderfull sense of distance always did have as an Amatuer, He was the one you knew would make it as a Pro. Plus him and his Dad are a great team. What Enzos done is not try and mend something that isnt broken, sign of a good coach.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good point scrap. seen a several fighters knocked of track from that very thing " trying to fix what is not broken"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, Scrap - people have always derided Joe's technique, but they did that about Cassius Clay as well.

He really does have the gift of distance. His balance is wierd as well - he looks clumsy at times, but he is always perfectly positioned to slip and counter - I think kids could learn just by watching his footwork, which is truly exemplary.

Joe's special thing is his absolute stone cold professionalism - he is a winner and he knows when to raise his game and let it all hang out. Fighters can only go to the well so often in a career, and his longivety is due to his knowing exactly at what level he needs to fight (that's why people knock him, he fights to his opponents level and makes sure that he gets what he is there for ... a win)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

x I agree cc
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he for sure did,and broke your heart in taking the shots he did then coming back with more, but Kess did him self and the sport proud...and he can certainly learn from this and be an even better fighter/boxer than before ......if he wants it enough...Hats off to both guys...brilliant...
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill give calzaghe respect for his win but im have to say this....calzaghe has one hell of an ugly style and for god sake can someone teach him to punch. Ive never seen so much slapping in my life, i respect him and i congratulate him but i have to say that the fight was close and i just hope the judges did not score some of those punches. Congrats to calzaghe and hope to see him fight in some more big fights.
    Wow. You can't please 'em all. Youv'e never seen so much slapping in your life? Those were power punches that busted Kessler's face up worse than anyone he has ever faced...including Mundine.

The fight sure as shit wasn't close...watch it again. Calzaghe pretty much shut him down on all fronts after the 4th or 5th round.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Joe Calzaghe Crushed My Dream" -- Kessler

The more I see this the funnier it becomes. I just find it to be a very humerous statement. Something that you might hear Krusty the Clown say on a classic Simpsons episode...

LOL Crushed my dream...

Thread Information